• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
In case Dante has a performance during the LAN Party, who wants to run the tournament in his spot? In case this happens, who wants to team with me? I main :peach: Also another viable venue we can play in is Janet's house. She doesn't play, but she can let us in and use her floor's CRT TV. She said we can play today. The first Smash club meeting is on 10-16-10 in the LPC.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
A smashfest with 4 people > no smashfest at all.
yeah for you. You guaranteed yourself a spot when you made the list. For the rest of us, it sucks. Have fun excluding people though!

Also regarding team grab kills at SB, I can't do it by myself. I would need a teammate to do it hence the phrase "team grab kill." I simply asserted that I was the only person at SB (so far) that intuitively goes for team grab kills instinctively without being reminded
Everyone knows that it's an option, so all you're really saying is "I'm the only one in sb that goes for it as soon as it comes down to a 2 vs. 1 situation, no matter the circumstance." Of course we already knew that.
(we'll have to see in tournament for the first two though). Also you don't have to feel bounded by your words though. I won't hold it against you if you decide you need to use :jigglypuff: to win (which you should IMHO)
Thanks for the advice but i already know that my puff can beat you. :D

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Putting yourself on the waiting list is a viable option rather than just giving up and say, "I have no chance of getting into the list so I won't waste 20 seconds of my life typing my name under the waiting list section." As it turns out, Caleb and Joey wanted to be removed from the waiting list and David didn't show up, and Frank was willing to not play for that day to free up another spot meaning you would have had a spot. I wasn't excluding people as it wasn't my smashfest.

Replace "no matter the circumstance" with "as soon as it becomes a viable and safe option" and you will have my mindset correct. I wouldn't immediately go for a grab or tell my partner to go for a grab if we're fighting a :fox: at the ledge, a :jigglypuff: when the one doing the grabbing is a :shiek: You assume I will go for a team grab finishing kill "no matter the circumstance" when I gave you to scenarios.

In fact, as soon as I get back from breakfast, I plan to help the SB community by posting on when to go for a team wobble and when not to go for a team grab finishing kill in a 2 vs. 1 scenario.

On a side note, there is no limit on the number of people that can go to Janet's smashfest since her venue is the same as Anthony's and David's. The only thing I need to find out is if her venue is the same as Anthony's or David's.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The smashfest is today at Janet's. I'll get the time / address. If I don't post time / address, just assume that there is no smashfest. Also who can bring set ups?

When you should not go for a team wobble or a team grab finishing kill in a 2 vs. 1:

1. You are fighting a :fox: at the ledge.
2. You are fighting a :peach: at the ledge. I made a 4 stock comeback in a team friendly against a former NCPR smasher and his partner who beats me in singles 90% of the time by camping against the ledge with :peach: against :fox: :falco: I've seen Armada made a 2 vs. 1 comeback against Falcomist / Phil by doing this but his was a different variant from mine.
3. You are fighting a :jigglypuff: and you and your teammate are using :peach: :shiek: The :jigglypuff: can bait the :shiek: into a rest by ducking and resting out of a short hop. At best, :peach: can turnip into a sweet spot up smash.
4. When you are using two space animals. There is no need to go for a grab kill here. Just laser until you get a kill %. If you need to set up a grab, the :falco: should laser until the opponent shields or gets stunned and the :fox: should grab and the :falco: should perform a well spaced forward smash.
5. :samus: and :link: should do the kill / wobble and let his teammate do the grab.

Here is all of the ones I can think off the top of my head, but I will post more if I remember. Also if anyone has anymore scenarios, then post.

Inventory for Smash Club:
Amanda / Rebecca: 4 GC controllers, 4 N64 controllers, Melee disc, N64 cartridge, N64 system, GC
Dante: full set up for Melee
Anthony / David / John: 3 CRT TVs

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I want to MM Joey too as long as the rule set is fair, the amount is reasonable, there is a CRT TV that does not lag, etc. My CRT TV lags for some reason. :( How will you get there and how long would it take you to get there Dante? Also do you want to make the thread for the LAN Party tournament now? Who wants to help run the LAN Party and team up with me in case Dante has a recital / performance / etc.?

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I want to MM Joey too as long as the rule set is fair, the amount is reasonable, there is a CRT TV that does not lag, etc. My CRT TV lags for some reason. :( How will you get there and how long would it take you to get there Dante? Also do you want to make the thread for the LAN Party tournament now? Who wants to help run the LAN Party and team up with me in case Dante has a recital / performance / etc.?
that all depends on the critical info which you have yet to give us.

I'll make the lan party thread later.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
aaaaaaaaaaaand this is why I didn't want huy to take control of the thread.

He's terrible at giving important information and posts way too much unimportant information.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The last LAN Party you advertised attracted few players since you only advertised 9 days in advance. Who wants to help run the LAN Party and team up with me in case Dante has a recital / performance / etc.? I main :peach:

This time we actually have a choice where to play. Here are the choices:

Anthony's
David's
Janet's
Joel's
Frank's

I'll be keeping track of the votes. Also how are the controllers fixing going? Should I ask other people for back up to help fix them in case you cannot fix them?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Anthony's
David's: Caleb :)
Janet's
Joel's
Frank's

The last LAN Party you advertised attracted few players since you only advertised 9 days in advance. Who wants to help run the LAN Party and team up with me in case Dante has a recital / performance / etc.? I main :peach:

I'll be keeping track of the votes. Also how are the controllers fixing going? Should I ask other people for back up to help fix them in case you cannot fix them?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
The word "agree" actually only has one "g." Who has a laptop we can use for TIO?

Anthony's
David's: Caleb
Janet's
Joel's
Frank's

Also who wants to team up with me for the RHA tournament?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Sure. I PMed it to you.

The word "agree" actually only has one "g." Who has a laptop we can use for TIO?

Anthony's
Janet's
Joel's
Frank's

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Maybe it didn't go through. I'll PM it to you again.

For tomorrow:

Anthony's
Janet's
Joel's
Frank's

Also Caleb has not accepted my friend request on SWF yet. I've been friend requesting him on SWF for years. I asked him to accept my friend request on SWF but then he signed off. :crying:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My labtop can use TIO. And ppl can come by today for Smash if they need a place to get set up. I'm probably not playing though, and remember I have a spare TV, but no wii.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I can stop by. Does Dante need a controller? Also Caleb has not accepted my friend request on SWF yet. I've been friend requesting him on SWF for years. I asked him to accept my friend request on SWF but then he signed off. :crying:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's always great seeing you guys. I feel good when I think I'm making progress at Melee. =)

Top Bottom