• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savannah Tournament on July 26th(Now looking for discs + TVs)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
lol but honestly i want this to be good but i think fast is the week b4 this or during the same week
people are gogin to be broke and savanah(spelling) is not exactly close to alot of us i think
Glad you want it to be good; I do to. And yeah, fast is approximately a week before hand. Though there are many people within 3-4 hours of Savannah, and if everyone is of the opinion that it is only worth coming if there are people there, no one will come. Everyone is saying "I'll be there... if there are enough people to make it worth it" . With that attitude everyone is a maybe and there's no conclusion lol. Kaddy... wtf I didn't know you played chess O_o

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
im still coming, and i still need a partner. sleepyK said he might come or he might not.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Not to be pushy, but today is July 8th... meaning 18 days until the tourney. It'd be great if we could actually know somewhat earlier how many people are going to be there so we know what kind of set ups we need; or if we need to ask anyone to bring something etc. Right now we have around 8 people coming INCLUDING Savannah (I'm making a guestimate) and like 2 or 3 maybes. An 11 person tournament isn't sounding too great, so all I can say is wtf. I agree, again, with nicaboy. We want this to be good, and we can't do that if there aren't people lol.

Prac352

Smash Lord
im still coming, and i still need a partner. sleepyK said he might come or he might not.
I'm pretty sure I got dibs on CreepyK for teams, but if he wishes to crush my dreams and team with you . . . I'll understand . . . and need a teammate.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
1. Dogy 1 Mars 0
2. There is a tournament almost 2 hours closer, again you lose.
3. This tournament lacks hype, so it will probably stay small, once again you lose.

You should have put it the week before/after FAST. It's kinda like having a fencing tournament while teh superbowl is on. Not too many people are going to show up.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
**** mars.

1) this is the week AFTER fast. Fail less
2) the tourney 2 hours closer the same day is brawl. Fail less
3) they've had this thread up forever. Fail less.

***** GO TEAM WITH LVL 9 GANONS AGAIN

*runs away*

__

savannah still is like, 12 hours away from the rest of the community. >.>

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Im Gay.

*runs away*

__

1. I cant read..my hairline is too straight. <3
2. Are you implying that you would drive 2 hours to a 5 man tourney instead of having free money at a brawl one? Silly person you are.
3. Youre still gay.
4. <3

You remember that >_>; Wow man.

ss118

Smash Master
Are you implying that you would drive 2 hours to a 5 man tourney instead of having free money at a brawl one? Silly person you are.
it is attitudes like this that make our tournies have the poor showups that they do. Instead of complaining about how this isn't worth driving to because of the lack of people, why not actually make this worth coming to? Bring a couple of people, hype it up: I'm trying my best to do it, but I'm all alone. If people like this keep coming up saying "I don't feel like coming because no one will be there", then how the hell does anyone come.

Person 1: "I'll come if 2 people are there
Person 2: "I'm coming."
Person 3: "I'll come if person 1 comes."

It doesn't take an expert at math to see that because how lazy person 1 was, the showup was 1/3rd of what it could be. Instead of relying on me to make this a great tourney(which I'm working my *** off doing), why not help out and guarantee a great tourney?

Also, we always have around 10 people show up from Statesburough(sp?), so it will have a decent show up whether or not you people come. However, we would rather enjoy it more if you or anyone else came. =]

Hope to see ya there.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Gas. Is. Not. Cheap. Im sure this tournament will be great but Id (most people) much rather attend a closer guaranteed larger tournament. also GA's tournament scene is meh at best. I like how other states have enough people to divide themselves into regions and we can barely scrounge up enough people to support 1 tournament. Go figure.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Reread both posts. Mars was mature and changed the text.

¿Lástima en nosotros? ¿Porqué?
Pst. I like Dogy. Hes mad cool. Dont come in here flaming me, I have no clue who the **** you are and wouldnt hesitate to have some of your money..

Lots of love, Mars <333333

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
**** mars.

*runs away*

__

This post if full of epic win. Also, Savannah is a 3 and a half hour drive from Valdosta(I'm actually in Valdosta State right now, and there for next 2 weeks), so yeah it's pretty far, but it's still within 3-5 hours of major cities.

More importantly, anyone wanna shed light on any particular reason WHY people don't wanna come? I mean, how far is Valdosta/Columbus and Atlanta apart from each other? Sure there's probably a better tourney up in Atlanta that makes it worth going to even with a 4 hour drive, but it's only a better tourney because no one wants to make this one a better tourney.

Tomkitty, I'll go for a MM. Also, by prac saying he's teaming with sleepyK, does that mean both of you are coming? If so I'm assuming someone from your general area might be tagging along? (I mean, there's all of CDE, and the general Atl area ^.^)

S0FT

Smash Ace
Well, I think I know why yall do not get that big of a turn out.
I think if yall went to more tournaments and met more peope, yall would get a bigger turn out.
I mean no one in Georgia really knows you....

I am not trying to be rude, but I think thats why.

mog112

Smash Ace
i think my attendance will probably determined on whether fullmetal goes or not.

if he does and i get a ride, prbly a good chance i will make it.

edit: fullmetal team if we go?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going or not.
I don't even know if I have off from work yet.
=/

Prolly won't know till right after FAST1. :(

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Soft, it's not rude at all. I really agree with you, but I've tried the best I can to go places... parents aren't the greatest help though (aka they won't let me O_o) What you say is pretty much completely right lol, but I have tried. And what Full Metal is saying is pretty good I guess; there's probably a good bit of people who won't know until after fast1. We'll see what happens after this weekend in terms of attendance.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
It's just that it's in a distant, relatively small community area without a promised turnout or promised competition.

SleepyK

Actually, we are competition. Now get your *** down here so we can prove it!

=P
While that's good and all, you guys still don't have a draw, like the presence of OOSers or a big name. Once again the turnout is not guaranteed, and apparently the previous savannah tournament didn't go so well. the G4S tournament series is a good parallel to this: it always has a guaranteed OOs showing (location helps), the venue was guaranteed to be good due to previous tournaments, and there are good players in Columbus (who have proven their worth) who would be there regardless. I'm not doubting your skill, I'm probably going to this tournament, but don't get upset over a potentially small turnout when you have seemingly little to offer.

you should get your ***** up here and prove it.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
while That's Good And All, You Guys Still Don't Have A Draw, Like The Presence Of Oosers Or A Big Name. Once Again The Turnout Is Not Guaranteed, And Apparently The Previous Savannah Tournament Didn't Go So Well. The G4s Tournament Series Is A Good Parallel To This: It Always Has A Guaranteed Oos Showing (location Helps), The Venue Was Guaranteed To Be Good Due To Previous Tournaments, And There Are Good Players In Columbus (who Have Proven Their Worth) Who Would Be There Regardless. I'm Not Doubting Your Skill, I'm Probably Going To This Tournament, But Don't Get Upset Over A Potentially Small Turnout When You Have Seemingly Little To Offer.

You Should Get Your ***** Up Here And Prove It.
<33333333333333333333333

SleepyK

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb gerboy.

Don't forget, though you guys posted months in advance, you did jack **** to advertise and attempt to attract people.

We spammed the **** out of TGMTSBCO.

Toraie

Smash Rookie
Pst. I like Dogy. Hes mad cool. Dont come in here flaming me, I have no clue who the **** you are and wouldnt hesitate to have some of your money..

Lots of love, Mars <333333
From what I've heard, he's mad cool indeed. <3

Money? I am nowhere near good enough to be playing for money. I'm willing to bet (LOLOL IRONY)that your proclaimed sucky Fox can beat any one of my characters. C:

@flamin': Sorreh... ;;
I don't lurk here, I just hear what goes on from ss118 and Druggy. So I don't know anyone.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Once again SleepyK, you have no idea how much I've tried to get to any god-****ed tournament. I have seriously tried the best I possibly can to get there, but oh well. Also, we're not expecting a large turnout, but there would be a reason to go if people actually went. People aren't going because no one else is going either. So at this rate, either everyone goes or no one goes; seeing the amount of people who have claimed they are coming, its the latter: but I'm sure you get what I mean about that.

SleepyK

Well, you could have guaranteed a larger turnout by spamming the thread more.

and not hosting it right after fast1, lol

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lol I guess; though generally I think it gets more annoying when people are spamming. Probably should have =D Well hopefully after fast1 is over we'll know how many people can come. Right now you can possibly come, and I'm hoping some people from Columbus can get out here. There's also FullMetal who may come depending on his situation after Fast1... Maybe if we get him+ some people from area, columbus people, soft is coming, you're coming, and possibly anyone with you? It's not really an attraction, but there was also when someone (Prac?) offered housing to the TN people. I doubt they can come, but with things like this, it'll be a half decent turn out, and hopefully more people will want to come ;p Also, ss118 said he was talking to some people who may come, but haven't actually posted; so I need to talk to him about that.

SleepyK

I've wanted to go to savannah to see you guys + beachtiem for a while now, so i'm going.

Porbably bringing chaddd, eugene, and cornel.

ss118

Smash Master
Do not tell me people are going to come down here just for tybee...

If that's the case, I have a whole new advertisement. My grandmother owns a hotel right next to the beach, and I'm sure one room can fit four people if you really squeeze. She's not willing to lend rooms for free though(I tried already).

Top Bottom