• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
What is your amount? :confused: How about let's do European style like a hyped Grand Finals and make it best of 7? IMHO, since Melee always has more set ups than Brawl and the Melee matches end sooner than Brawl, quarter finals to grand finals should be best of 7 with 3rd round pools be best of 5. If we have enough set ups at the next LAN Party, I was thinking round robin best of 7 for singles and doubles.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
So are you trying to say you want our set to be best of 7 and for our tournaments to be best of 3 for everything except for finals best of 5 or are you trying to say you want our set to be best of 5 with for our tournaments to be best of 3 for everything except for finals best of 5? :confused: You are unclear. Also I don't understand your logic behind MMing people you played before but not people you never played. I would rather do the other way around.

Also Kevin, are you going to USC this year? I remember you wearing a USC hat at the tournament.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I "don't learn from my mistakes" because if I were to just avoid fod I'd never get better on that stage.
Same with the fox/peach matchup.

also you can fox ditto me if you want. I already stated that I would go all fox on you next time in tourney, so do what you want. :]

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
You don't have to be good with multiple characters on every legal stage to be "good." Axe got 2-3 stocked in a crew battle against a :shiek: where Mango was the captain (I think it was at Genesis) so he learned from his mistake and CPed :falco: when DaJuan CPed :shiek: Mango even told him to go :falco: but he went :pikachu: at the crew battle. Realizing that he was wrong for not listening to Mango, he decided to go :falco: against DaJuan's :shiek: and thus won CGC. I never spoke to Axe before, but that is what I infer. Axe didn't have to learn the :pikachu: vs. :shiek: match up since the easier way would have been to use :falco: which he did.

Going all :fox: sounds more logical than not banning Fountain of Dreams because the former helps you learn the match up better. The only reason I can come up with why you should play a person on Fountain of Dreams would be due to them maining more than one character.

For example, you are playing against an unknown person in grand finals and you want to win the tournament. You have only seen him with :peach: but then he decides to use :falcon: when you banned Fountain of Dreams. :falcon: is actually bad on Fountain of Dreams (Scar and PewPewU actually banned Fountain of Dreams against my :peach: ) In this example, trying to be good with not banning Fountain of Dreams is actually logical.

But with my example, you know for a fact my :falcon: is not yet tournament ready in singles (well at least not until you fix my controllers) :colorful:

If you want to practice on Fountain of Dreams, at the next smashfest we can play on Fountain of Dreams for 10 matches in a row if you want, I just don't think it is wise to risk getting practice in a tournament when you can do that in friendlies instead. I'm eating dinner at the dining commons now and I will probably be studying and then be back to SWF at around 11:30 or so.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Fun matches today with Caleb and Dante.

Caleb.... dude your falco is sick. It definitely flows really well. I think you just need to be more aggressive with the cookie cutter combos since those rack up damage at low percentage.

Dante nice playing you for the first time. You have really good tech skill im way impressed. cant wait to play again. crt? lol

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hahaha, but nah it mainly depends on if i figure out what i want to do, if not then sb is def my fav choice right now bc thr are a lot more ppl at sb i would want to hang out with <3

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I have a TV and the Manzanita Res halls also have good TVs. If ppl bring two wiis here (I live at Camuesa house), there will be two setups for Smash that we can all enjoy. I mean that's kinda what we did last week, and I think it was fun.

My phone is 310-561-6799.

Top Bottom