• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC -- SC, Where You Been!? -- Date: 3/13/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I gave him a ride home and he was all like "you guys wanna come and play some brawl?"

Kale looked at me and i looked at kale and we knew... we knew son.

it was just SO awkward.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol, you guys probably wouldn't have been able to stay either way. It was just a friendly gesture. Though I wouldn't have minded some company. My house is pretty lonely.

Lareit

Smash Ace
This is unrelated to smash.

Does everyone here know what I mean when I mentioned the Man Nod?

Because I used to think of it as universal, then I realized no one gave it to me in Chicago. So now I fear it might be a southern thing, if not even a Carolina thing.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
So guys, I'm pretty darn ready for HERB3. I'm hoping to do pretty well.

Devy-Devin

Gay.

Lol. We need a smashfest this saturday. I need practice.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well, whenI lived in DC, people man nodded all the tiem. But I do think it's more common in the southeast.

EDIT: I can ask my parents if some people can come to my place Saturday to practice.

As a last resort.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol No we don't. Being from southeast (what a coincidence xD) DC I can say we give dap 95% of the time. Nodding looks corny sometimes lol.

Lareit

Smash Ace
lol No we don't. Being from southeast (what a coincidence xD) DC I can say we give dap 95% of the time. Nodding looks corny sometimes lol.

The man nod is a subtle dip of the head, you keep eye contact for the duration untill he returns it, then you immediately break eye contact. It's a sign of respect and acknowledgement. It doesn't look corny.

And what the hell is Dap.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
The man nod is a subtle dip of the head, you keep eye contact for the duration untill he returns it, then you immediately break eye contact. It's a sign of respect and acknowledgement. It doesn't look corny.

nigglet term for a fist bump.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
x.x; I downloaded LoL. Then when I tryed to play a game. It turns out I can't play it because my computer sucks balls.

It said something about my graphics card being horrible.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol it's not a fist bump. It's the handshake black people always do. Do you mean nodding at random people??? Hell no, we don't acknowledge people we don't know AT ALL. People are weird in the south, yall say hi to random people and I'm like "wtf". We don't do that **** in the north.

I live near DC as well (I just school in Greensboro). The DC slang is crazy. Anyway, I'll see you all at HERB right?
Young, Moe, Son, Jack(cigarette), Bamma, Steal(hit), Bop(head), GOGO, Lunchin; you mean these DC slang terms? Yup, I talk just like em. I can't say my r's right either. Like, when I say BarryFarms I say BerryFaams. You know what I mean, I'm sure you've heard it. Yeah, I'll be @ Herb.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
The south is more friendly. I personally still like the north lifestyle. But the man nod is a northern thing too.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lol it's not a fist bump. It's the handshake black people always do. Do you mean nodding at random people??? Hell no, we don't acknowledge people we don't know AT ALL. People are weird in the south, yall say hi to random people and I'm like "wtf". We don't do that **** in the north.

Young, Moe, Son, Jack(cigarette), Bamma, Steal(hit), Bop(head), GOGO, Luchin; you mean these DC slang terms? Yup, I talk just like em. I can't say my r's right either. Like, when I say BarryFarms I say BerryFaams. You know what I mean, I'm sure you've heard it. Yeah, I'll be @ Herb.
such a ******

0megaZer0

Smash Lord

ADAM doesn't know what dap is....awwwwwwwww MAN!!! lawl

If I'm not to busy I can do a smashfest...let me look at my time slots lol

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Dude I just watched DaShizWiz vs Falcomist sets 2 and 3, how the **** can I not go to Herb now!?

Seriously though, I don't know if I can pull together the $$ to make the trip. We'll see. Plus I haven't played since Pound... lol

Vicus

Smash Rookie
Ill do what i can to be at the next one.

Heard there was some sort of challenge at these now? Pft.

****ing scrubs.

Train Wreck!

Smash Rookie
Dont make me laugh.

This past tourney was fun for me,

everyone get to their destinations on time? Glad everyone got there one way ticket to the blast zones just in time to board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom