• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Ride

Metal: You're in pretty much the exact opposite direction, between bringing you out there and driving you back is like an extra 50 minutes in the car. You know where I live so you should already know this. :p

Basically, you're only on my way when I go north, e.g. to Combo Food. However, if you just used public transport to get to my house (less than 1 mile away) then I'd be happy to give you a ride anywhere.

EDIT: There's also a good chance that I'm going to the event being setup in the Bay Area Melee Practice thread. So, if you can't get a ride from Sweeper then I again suggest public transport to my house. :)
Let's say I PT to your house and you drive me to the Smashfest, how much money in gas would you charge me? Because like if I PT, I would have money on me, if my mother drives me, I probably wouldn't bring money with me. :shyguy:

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Money

why can't you just decide to bring money with you?
I'll bring money if it comes down to it but usually I don't bring money if I don't need to or I forget to bring money if the situation does not require money. :094: I missed out on dinner at Jon's smashfest because I was the only person who forgot to bring money. :( I also MMed Miles at the Smashfest with no money (he challenged me and allowed me to pay back at GSG in the event that I lost) but I won the MM.

But I'll remember to bring money this time. ;)

vintage

Smash Cadet
Let's say I PT to your house and you drive me to the Smashfest, how much money in gas would you charge me? Because like if I PT, I would have money on me, if my mother drives me, I probably wouldn't bring money with me. :shyguy:
If you don't make me drive out of my way I'm not going to charge you a dime, but if I end up driving you home then I'll charge you a few bucks cause that's like 25-30 minutes of extra driving / gas.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
well this is a social thread... so the standard for posts is pretty low

anyway if ur trying to arrange transportation to a bay area event.... talk about it in that thread, or privately - its much faster that way too

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
why not jus always bring some money with you?
Yeah I need to get in the habit of doing this. :)

If you don't make me drive out of my way I'm not going to charge you a dime, but if I end up driving you home then I'll charge you a few bucks cause that's like 25-30 minutes of extra driving / gas.
So if my mother drives me to your house and then you give me a ride back to your house and then my mother picks me up from your house, then you will charge nothing? :confused:

the goal was to get to page 100!

anyway, always having money with you is a great practice not only in smash, but in life
Yeah, I need to get in the habit of doing this. ;) I can only use up to 40 ppp. Do you need like premium membership or something to use 100 ppp? :confused:

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
dammm yeah

i dont even know their names lol.

prolly gonna play with nick this sunday! (prolly later in the day, unless hes busy)
any santa cruzians in the area??

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I exist in the area. I dunno if/when I'll be free though, I need to go to campus on Sunday and put in 4-6 hours of work.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
joe

on stages you can waveland onto platforms from the ledge
instead of waveland onto platform and run off backair
you should waveland shield drop thru drill grab

i just wanna see that =D

Arashikage

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, (Woo 100 pages!) I wanted to let ppl know that I moved out of town, Joe, Henry, Truman, Miles, Kevin, Sheridan, Nick, Erick, everyone, I'll miss playing smash with all of you guys (seriously, good times). Feel free to hit me up if your in San Diego county. Till then I'll be keep'n it fresh and low tier, working on my techs.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
ooo ****tttttt =O00O0O

nice playing with you last year =\=\

ill make sure to hit you up if im ever down there

@milessssssssssss and shine grab is just something (cool) that zhu does! kinda like his shine turnaround wavedash off backair

wat does that have to do with waveland (onto platform) shield drop drill ->etc.

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Aww, It was fun playing your ness all the time. Make sure you swing by if you are ever back in the area.

On a side note, I've been trying to play fox when I get bored practicing with marth. He's hella fun even though I'm bad with him. Finally learned how to drill-waveshine up smash today.
And doing the ledge hop- Illusion cancel recoveries on FD is super fun :)

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys, (Woo 100 pages!) I wanted to let ppl know that I moved out of town, Joe, Henry, Truman, Miles, Kevin, Sheridan, Nick, Erick, everyone, I'll miss playing smash with all of you guys (seriously, good times). Feel free to hit me up if your in San Diego county. Till then I'll be keep'n it fresh and low tier, working on my techs.
aw. Low tier 4tw. glhf

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is in SC on September 5th, I'm having a birthday party on Western and I would love some smashed smash.

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
oooo

we should start planning our first smashfest then, after campus people move back in...

thats like... september 14ish, right?

so lets plan one for fri 17th? at the community room?

Crowing

Smash Cadet
I'm so down. I"ve been playing all most every day to practice things but now I have to take the next step and apply it to some real players. I'll have a full set up, but it will be really hard for me to bring it to campus unless a room mate loans me his car for the night.

I live kinda far away now.(really nice big house though!!)

Crowing

Smash Cadet
So I saw the announcement for Genesis 2. I was thinking my goal should be to play a bunch this year and get better. I would be happy if I could win one set at the tournament in pools.

Plus it's a 10 minute drive from my home, I have to go.

joeplicate

Smash Master
atta boy, you can DEFINITELY pull that off, especially since santa cruz is gonna be super **** this year!

you could probably even aim to make it out of pools if you put in work :)

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
at first i thought MLIB meant my life is brawl

and i =|'d at you

For the 17th smashfest, joe can you try and get out of towners?

And we shud doublecheck when vince is moving back in and whether he can get the community room or not

Let's aim to get minh and justinmikkuz?? And rally the rest of the ucsc vagrant players. I'm sure my former roommates'll come - phil andrew zack and ALAN MCCUE

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
Eyy so I'm permanently in santa cruz starting Monday

Text me if any of you wanna play 626 246 4401 (please do drop me a text cuz I don't have most of your numbers any more)
I'm free almost any night (henryyy let's playyy)

And shroomed, were you living on campus? When you movin in and which college you stayin at?

Top Bottom