• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I finally tried the habbit. Good burgers but in n out is still the best. Damn good onion rings though.

Miss you guys <3

:phone:

CableCho57

Smash Lord
so I took the effort to name all the players who play regularly, semi-regularly, or have played that i believe are still in sb

me
dante
joey
kadar
rob
andrej
huy
clayton
clayton's friend from norcal
anthony
davidchao
michael
joe
cape
curt
chris
raymond
marty?
kevin
nate
matt (wheres he been?)
jeff
kim
dude i went to high school with that just started coming out (sorry i forgot your name!)
evan?
gino even?

am I forgetting anyone? sorry if i did! and thats 25 people! with only like 5-6 that we havent played with recently. thats like the most sb has ever had!

I feel like there are can be alot of things we can do to have people come more consistently.
rob suggested a weekly tournament with like a 1 dollar entry fee (have pools and bracket so people can play the most possible) and free entry from first timers.

maybe even changing the venue? the street fighter club had a really nice room, and rob mentioned having something like that may even make the club more accessible.

lastly the facebook page. this can probably be best thing to bring NEW players as a lot of people arent too familiar with smashboards (there are 78 people who like the page on facebook!)
and it pains me to say this, but maybe we need a brawl setup. NEW players (ones not familiar with the competitive side of both games) would probably come for brawl. and having one setup of it can be a nice way for them to transition into melee. I might even be willing to play it if means socializing and introducing competitive melee to them.

oh yeah last thing. get active with street fighter community (as well as some of us going to their club on tuesday). it may be easier to encouarge people who already know competitive gaming to play melee (?)

okay i'm freaking tired. going to sleep lol

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
1. **** we need more floaties /wrist

Also I realized at this tournament people should play to get better not to win.
Notgoodenoughyet:urg:

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Two edged sword type **** though. Rather than noting down new tactics or understanding why people are doing certain things. We might only see exactly what they are doing and just go about doing what we normally counter it with.

I'm not saying just be like eh I can't win, cause I hate it when people do that.

Also Anto whats good. You should get irvine to come down to our SB tourney. If we get MACD FLY STAB along with other ranked players who might already go SUNG + WES, we could really have potential for norcal travel and maybe even national.

Kimchi_

Smash Cadet
sup fellas. I'm new to the smash club, and I came out yesterday and met some of the guys. yall should come out and play -- would love to meet and play as many people as I can. step it up SB

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hey cho, i love the idea of the 1$ entry fee tourny thing and also the facebook page

ima jump on a lot of these things if they havent alrdy been done by the end of this week. i have two midterms to study for this week but ima get crackin on a lot of stuff esp the tourny either this weekend or after halloween XD

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Yo SB I'm so hyped for smash right now. My bad I haven't been playing as much recently but I've been busy as heck. But I'm gonna start having big smash fest I think. Hopefully people can bring set ups. I think we should develop an environment conducive to learning/teaching because its not about beating each other, its about going out of town and beating those people =D.
I was talking to Baka recently and he was talking about Dunskies house where Mango, Fly, Lucky, Lovage, Dunskies, Westballz, and Zhu would all regularly play. I think we should try to do the same to get our region really good. Always feel free to ask me questions as long as you've put in a little thought first (no hand outs). And I would love everyones advice as well.

Oracle

Smash Master
well last time we had a projector (even worse >_>) but clayton brought his tv. You could just bring your setup and possibly cho or curt bring another and it would be fine

7:00 in the computer meeting room in HFH (unless for some reason it got cancelled this week)

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Yeah it's pretty much good. I would just add the smashboards URL and maybe simple instruction to get there such as. Regional Zone -> Pacific West -> SB

You could give smashclub some more publicity saying Hosted by smash club in conjunction with blah blah lan party or w/e.

Also maybe advertise a little more like.
Whether you play casually or Competitively blah blah blah.
Interested in improving? Traveling to tournaments?
Also maybe mention that ranked players from the region will be there.
Stuff like that could give some people additional incentive to come.

and why not use the current FB page?

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hmm i dont think any1 would check out the smashboards page honestly, a lot of ppl who know about it dont check it.

and yea it was just a roughdraft but it could def hav more advertisin

also the facebook page was just a thing idk if we alrdy hav one but yea idk if its bttr to hav a facebook page dedicated to the event itself that way its easier for new players or if we should just use the one we hav, just my thoughts.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
im putting more thought into this tourny than i probly should be XD but regardless of what i want it seems like its goin to be melee only :/

if i do run brawl tho we're goin to hav the second room for smash only, more info tba

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Dude dante, how did you get smash debater. You're name color just has an aura of "I demand respect"

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Dude dante, how did you get smash debater. You're name color just has an aura of "I demand respect"
Just go to the Proving Grounds section of the Debate Hall and debate there for awhile, then post in the thread in the "Center Stage" sticky in the Proving grounds, making a case for why you think you should be a debater.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Kevin that looks good. If you need help hanging them up since you don't know the place as well, I'd be down to get some good coverage.

Damn club I wanna go... but.....

DanteFox

Smash Champion
eat a d*** joey lol. You blew us off for partying.

also cho and andrej, I am disappoint. Last year, when David was still around, we'd stay until 2, 3 or even 4 am. Now you're leaving at 10 pm? Laaaaaaaame.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Lol. I blow off school to play so often. How about you? Honestly though there was no way I was gonna be able to play smash.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Yo I'm going to fighting game club today. So if anyone wants to go and bring a tv, that would be awesome.

Top Bottom