• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Cruz/UCSC/831 Smash: The Chillest Villains

joeplicate

Smash Master
News

Santa Cruz Smash! Everyone welcome, hella spontaneous smashfests happening weekly.

The Deep:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB492DAF5CB3581C0
i love you guys
the tournament was a super-success, in my eyes
it's been really awesome to see everybody get better, get to know everyone more and more
watching the smash community, and OUR community, mature ;)

let's keep it real!

The Deep 2:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79uT6FjF2PiV0PPu3KXU-C7xpCVGjDI0

Originally I made this thread to see who wanted to play with me and Sheridan some Wednesday night, but it is now the Santa Cruz smash thread. I'll be semi-regularly updating it with upcoming smashfests/events/tournaments that are happening in Santa Cruz. Why? Because I <3 playing smash brothers. Hopefully, we can plan more smashfests here, giving everybody the opportunity to play quality melee.

To Native Santa Cruzians: Our smashfests are usually semi-spontaneous, with a few larger ones getting planned out maybe a bit earlier. We sometimes play in the Science + Engineering Library - Video Game Lab if we want to play on campus. If were down for off campus, we end up going to someone's house - usually near downtown. I recommend you post in this thread and introduce yourselves and exchange contact information with a few other people. (We're all harmless Santa Cruzians, after all.) If we seem unresponsive sometimes, you can try a private message to any of the more frequent posters in our thread. We're all friendly, if a bit lazy at times.

Players
Royal santa cruisers:
TRUMAN CHAN
sheridan zllewllelwelleski
Henry [crowing]
Erick Hu [pwrfulfish]
vince
Dr. Dajuan "MidNite" McDaniel
Colin 'colZdude' Boon
Erik "ERadIKate" Gould
Emille
Nathan Roy
Kevin Toy
Thomas Deeb
Doug Tsui!
Paul
Frank
Zack
Michael "DSM 01"

Santa Cruz veterans (no longer regulars D=)
Alan McCue - <3
Alberto
Jamaican Brian
AKAred kevin
Doped Up - Doc
aaron 'ogsMC'
Philip King
JoeREplicatitionalissitude Clifford
Zack Myers
"NICHOLAS M. WHITTIER"

salinians: michael, jin, johnny, matt, BTZO

Why come to SC?
Cause we ****, nuff said. =D

Santa Cruz is a chill town. Downtown has a lot of cool places, great food (like the Sitar buffet, unlimited indian food for ~8 dollars), and cool people to hang out with 8-). For the most part, we get together at Dajuan's place, Henry's house, and occasionally in the gaming lab in the Science and Engineering Library.

To all you San Jose smashers, if you're sick of the CS room and/or want to get some quality practice with The Deep's finest, the 17 bus is $5 and runs until 9:30 or 10 most days. We'll greet you with open arms and use guest passes on you in the dining halls if you want, and show you a good time.

Anybody else who wants to come down (either through their own means or public transportation), feel free. You can post here and I'll try to get back with information with whatever you need--buses, scheduling, etc. I pretty much know public transit to/from Santa Cruz like the back of my own ****, so I can help you out with that if you post or text/call me.

The Spirit of Santa Cruz - 420 MMs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZKLkugcJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9Jif0c3gQ

My number: 805-990-3776
I always say this because it's always useful. Texts are good, just say who you are because I might not have your number already.

Also, you can call+text Truman for any smash-related plans: 626-246-4401

joeplicate

Smash Master
hahaha ok cool

so what's the plan
brandon are we going to the dorms, how many people do you want over, all that?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i have an early morning meeting tomorrow so i can't play late tonight, and it's not worth your time to come here if i have to boot you out at 11

joeplicate

Smash Master
the problem with santa cruz is that we have a lot of people who play but 2.5 who read the boards

anyway everybody is going to sheridan's tonight

and then we might go somewhere else tomorrow

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I have a friend who goes to Santa Cruz named Billy. Ill tell him about this topic

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
you guys were pretty fun to hang with

i will definately come by again

thanks for the room justin

oh and sheridan i <3 u

and ur fkn too good minh

and rep u eat a lot

-kurtis

MUCUS where you at!!

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
more people need to say santa cruz in this thread, so it shows up higher when people search santa cruz
santa cruz
santa cruz
santa cruz

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh, so that's a chinchilla

the search function on this site is honestly terrible.
I've used it successfully maybe twice in my whole life

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh it's nk's birthday in novato

it's going to be a pretty small thing, though
then going to the SFSU tournament after

and then I'm meeting up with my dad sunday morning to get breakfast!!

hkt.dusk

Smash Cadet
i got No Such text message >=O (ok i did, but not until today)

its ok, we wont be in santa cruz for the summer either =D

Top Bottom