• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
We'll I'm at the library already and I'm going from there. But there should be some there and at least one that isn't third party

Also for club this weekend let's start the 1 dollar tournament series. I can bring a set up if someone can drive me. Also I think it's a good opportunity to mess around with tournament styles. Contact everyone you know that isn't active on the boards.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hey guys just two things

1. i prob wont be here this weekend, but if every1 doesnt mind it would be cool if u guys do 2 entry fee, that way half goes to the 19th tourny and the other half will be for winner takes all.

2. i need some1 to print the posters or at least send me to a place where thers color printing (preferably free, but if not oh well)

Oracle

Smash Master
Depending on the showing i'm feeling swiss seeding into a bracket, but if there's enough people i'll do seeded pools into bracket. Also we should stream this and come up with a clever name for our soon to become tournament series. I'm thinking irvine sucks bi weekly or something

curt992

Smash Cadet
That sounds cool guys. I'm glad we're really putting more interest in becoming more active. Is anyone still planning on playing at Huy's place tonight? I'm going to be going up to SLO this weekend so if anyone up there wants to play at my cousins house he says he can probably host later Saturday night.

Oracle

Smash Master
1. My phone's screen is mostly broken so don't expect me to respond to any texts or whatnot.

2. Is anyone going to huy's tonight?

3. Joey can you pm me whatever you texted me? My phone broke before i could read the texts

Oracle

Smash Master
That's all fine and dandy but i no longer have a phone to put it in. Anyone going to huys?

Caleb i want to try streaming the sb tournament saturday and was going to practice at huy's if you could bring your setup, but that's kind of moot of no one comes

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
TiO doesn't work on mac. Other programs i know of require internet, and i dont remember having connection last time?

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm pretty confident i can do a double elim bracket/swiss with a small number of players by hand, so we'll be good. See you guys there

Oracle

Smash Master
SB (biweekly?) 1: Results

1. Dantefox
2. Anthony
3. Kim
4. joejoe22802
5. nt3000
7. cablecho
7, Kadar
8. Mike
9. Matt
10. Chris

~Hu~

Smash Rookie
Hey thanks for having me Saturday. I gave Caleb my number and I'll come by more for sure haha

-Mike

∫unk

Smash Master
"Location: In the imaginary land where brawl is a good game"

Brawl isn't bad >__> the better players are rewarded consistently. It's not as good as Melee but it's not bad.

Project M is amazing I just played it last weekend. Fast DDD o_______o a lot of the WA melee players play and they're so freakin' good with like Charizard and Wolf and other random chars lol

Oracle

Smash Master
I've literally had that as my location since within the first 6 months i've been on these forums. And yes, brawl is bad
compared to most fighting games, especially melee

But that's a matter of opinion, i suppose. I wish i could get my wii back to play project m on :(

Kimchi_

Smash Cadet
We should update the OP, like I discussed with Joey and Caleb yesterday -- with the FB page link, and phone numbers of some more of the members.

Also, some advice:

Don't be afraid to ask for advice and tips. In fact, ALWAYS ask for tips. Doesn't matter if you're better or worse than the people you're playing with, there's always something to learn or another perspective to look at.

Also, to the more experienced players:

Be generous with your advice and help other players grow. Don't be selfish or condescending, or else no one will want to play with you, and be patient with others because change doesn't happen overnight.

That's all.

P.S. I won't be able to play up until Saturday.

Top Bottom