• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Dante, what time can we have the CCS building? And what does CCS stand for? Cool Computer Science?-.-
College of Creative Studies
My opposition to playing at UCSB is that if we can't play until afternoon or later, it is not as appealing. I am willing and able to play from frikkin 8:00am to 8:00pm, so the more time available to us, the better. Please let me know as soon as possible.
I guess I'd have to ask josh how early he could let us in. also we need to know how early everyone else can show up. I don't think the end time of the smashfest would be a problem; last time we stayed there until near midnight and no one bothered us. It's mainly about the entry.
Also, to cover more bases, Dante, if my house ends up being the better option, you wanna come?
I would love to if I am allowed.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
lol I love how everyone jumps at the opportunity of hitching a ride with gosusheep and ignores the fact that josh can get us a venue in SB. Can't blame you guys. It does sound fun, but the CCS option is more convenient for most people, and there's only so much room in his car anyway. having a smashfest on campus is the way to go.

Oh yeah and what time should I tell josh that we intend on starting the fest? Not too early hopefully.... I guess Josh really has the power in this regard. I told him in the afternoon.... let me know what you guys want.
Well with gosusheep it is for sure while with the ccs thing it is tentative. CCS would be perfect but as of now it is unsure. As for a time it is hard to say. Smash club would start at 6 30 but i would prefer earlier. Really anytime is good.

Gosusheep, again anytime in the afternoon is fine. I need sleep so 8am is a bit early haha. As for getting back I have no set time just whenever is good for you. You're doing me a favor so do what works best for you =)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@DrAwesome,

Let's see what time the others can make it and what time they need to be home. Santa Ynez is about 45 minutes from Goleta, so I am only going to make 1 trip. This means that everyone's schedule must line up or we need more drivers.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
we'd need more drivers, even if we all could go at the same time.

1.cho
2. huy
3.dr awesome
4. the new guy
5. andrej
6. me

otherwise some people are getting left behind. hence why I'm kind of banking on CCS.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Oscular. Where is FT? What does it stand for?

The good thing about my house is that we can get there whenever we want and people can sleep there. That's not a huge benefit over, you know---being in Santa Barbara, but it is a plus.

Dante, when will you know what time at the earliest we can occupy CCS space?

EDIT: Smashboards things im a moderator.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Ft is the dorm on storke road which stands for Francisco torres I think. They actually changed the name to Santa Catalina but ppl still refer it as FT.
And what special powers do you have as moderator? O_o

as for Saturday, I can meet as early as you want Matt but I would prefer to come back around 6 if we were to do it at your place. But it's really up to you since you are providing the ride.

And I can bring a full setup btw if need be.

Edit: wth? I'm a moderator too lol

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Cool@Caleb. If you can stay until ~7 or 8, then that would be good. However, it's very possible that we'll just do this at UCSB cuz its in SB anyway.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
RoFL. You guys are ridiculous-.-

If Dante were to respond to your question about the availability of the CCS room, he'd most likely have to read this thread (assuming he isn't subscribed to it). If he both had an update about CCS room AND was reading this thread, he would undoubtedly inform us of this update. Because he is the one that said he would speak to Josh about the CCS room, it is unnecessary for Huy to explain that we do not yet have an update because, as we can see, Dante hasn't replied.

Nonetheless, I am also very eager to find out our "Final Destination" for the smashfest. Where you at Dante?

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
was it just me or was swf down for the whole day saturday? i kept getting a 502 gateway error or somethin... lol i just ended up going to chumash instead. whered u guys play?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah it was down. We ended up playing at the ccs building across the library parking lot. None of us had your phone number so we couldn't contact you, but smashclub starts back up this Saturday.

And you went to Chumash? O_o waht do you play? If you play poker let me know I have a semi regular home game I go to or if you have one I would be interested in playing with you ;)

∫unk

Smash Master
thanks to people like dantarion, this sort of thing is possible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ItK-MZG9AQ

mmm

the other day I saw CubaIsDeath's Melee it was pretty amazing. It started with this famous combo video (and one of my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vziStKcg6g) instead of the introduction video, and he had texture and music hacks.

I heard of those being around but that's the first time I saw them irl. someone in cencal should do that to their melee!

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it was down. We ended up playing at the ccs building across the library parking lot. None of us had your phone number so we couldn't contact you, but smashclub starts back up this Saturday.

And you went to Chumash? O_o waht do you play? If you play poker let me know I have a semi regular home game I go to or if you have one I would be interested in playing with you ;)
Nah I play blackjack. I never really got into the actual strategy of poker. I play casually with my friends for like $5-20, but I would get owned by even mildly good players. i mean, i could learn it, but i feel like it would take forever to get really good

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Nah I play blackjack. I never really got into the actual strategy of poker. I play casually with my friends for like $5-20, but I would get owned by even mildly good players. i mean, i could learn it, but i feel like it would take forever to get really good
hey oscular were you in the computer lab on friday watching a vid of mango vs ken?

if not nvm forget I mentioned it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
was it just me or was swf down for the whole day saturday? i kept getting a 502 gateway error or somethin... lol i just ended up going to chumash instead. whered u guys play?
It was down for the whole day. :(

I gave Oscular all of our cell phone numbers. :) I have his cell phone number too except my mind totally slipped and I forgot to call him. :(

Yeah dante's wii is hacked with audio and texture changes. He's had it for a while and it's pretty ****. Freakin Ronald mcdonald cfalcon lol
"I'm loving the knee" lol. :laugh:

@Dante,

If you see someone watching a video of mango vs ken, don't you think it's a good idea to introduce yourself?-.-
I was thinking the exact same thing except I recall Dante saying the person was like doing math WebWork homework or something and Dante didn't want to disrupt him. :chuckle:

I'm actually sitting next to Dante in the computer lab right now as I type this message lol. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
*looks to the right*

sup huy :bee:

I'd like to take this moment to trash talk andrej and david (ICU and Dr. Awesome on these boards, respectively):

GET ***** BY ME AND MY LEVEL 9 CP GANON IN TEAMS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

we were the only ones left at the end of the smashfest, and decided to try out teams with a cp on my team. Me and lil ganny won 2 out of 3 games. that's the equivalent of a tournament set, folks.
if I don't find a teammate for gamefest i'm gonna team with a level 9 ganondorf and see how far I can get. If I win, I won't have to split the pot!

AHAHAHAHAHA

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
dante said:
we were the only ones left at the end of the smashfest, and decided to try out teams with a cp on my team. Me and lil ganny won 2 out of 3 games. that's the equivalent of a tournament set, folks.
if I don't find a teammate for gamefest i'm gonna team with a level 9 ganondorf and see how far I can get. If I win, I won't have to split the pot!
ROFL. That's awesome.

Huy said:
For SBCC Gamefest, I'm looking at teaming up with Dante. If Dante is teaming up with Josh, I'm looking at Gino.
I'll team with Lucky, and we'll call it even-.-

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
hey SLO, i'm gonna be going down there this weekend for the cal poly cultural weekend (for newly admitted students and whatnot).

you guys down to smash?

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Slo only has this slo only has that... you guys talk down upon us all the ime but at the end of the day who comes to the tournaments in sb and takes all your money? Slo people that's who. You guys should show a little more respect for your cencal bretheran hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom