• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Are you holding a Smashfest? What is the zip code? What day are you holding it? :confused:
Yeah, I'd like to know details also, and as for rides, I can't really drive yet so it's a long shot. 99999ft. in HRC to be exact.

/unfunnysmashjokes

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to have <10 people at my house to play smash on Friday (I'm having a bunch of people over who don't play smash). I have one setup so if more people want to come they have to bring their own. It's 95060

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I just added my AIM, normally I don't bother doing that because I keep AIM privacy on to avoid random messages, but I'll take it off so people can add/talk to me in the next couple days

vintage

Smash Cadet
I randomly get messages intended for me from people I don't want to talk to... does that count? :p

@shriek: This starts at 2pm and goes until what time?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've found that of the people not on my buddy list who message me, less than 10% are unwanted (most of them are people i know but haven't talked to on aim)

for everyone else, there's BLOCK

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Ever since I got AIM, all of my messages from people who are not on my buddy list have been wanted messages related to Melee but maybe that is just me. If anyone from SJ is going to this SC smashfest, then let me know on AIM. Thanks. :)

joeplicate

Smash Master
remember, if there's something that you want a lot of people to go to i can still edit the thread title so more people see it :]

vintage

Smash Cadet
i've found that of the people not on my buddy list who message me, less than 10% are unwanted (most of them are people i know but haven't talked to on aim)

for everyone else, there's BLOCK
Valid point. However, when I started auto-blocking people it was because I didn't want to change screen names and the people I blocked would just create new accounts to message me on. This was frustrating and since everyone I knew was already on my buddy list, blocking all non-friends was easier.

Obviously, 10-13 years later the situation is different. I talk to no one on AIM except for people from the melee community and therefore my system is no longer ideal. I'll probably change it when I have some free time. :lick:

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
do you frequently get random messages?
I used to be e-famous, so yes unfortunately. 2pm through... midnight or something, I don't know. People (including me) are gonna be drinking so I probably won't be able to have one of those "stay up all night and play smash" days.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I was #2 at Warcraft III in USA for about 3 years

anyway, if you want to get a hold of me, my number is 6503802909. Let me know if you or you + other people are coming so I have a rough idea how many people are gonna show.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I was #2 at Warcraft III in USA for about 3 years

anyway, if you want to get a hold of me, my number is 6503802909. Let me know if you or you + other people are coming so I have a rough idea how many people are gonna show.
What time is this starting and ending? So the stuff that you are grilling, is it for the Smashers? :confused:

Crowing

Smash Cadet
Yeah but he isn't that good. I beat him on the regular!

jk, I am terrible at wc3.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
not for me. i got sc1 for free. but i still bought sc2 for 5 dollars.

im so cheap.

give me -99 points plz

edit: order canceled by best buy :[

cookiefiend

Smash Rookie
Summer Smash!

Hi everyone, im a student here at UCSC and I'd like to smash sometime cause its too boring here over the summer!

It guess its also my first post so I'll introduce myself?

I'm not pro enough to have a gamer tag so I just go by Phill. :) I started playing February of 2010 and I just completed my freshman year at UCSC. My floor mates were playing some good melee and I just sat there watching. Lame. So until one day I decided to start playing and a floor mate who knows about the lovely smashboards, started teaching me. After about an intense month of losing 24/7, I finally brought out a win. And ever since then, I was just able to beat all of my floor mates, except for the forum lurking teacher of course. >_>

Ever since then, we started developing to develop technical skills. He is still ahead of me with technical skills, knowledge, and passion for the game but I manage to pull of a win once in a while. XD

I actually went up to the community room with my teacher/floormate to smash once, but I didn't formally meet everyone. I played on the tv to the right. Met a few people, but that was it. School kept me from coming back/playing much in general.

So I'm here for both summer sessions and I'd love to smash/get better if anyone is willing to teach. :D PLEASE let me know! I have no internet at my current sublet place and i'm going to be bored to death. I have a set up at my place, but seeing as its my first post, I don't know how much of you are comfortable with a stranger. I'll go to any place to smash or take anyone in if they'd like! :D

Bryan500

Smash Cadet
tl; dr

lol jk

if u can make it all the way to the boardwalk i live right next to it and im off from work tomorrow and Friday so ya.

my # is 831-332-1078, text me and we can work something out.
dont get it twisted tho, im far from great. Im just a guy trying to get better just like u lol.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
cookiefiend, ur taking summer school too? where u live? im down to smash! summers boring for me too. rofl

edit: i think we're all cool with first time posters. im not sure how effective posting on smashboards is gonna be seeing as how you dont have internet, but when you do sign on and see this message, im down to play if you are. i dont have a setup, but if you life relatively close to me, id be down to swing by. to make communicating easier, u can text me at 510-585-8849.

also, any chance your teacher/former floormate is in santa cruz as well? the more smashers, the merrier!

cookiefiend

Smash Rookie
I usually go by Phill for short, but the names Phillip. :D I'm actually being a bad neighbor and "borrowing" internet for the time being. >_>

My floor mate isn't taking summer school so I'm the only smasher I know who is here... but anyway, I live near Chestnut. I'm just subletting for until summer session 2 ends.

I'd rather not post my phone number out but I'll give you a text though!

Bryan said he'd be free to smash tomorrow (Friday), afternoonish. Although, I don't think there's going to be much of a crowd.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm leaving town tomorrow early evening for the weekend unfortunately. Let's play next week, I'm free almost every day.

Pwrfulfish

Smash Rookie
id be down to smash tomorrow too. havent smashed in about a month. getting the shakes. not gonna be picky about who i play.

edit: also im kinda rusty.

edit: and not good

Top Bottom