• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Savannah Tournament on July 26th(Now looking for discs + TVs)

ss118

Smash Master
This is happening and WILL NOT be changing.
There will be NO Brawl!
Not even friendlies.
Get over it.

Notice that this thread is exactly one month in advance. Now with that out of the way, let's get to the real information. This is a tournament being held in Savannah, GA on July 26th, and don't worry, it won't be continuously changed. ^^'

Venue and Other Crucial Info

134 Brandywine Road
Savannah, GA 31405

Doors open at 10:00.
Registration/Arrival for doubles will be from 10:00-12:00. Doubles start at 12:30.
Singles registration will be an hour after the conclusion of doubles. The singles tournament will be an hour and a half after the opening of registration.

Money Issues
$10 per player entry fee, both tournaments single and double. 100% will go into pots. Also, a small sheet of paper will be held by a neutral party, including your name(s) and double-blind character(s) pick.

The Pots

Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 40%
3rd - $20 (refund)

Singles
1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%

Rules
All matches will be played 4 stock, 8:00 time limit.
Regular matches are 2/3, semi- finals and Finals are 3/5.

Friendly Fire will be turned on for Doubles. If it turns out that that team attack is off, the match is null-and-void ONLY if the conclusion of the match has not been reached. Meaning you can't wait till after the match to mention how the lack of team attack made you lose.

1st Match: Both players can choose to ban a single stage. Then both players pick a character and have a match on a random(AKA Neutral) stage unless both players agree on a legal(Neutral/ Counterpick) stage. If there are any disputes against certain character selections, both sides will be forced to select their double-blind character(s).

2nd and so forth Match(es): Loser(s) pick legal stage. Winner selects character(s), then loser(s) do(es) the same. The same stage cannot be played twice in a single set unless both sides agree to the selected stage.

Stage Selections
Teams Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Kongo Jungle 64

Teams Counterpick - All Neutral, Great Bay, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom II, Princess Peach's Castle

Teams Banned - Icicle Mountain, Kongo River, Fountain of Dreams, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Story 64

Singles Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Singles Counterpick - All Neutral, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle 64, Mushroom Kingdom II, Princess Peach's Castle

Singles Banned - Icicle Mountain, Kongo River, Great Bay, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Story 64

-Articanus, Drugged Fox, Stalin, Kaddy, 7DS, Toraie (triforce_eternal)​

ss118

Smash Master
Pre-Reg Listings

Nicaboy
SleepyK
Carter
Soft
Prac
Alpha
Bombsoldier(AKA Articanus)
Others god I don't feel like looking on my phone
.______.

bob-charley

Smash Apprentice
Sounds fun. I'll be the first to admit that my Melee game has gotten pretty weak... But the only way to change that is to get out there and practice. I'll be there, as long as I can secure a ride.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll try ro come to this, it alot closer that gigs. So who is offering housing because i need it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lol, Gerbil fails O_o Oh well; just make sure aren't poor forever ;p We wouldn't want a Georgia smasher starving.

ss118

Smash Master
I'll try ro come to this, it alot closer that gigs. So who is offering housing because i need it.
I'll be offering. There's a hotel really close to the venue that we can rent out for a good couple of people: but we need to know ahead of time quite a bit, hence why it's "Limited"

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Ok, but I might be some other people coming with me. How many are u able to house.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
This is REALLY far. If a bunch of people pre-reg, maybe DML will make it.
And if Atlanta or Alabama people can house us one night.
Also Melee is amazing. <3<3<3 for doing this even if I can't go.

ss118

Smash Master
Ok, but I might be some other people coming with me. How many are u able to house.
It's not "how many can we house", it's "how fast can the people who are looking for housing going to post so we can arrange it"

This is REALLY far. If a bunch of people pre-reg, maybe DML will make it.
And if Atlanta or Alabama people can house us one night.
Also Melee is amazing. <3<3<3 for doing this even if I can't go.
Thanks. Brawl will die in about a year

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Well i look on mapquest and the tourney is about 8 hours away(I thought is was 4) from my house and is the week after FAST, so I doubt I'll be going sorry about that, but if some way i do make it ill let u know.

ss118

Smash Master
Hard to understand the sentence omfg really weird no periods but oh well hope to see you there XD

Sorry to hear that Ragnarock, but we'll keep a small spot open for ya'll in case you can come.

Prac352

Smash Lord
I'll be there like shareware.

And DML is welcome to house with me the night before and after if they so choose.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Soft, if Articanus accepts your Money Match, I think that will be $70 he's betting so far XD I think he will probably accept, but by the end of it he'll have bet a whole sh*t load XD. Depending on how I'm feeling, I may also MM a couple people if anyone feels inclined to challenge another Savannah player ;p I don't know if I really wanna do $20 though, possibly... anyone up for one?

ss118

Smash Master
ill probably be coming ss118 $20 mm?
Like Druggy mentioned, I accept. :3

TBH, you'll probably win because of my lack of Jiggly experience, but I can try.

Also glad to see you coming Prac. Especially after all the crazy shenanigans that happened last year we tried this =.=

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Uh-oh... SHOWDOWN. It seems like it'll be a good match =D Do you all wanna do anything about recording? Also, prac wanna MM me? ;p

Toraie

Smash Rookie
GUESS WHAT GUYS I MIGHT BE ENTERING. O:
7DS and I decided that I play as Fox now. I'll still play a bit of Pikachu, but for now, I'mma try and learn Fox. Pretty badass, ain't it?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
TELL ME MORE, l AM EXTREMELY INTERESTED IN YOUR MAIN
lol tong, what a jerk!

My attendance at this is based on 3 criteria:

1. If I have off from work
2. If Waba hasn't switched their monthly tournament to the 26th/27th
3. Everyone who shows will MM me for at least a dollar, if I show up
(Just kidding about #3, but I DO challenge everyone there to at least a 1$ MM if I attend)

So, maybe I'll be there. Its kinda up in the air at the moment.
=/

ss118

Smash Master
wow........

fast1 I can understand, since its date has been known for some time, but for this to be up 3 months beforehand, have 3 different topics, and then waba, a monthly, to be scheduled on this..... it just amazes me.

I'm currently trying my best to get the best turnout, but if people keep it up, it will have the turnout of the last couple ones. T.T

At least Prac and Soft will be there. I hope.....

And FullMetal, I hope you don't expect a 1$ MM outa me. Losing is gonna cost you much more than that. =P

I also have that $30 MM with Chaddd, who will hopefully be attending. Otherwise, I doubt it would ever happen.

Prac352

Smash Lord
wow........

fast1 I can understand, since its date has been known for some time, but for this to be up 3 months beforehand, have 3 different topics, and then waba, a monthly, to be scheduled on this..... it just amazes me.

I'm currently trying my best to get the best turnout, but if people keep it up, it will have the turnout of the last couple ones. T.T

At least Prac and Soft will be there. I hope.....

And FullMetal, I hope you don't expect a 1$ MM outa me. Losing is gonna cost you much more than that. =P

I also have that $30 MM with Chaddd, who will hopefully be attending. Otherwise, I doubt it would ever happen.
Oh SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSNAP!

Toraie

Smash Rookie
;;

I used to suck, and now I'm just going to suck less.

Also, I changed my mind again. Falco, beyotches.

Relevant because I'm cool like that. Ask ss118.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Nicaboy, yeah at this rate there will be a poor turnout... We just have bad luck like that; either that or no one gives a **** =D Also, this thread does need some hype, but there's something about the word Savannah being in the title that repels people from suggesting they may come lol. Well if prac happens to be coming, we have prac and maybe soft I guess... WOOT TWO PEOPLE. If anyone besides soft wants to record, either me or ss118 can get some tapes and there are a couple tvs that actually record, and we could give vids to anyone who can actually get them online. Other than that I don't really know what to say besides... wtf three months in advance? Really ss118? ****....

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol but honestly i want this to be good but i think fast is the week b4 this or during the same week
people are gogin to be broke and savanah(spelling) is not exactly close to alot of us i think

Top Bottom