• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Sure, Caleb. :) If the long board actually costs $180 or more, then people will be likely to buy your Wii. If the long board costs less than $180, then people will think you are selling your Wii mainly for profit and not just to get a long board. If the long board in question is actually less than $180 in price, then people won't buy it for $180 since they know you will want to settle for a lower price. It is somewhat like minimum wage. People say that a minimum wage isn't needed because if the boss pays you too little, then you won't want to work for the boss, so the boss gets screwed from not having enough workers. If the worker demands a high salary, then the boss may not hire the worker, so in this case the worker gets screwed. So if people know that the long board you are trying to get costs less than $180, then they won't buy your Wii for $180 since they know you will settle for a lower price. In order to combat this, you would need to lie about the price of the long board obviously. ;)

EDIT: Also if the long board only costs $180, it is better to sell your Wii for $180 since selling it too high will decrease the chances of you being able to sell it.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Supply and demand:

Wikipedia said:
Supply and demand is an economic model of price determination in a market. It concludes that in a competitive market, the unit price for a particular good will vary until it settles at a point where the quantity demanded by consumers (at current price) will equal the quantity supplied by producers (at current price), resulting in an economic equilibrium of price and quantity.
what you just said

Stuff that isnt Supply and Demand said:
Sure, Caleb. If the long board actually costs $180 or more, then people will be likely to buy your Wii. If the long board costs less than $180, then people will think you are selling your Wii mainly for profit and not just to get a long board. If the long board in question is actually less than $180 in price, then people won't buy it for $180 since they know you will want to settle for a lower price. It is somewhat like minimum wage. People say that a minimum wage isn't needed because if the boss pays you too little, then you won't want to work for the boss, so the boss gets screwed from not having enough workers. If the worker demands a high salary, then the boss may not hire the worker, so in this case the worker gets screwed. So if people know that the long board you are trying to get costs less than $180, then they won't buy your Wii for $180 since they know you will settle for a lower price. In order to combat this, you would need to lie about the price of the long board obviously.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Sorry I worded it wrong. It is true that people who are looking to buy won't care how much you profit, but they do care about the overall price. So selling it for $180 when you don't actually need $180 may be unnecessary when you can just sell it for under $180 and still have enough money to buy a long board.

Since selling it for as low as possible will increase your chances of actually selling the item, but selling it too low will also be a bad idea if you won't have enough money to buy the long board.

That's what I meant to say. :embarrass:

Stev

Smash Ace
That is irrelevant. That's like saying I'm selling my extra laptop to buy an iphone. My extra lpatop is worth 800, but since an iphone costs 300, I should only sell for 300.

You should sell it for what it's worth. Besides, what you do with the money you sell it for is your own business. What if Caleb needs the extra 60 bucks for something else? He's selling it to anyone, not just you guys. He's just being courteous and letting you guys know what's up

EDIT: ninja'd while playing a game

DanteFox

Smash Champion
no because it's irrelevant. the current going price (demand) for used wiis should determine the price at which caleb sells his wii (supply). who cares if he's buying a longboard, he could not want to buy anything at all and still sell the wii for what it's worth.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOL at this thread again. ^^^ that makes the most sense.

also dr. awesome, are you in alhambra or sb? just saying, cuz if u were in alhambra, we could smash sometime. :)

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah my home town is Alhambra so Ill be back in the summer. I did play with some of the 626 guys last year so I will for sure hit you up when I'm back.

@Dante

Yeah I got that too but that might be just an official cancellation for the club. David might still let us use the room if anyone is down to play.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also as Daniel have asked regarding the conditions of the Wii and if there are any defects to it, obviously if the Wii is in bad condition, has defects, or both, then the demand for it will lower whereas if the Wii is in good condition and does not have any defects then the demand for the Wii will he higher. We still need Caleb to answer Daniel's question before giving an analysis on the situation. :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
first off
no because it's irrelevant. the current going price (demand) for used wiis should determine the price at which caleb sells his wii (supply). who cares if he's buying a longboard, he could not want to buy anything at all and still sell the wii for what it's worth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMa2PHVD0rA&feature=feedf

second, the wii is in great condition. I used to wii for netflix every once in a while, and few times for wii sports and project m. haha baka are you interested?

and lol at lovage's post. huy's more chill in person I guess. And I'm scared for when you go to a socal tourney huy. I can imagine it now... TO's rigging the bracket

first round in bracket : s2j
first round in loser's bracket : replicate

haters gonna hate LOL

D

Deleted member

Sure, Caleb. :) If the long board actually costs $180 or more, then people will be likely to buy your Wii. If the long board costs less than $180, then people will think you are selling your Wii mainly for profit and not just to get a long board. If the long board in question is actually less than $180 in price, then people won't buy it for $180 since they know you will want to settle for a lower price. It is somewhat like minimum wage. People say that a minimum wage isn't needed because if the boss pays you too little, then you won't want to work for the boss, so the boss gets screwed from not having enough workers. If the worker demands a high salary, then the boss may not hire the worker, so in this case the worker gets screwed. So if people know that the long board you are trying to get costs less than $180, then they won't buy your Wii for $180 since they know you will settle for a lower price. In order to combat this, you would need to lie about the price of the long board obviously. ;)

EDIT: Also if the long board only costs $180, it is better to sell your Wii for $180 since selling it too high will decrease the chances of you being able to sell it.
you should try to sound smart when ur not going to be completely wrong

--

for the record, i don't care about bracket seeding but I hate unfair brackets. DUnno how good MRS is besides the fact he spazzes down smash but if he isn't one of the worst then he shouldn't fight me first round

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Supply and demand says the seller sometimes has to lower his or her price to meet the needs of the customer if the seller really wants to see the item. But we should still wait to see if there are any other customers that are willing to buy it. We also need to take into account how badly Caleb needs the money which will also be a factor since if Caleb doesn't need the money right away, then he can just keep it at $180 (since he doesn't need the money right away).

Also is anyone playing today? :confused:

Stev

Smash Ace
You shouldn't be taking advantage of him Huy. You should ignore the fact that you know him and know his predicament and just take into consideration that he's selling his wii for 180. If not, he could just go on ebay or craigslist and take care of it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I wasn't. I was trying to help him sell his Wii. I'm not even interested in buying the Wii myself. But yeah, I'll stop saying how much he should sell it for, etc. and let him make up his own price as he sees fit. Also we're not playing today or tomorrow anymore. :(

guywhowobbledM2K

Smash Cadet
yeah looks like you were right, what I was referring to was ghosting.

What people mistake for lag on these two types of TVs are ghosting. Ghosting is essentially seeing what used to be on the screen. Say you're Captain Falcon on FD and you run across the stage with a bunny hood. You're moving really fast and the refresh rate of the LCD or Plasma can't keep up with him (lol). It will almost look like a trail of Falcons is running behind him, kind of like in old cartoons when Sonic would run around. This is all thanks to response time, which barely has an effect on lag, and is more for ghosting.

Top Bottom