• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SaugaThread: Now with 50% less S

Tin Man

Smash Hero
so do u guys just pick dates and decide on when to play or is there a staic weekly day that yall play on. (it looks like the former option from what I gather)

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
Awsome thing that casuals are being done in UTM now. Waaaay closer to me than York University lmao.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
wtf, howd you guys let this thread die?

s'up ppl? nick, mikey, danny, fool, hype, ryan, dimmy where yall at

nickcam

Smash Ace
Dam this thread exists. Yo carter you gotta get into that ssf4. Everyone in sauga is playing it now. If u have it come out to one of the casuals... we do play brawl too but only ddd dittos on shadow moses, lol.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
wtf, howd you guys let this thread die?

s'up ppl? nick, mikey, danny, fool, hype, ryan, dimmy where yall at
we just play sf4 and brawl at ryans house now lol

hype shifu still taking brawl seriously, rest of us on a break/gave up on it. ill let u know about when we go to ryans house if ur in sauga now

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Would Hype and Shifu be interested in coming down to Brampton - my place - for Brawl casuals?

It would be irregularly, but not necessarily infrequently.

This is basically an invite to make Sauga casuals into .... Brampton casuals, considering one of the small groups would have to make it out to the other's region, and news that the UTM Casuals thread is dead...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Would Hype and Shifu be interested in coming down to Brampton - my place - for Brawl casuals?

It would be irregularly, but not necessarily infrequently.

This is basically an invite to make Sauga casuals into .... Brampton casuals, considering one of the small groups would have to make it out to the other's region, and news that the UTM Casuals thread is dead...
Yo dude, why do you play this game?

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm not, it's ust that he doesn't even play in tournaments or anything and then post arguments about the game and such. It's annoying.

Pk, just join a tournament and get scrubbed out, how else will you get better under pressure?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
good **** Gi, I like that answer.

He has been to one tourney, but refuses to go to others due to his performance. Lame =/.
You haven't done the research to back this statement.

I've been to as many tournaments as I could by now. It's five or six.

But just playing bracket matches isn't enough for me to learn anything. They're over so fast, and there hasn't been time for friendlies except at two of those events, one of them being Tin Man and Alvin's great one last month.

Even said friendlies aren't against people who talk to me at all. They just play the match. I watch the back and forth, and theory between friendlies of other people, and why doesn't anyone see what I have to offer? Why doesn't anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong; they just win. And they don't win by abusing any habits, no they "just" win, making me wonder if it was close.

Gi, commenting that you're annoyed offhand like that is disrespectful to me. If you have something you want to tell me, please just tell me.
I've already scrubbed out and you know I've scrubbed out. But I've put in as much effort as anyone else. It hasn't amounted because that effort has to just go into playing the game itself.

You just saw: I make my very home open to people who want to play, but I can't get anyone to take me up on it.
You'd think I could whine about how unfair it is, but I just want to keep looking for where my sob story turns around, because I **** want to get better at this game now, please.

And I play this game to get better. I like getting better at things.
Why does anyone do anything? At the end of the day, you got **** you like to do. I like to keep mentally stimulated with this game, from a competitive standpoint.

I wanted to figure out how to play this game. I had to wait a year to have an event that showed me how to figure out how to play this game. And I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but this is just a fact: It wasn't thanks to playing any match against a person.

But now I do know how to think about the game. So now I've got to play people, to learn how to play the game. If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll eventually figure out how to play the game myself too, after having figured out how to figure out how to play the game by myself.
But I'd rather actually spend this time with other people. Hype and Shifu sound to be in a crappy situation like me, although I know Hype is already very good. Don't know who Shifu is.

These people are lucky. I want to get better, I'm trying in every way I can possibly give effort to this, and Gi goes Troll on me, and not even his top tier Trolling like he can do.

Let me play this game, guys. Ffs, what is this game to you? It's so bad to try and have one more guy over at casuals, see what he can do to make your tourney events more lively later, because he'll actually learn something?

SHOW ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO not to be a joke. And this isn't because I was Ganon either. I've showed people other characters. I even fancy Falco and Marth, from LBT1, and still do. Doc showed me, however briefly, a G&W platform trick. Sure it was obvious and I knew it, but thanks Doc.
Show me some ****, yes, take the risk I'll actually win money from you in actually teaching me something, but put one more person in our region who can create a heart-pumping moment like Iliad v Swordgard, or GUARD v Minus.

Looks like I don't really know how to end this post but I'll just ask again: I've got all the time in the world to do what I gotta to excel at this game. Why won't you give me a chance?

Top Bottom