• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SaugaThread: Now with 50% less S

nickcam

Smash Ace
I'd say we're about the same skill level as Toronto.

Toronto and Mississauga are practically the same thing.

Brampton sucks though.
What the hell is wrong with u. Dont ever spew that blasphemous crap here ever again. Sauga is godlike.

.Marik

is a social misfit
is that a joke? Sauga>toronto any day...for now. Mah boi Decoy is steppin it up, niiiiccee.
Goddamn it I hate showing loyalties to two cities sometimes.

I was born and raised in Toronto, moved when I was 16 to Mississauga after one long, long month in Brampton.

:V

Loops

Smash Apprentice
hey dude, can me and my buddies play a few friendlies with you guys one time.
We've been playing for quite a long time since brawl came out competitively amongst ourselves, please inbox me for a response.

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
We've been playing for quite a long time since brawl came out competitively amongst ourselves, please inbox me for a response.
I'm interested since I am looking for friendlies (offline though) but if it's online I don't mind either lol.

And I am like so hyped for LBT2. It being my first offline tourney I have been awake since 5:30 AM lololol

Loops

Smash Apprentice
offline of course, how does this usually work.
inbox me in details my friends and I will be some good practice i assume, i hate online cause of lag as well.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Sure.

You might want to try tournaments sometime, those are your best bet.

Although vBrawl is gay as hell.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
I think we should get a low-cost venue and host a tourney to build funds for fools wii. $10 venue fee, with $5-7 going into buying fool a wii. With 30-40 entrants it would be able to get it. But that means we'd have to get a venue for 100-150... Just an idea.

But it would definately hafta be called
Sauga Presents: The Filling of Joe 'the fool' Price's Empty Wii Purse

nickcam

Smash Ace
we could do 5 venue 5 towards fools wii which would be perfect. If we 50 people and get $200 towards fools wii we still have enough for venue if we take some of the pot? Anyway we can get that meadowale place again?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Anyway we can get that meadowale place again?
Please!

I live right down the street from the Meadowvale Community Centre, this would be pefect.

I'll only go if Brawl+ is happening, though.

Loops

Smash Apprentice
lol i would try tournaments but unfortunately i'm too lazy to travel to toronto. If there are local ones in mississauga i probably would attend.

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
A fundraiser for Fool's Wii sounds like a awesome idea. I would gladly attend but as how Mikey said, not sure if he wants another Wii.

And btw is the U of York Weeklies the only close weekly event near Sauga? Cmon, there is gotta be some other type of event =/

.decoy

Smash Ace
university of toronto sauga
yo when is reading week for you kids?
is it the same week as family day, or the one after?

tha_carter

Smash Ace
mdv place is way too expensive. Im done midterms so ill look around for something. Probably a party room in an apartment. BUt obviously Duys would be best.

And fool doesnt want a new wii because he's getting mine with ssb64 and Mario kart 64 and super mario rpg.
=D

.Marik

is a social misfit
I see.

Let me know when dates are happening, I'll be there to train my mediocre vBrawl Snake.

nickcam

Smash Ace
University of toronto mississauga. As for brawl + you'd probably be free to bring it, but none of us like it so probably you wont have many people to play it with and if we're short on setups brawl takes priority

.Marik

is a social misfit
University of toronto mississauga. As for brawl + you'd probably be free to bring it, but none of us like it so probably you wont have many people to play it with and if we're short on setups brawl takes priority
True.

You guys should try Brawl+ sometime.

It's much more competitively viable and a lot better.

Plus, texture and stage hacks.

:yoshi:

I don't have Brawl+ on my Wii, vBrawl setup should be fine though.

Will anyone here help me train my Snake?

It's absolute garbage, but it certainly beats playing LV. 9 computers.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
b+ is no different from brawl lol, its played the exact same way. there is not enough shield stun to make it different form brawl and mk is still broken wiht his gimp potential

we will train all u dudes up if u come out, right now we're looking at tuesday, 5-whenever the pub closes, then we can go to a diff building and set up there

.Marik

is a social misfit
Play v6.0, hitstun drastically changes the intricate metagame potential and character viability is a realistic concept.

It's basically perfect in comparision to vBrawl, in other words.

Can Melee happen at this as well?

Tuesday?

Allright, that sounds good.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
not this tues, its reading week, forgot lol

next tues

i played at the tournament, the block stun not enough to have any type of impact on the game, its most beneficial to play as you would play brawl

DiltLOCK

Smash Rookie
most likely Tuesday the 23rd would be good, on that note though Mikey, on tuesdays i can only stay till 6 i gotta drive the GF home at 6 unfortunately and she lives far. On a brighter note, Tuesday is wings day in the pub at UTM so ****!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
brawl+ took out pikachu's godlike jab. How could anybody like that...

If they wanted to make the game any different, they would really change the defensive options. Shield, airdodge and ledgecamping is still pretty broken...

ill come to UTM

Mikey7

Smash Lord
chir - casuals

i have class 4-5 on tues, so my guess would be 5-whenever, dimmy u should just come back to school after u drop her home lol

pub closes tues i think 7 or 9? so we would then have to move and steal another room and play there

just bring tvs and we're good. we will have minimum 2

nickcam

Smash Ace
I'm guessin utm isnt open on reading week.... Im pretty sure i can host a casual at my house some time during the reading week if anyones interested.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Im thinking tuesday right now. If anyone has any objections let me know.

Top Bottom