• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I've come to the conclusion that SB will never beat SLO in a crew battle unless Andrej joins our crew with Will taken out and wobbling legal. :)

Also Jun, you use your index finger in Melee? I never use my index finger in Melee. :confused:

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah I always claw so I get the most aerial movement off my jump (like lets say on a retreating f-air... you can't do a perfect retreating f-air without clawing or godly thumbs)... in melee it's even more practical cause I don't need a fast/overworking thumb I have access to all the buttons so it's just a matter of timing.

but my index gets really tired since I'm using the side of my index... i don't know in brawl i wasn't used to it at first so maybe if i train enough it'll be fine.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Something about SLO vs SB crews? Someone needs to help Anthony and me get in on those!

I'm getting steadily better at Melee. Over Thanksgiving break I practiced a ton of tech skill tricks, and I of course tried to improve my Jiggs. I'm pretty confident that if I drop Brawl competitively for a bit (as in not entering BOTH Brawl and Melee at the same time at the same tournament), I'll be doing SB justice in tournament.

If I go up against Warpstatus, I'm calling my victory against him in crews or singles now. My Ganon > his Peach. =)

Andymosity, I'm eager to play your Samus again someday.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
you better be good crackle. lot of talk from you
I was liking your Samus when I saw it in tournament. Most fun to watch :]

I play Brawl but I'm getting into Melee and improving rapidly. I'd love to friendly or money match you sometime though :D, anyone who reps Samus for longer than a short period of time is cool in my book.

Also, Anthony and David probably are better than some of SB Melee. My honest ratings of players in SB would probably have crews populated by Joe (Ganon), Dante (Fox), Huy (Peach) and David M. (Falco) OR Anthony (Falcon), but runners up directly below would be David (when he picks up a high tier) and I. This is strictly from an ability to read/mindgame/keep up perspective though, and I'm sure singles matches can go in anyone's favor based on certain other lacks (patience, matchups, methods, strengths in terms of zoning).
Whoever SB & SLO sent in first for the crews didn't seem up to par, but it probably was pressure.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I think it'd be a good idea. Where else do I get to MM a good Samus and learn what should be an easy matchup for me.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I lost to Andy twice in a tournament set with my :sheik: Just play friendlies with him. Also does Jun have an extra space for me for WGF? I can split gas money but I can imagine he has Jun, John, Erik, Tina, and Bright in his car. :)

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
You have to show me that Sheik, I can't imagine your style working for that character.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
as much as it pains me to say it in light of his predictable (yet somehow hard to avoid) b-move spamming, anthony does have an incredible knack for comboing, and he does present a formidable challenge. too bad he didn't show up at the tournament for more than 15 minutes.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Agreed :], everything about that post is true.

That sideB he does everytime he overshoots his nair is pretty damn formidable.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Caleb, what if I $5 MMed your Samus with my Ganon/Mario?

I plan on surpassing Helmet and Cape as the best Ganon and Mario at SB respectively. I think I can make that happen with my current tech skill and knowledge of the game.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Need a little bit more melee in my life

Our best team for crews would be Dante, Huy, Anthony, and me. The fifth would go to David, Cho, or Cape.

Cape with enough practice I think has the competitive edge, but has too much experience against ganon and falcon and no one else.

Cho is too nice, needs to find that killer instinct :)

David is very solid

If kevin was here it would be nice to have a Marth player :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Is there anyone here who would for sure for to ACT over WGF even if they have a confirmed ride / housing for WGF? I'm thinking about telling AC to cancel the ACT without cancelling their entire welcome event in the process. :confused:

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
Need a little bit more melee in my life

Our best team for crews would be Dante, Huy, Anthony, and me. The fifth would go to David, Cho, or Cape.

Cape with enough practice I think has the competitive edge, but has too much experience against ganon and falcon and no one else.

Cho is too nice, needs to find that killer instinct :)

David is very solid

If kevin was here it would be nice to have a Marth player :)
Could I be on the crew? XD

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Again I doubt any melee ppl are going to wgf huy lol
I'm down for the anime thing tournament

and Joe that's what I said! For the fifth spot we could do like a one match round robin.
But if Joey was active he prob would take the last spot

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I actually know someone else outside of SB that is going to WGF for Melee that will pass SB. The only thing is if I'm the only person in his car, he will charge me 100% of the gas cost, so I need more money to split gas with me. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
if you already have a ride set up, i'll go with you huy. No guarantees but i would like to go. Tho at this moment i'm much more interested in getting a ride for dgdtj since that's coming up soon.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Slo is solid with sheen, andy and gish but i dont think they our hands down better than SB.

I feel good playing against sheen and andy, but havent played gish in a bit. he tooled me in teams at GSG, but i blame ryan for being bad. It would be fun to actually get a full attendance of slo and sb smashers for a melee tourny... some day.

im interested in going to the DGDTJ but id need some serious melee training. Its a not a trip id like to make and get utterly pummeled.

But i have considered it, its a nice venue and there will probably be of loads of good players. So it would be worth a trip.... still idk yet

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
you guys should wait on speculating crews until a day closer to the next tourney. your worst player may become your best, or vice-versa. just sayin

SLO, on the other hand, is merely going to send chris on a one-man mission to **** all of you with his gayass kirby

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Slo is solid with sheen, andy and gish but i dont think they our hands down better than SB.

I feel good playing against sheen and andy, but havent played gish in a bit. he tooled me in teams at GSG, but i blame ryan for being bad. It would be fun to actually get a full attendance of slo and sb smashers for a melee tourny... some day.

im interested in going to the DGDTJ but id need some serious melee training. Its a not a trip id like to make and get utterly pummeled.

But i have considered it, its a nice venue and there will probably be of loads of good players. So it would be worth a trip.... still idk yet
hey if you do end up going to dgdtj, would you like to team with me? We did pretty well when we teamed at the ranbat and more recently when we did teams friendlies against anthony and david at smashclub. I think we could do surprisingly well with some more training as you said. Also if you do go do you think i could hitch a ride with you? I'll pay my share of the gas costs of course.

Master_Helmet

Smash Apprentice
Yea that sounds cool. Still just thinking about it though. I would also have a place where we could crash.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Joe! If you do end up doing to dgdtj can I hitch ride too? I plan on going there (visiting my sister also) and pitching in gas with you guys would be much cheaper than a greyhound bus Ticket for me =) not to mention the ride would be less boring with you peeps than a freaking lonely bus ride

Top Bottom