• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

∫unk

Smash Master
i didnt get to meet any melee people, and i played pretty dumb in brawl

good job warp winning

no brawl doubles was dumb

gishnak it was fun maybe hang
out on my way back? ill play melee

blueb3rry

Smash Cadet
it looks like i'll be going to cal poly if i don't get into berkeley, and frankly i'm not holding my breath. so do most of you guys live on or off campus? i was looking into staying at poly canyon or something in the fall, and i'd like to find a roommate who i'd have at least something in common with

CrashOverride

Smash Cadet
I wish I had stuck around for crews, but I felt badly for not doing my ******* paper early. Oh well. gj SLO, we'll get you next time.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
it looks like i'll be going to cal poly if i don't get into berkeley, and frankly i'm not holding my breath. so do most of you guys live on or off campus? i was looking into staying at poly canyon or something in the fall, and i'd like to find a roommate who i'd have at least something in common with
Sheen lives on campus, Ross and Gishnak live close to the school, I live in AG about 15 minutes south

Stev

Smash Ace
Well almost all first years live on campus, and I recommend you do from a social standpoint. You'll develop friends who will stick w/ you all the way through college. We're ahead of you and i think Gishnack and I are graduating after next year anyways. But if you ask me in terms of housing, Yosemite will get you a lot more of close friends and is the only real coed dorm (the others are seperated by floors, though i'm not sure how they arrange it in poly canyon and what ever the other newer place is as its name is escaping me right now), sierra madre is more of a party dorm, the Poly Canyon and the other place that's new are just that: new. They're suite style, which i guess has its benefits, but just from my own opinion, I'd rather not have that during the first year cuz you'll wanna meet more people and there's no common room. I'm not sure how housing is changing for people after their first year, cuz it's changed every year i've been here, but most people live off campus.

blueb3rry

Smash Cadet
Well almost all first years live on campus, and I recommend you do from a social standpoint. You'll develop friends who will stick w/ you all the way through college. We're ahead of you and i think Gishnack and I are graduating after next year anyways. But if you ask me in terms of housing, Yosemite will get you a lot more of close friends and is the only real coed dorm (the others are seperated by floors, though i'm not sure how they arrange it in poly canyon and what ever the other newer place is as its name is escaping me right now), sierra madre is more of a party dorm, the Poly Canyon and the other place that's new are just that: new. They're suite style, which i guess has its benefits, but just from my own opinion, I'd rather not have that during the first year cuz you'll wanna meet more people and there's no common room. I'm not sure how housing is changing for people after their first year, cuz it's changed every year i've been here, but most people live off campus.
I'm a 21 year old transfer student though, so the privacy and independence of the apartment style living appeals to me. It looks like i'll be finishing my undergraduate work after winter quarter 2013. On an other note, do any of you guys happen to be engineers (electrical)? Also, It would be nice to find someone on here who is also gonna be looking for a roommate this fall

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
sure. I hope you can make it though. I'd like to play you some more. ;)
I think I am going to study at the library and then take a break once every two hours I guess to play Melee so my schedule will probably go something like this:

6-8: Study
8-8:30: Melee
8:30 - 10:30: Study
10:30 - whenever: Melee
;)

Or maybe switch the order so I can get the pizza first and play when there is few people as possible to minimize the waiting time. :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Hey slo
those of you guys going to cal poly I'm just wondering how do you like it there? I know the school is pretty awesome in terms of academics but I'm just wondering how the "vibe" of ppl and city around it is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom