• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Santa Barbara / San Luis Obispo Smash: Smash Club this Tuesday at HFH @ 8 pm

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I also agree. :) Tafokints is actually looking at our thread right now. He is a very good NorCal :sheik: main. I'm also confused as to why David went :falcon: and not :falco: in the crew battle. Happy Thanksgiving Jun and Daniel (if you see this message).

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah I was actually wondering too when I was watching the crew battles.
Next time I think sb should rep with Dante, huy, helmet, Anthony and if a fifth is needed the rest of us should one match round robin for it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Regarding the controllers, I also forgot to mention that the joystick for both controllers seem detached. I'm not sure how to describe this but if you play with it, you will see what I mean. It seems like the rubber is not attached to the stick properly. I'm not sure how to put this. :(

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Watched the vids:

Stev and Jeff: Random offense, that's not melee
Dante and Andy: Good ****, Dante got a little confused with trying to gimp Samus, Andy couldn't quite place those charged shots
Huy and Sheen: Huy might as well be a counterpick to Sheen for Sheen's habit to dashdance nair even if it's a complete miss and Huy's habit to defend himself at all costs from random attacks
Warp and David: David you need more spacing Nair than charging in for the grab. Peach is hardly ever on the ground you shouldn't be that dependent on grab. Warp...honestly good ****. I was surprised.

Boo to SLO for winning with two bad foxes.

∫unk

Smash Master
SB isn't losing the next crew battle >:0

edit: yeah I'm going to WGF. You guys should go to.

thanks cablecho. I'm not that good though I'm unranked :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Seriously though I feel like if sb had it's five BEST players in the crew, we would **** slo.
But no johns, we'll have to wait till next time

and heck you guys didn't have gishnak and you guys still beat us
(warps peach was mad good btw)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
SB isn't losing the next crew battle >:0
You will if Me/Brian ever go again.

I'll pick some random *** character you have no idea how to fight and take like, 18 stocks or Brian will go Angry Fox and take like however many stocks you guys have until you put in a Peach main or something and then he'll try and play Falcon or something and be all flashy and lose.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
StopNstart, the person who let HMW used his car for the driver's license test just looked at our thread. :) Also if anyone wants to give me a ride to WGF, I will split gas money with them. Just name your price for the round trip. :)

∫unk

Smash Master
lol mrs stop callin ppl out as they come by to check us out it probably creeps them out

pink, our bodies will be ready for SLO at the next crew battle

and lol at "using random bad characters to try and beat us"

if we're good enough we should be able to overcome matchups despite inexperience by outreading and watching like 1 video of every character you play piloted by better players.

i'm a brawl noob though don't mind me :)

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Well I'm not 100% sure if I'm going and if I do I might not enter doubles because of money issues and the fact doubles and singles are on two separate days.

But if i do enter doubles then heck yes I'll team with =)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Wrong. Doubles and Singles are not on separate days. Also I remembered that Pink Reaper was going to team with me if $heen didn't go and our team name would be "You walked right into my trap card," but $heen is probably going so I may team with Dante since he was the second person to ask me but he probably won't make it to DGDTJ so you can be my 4th back up since a person from NorCal who is really good asked to team with me in August. He was formerly ranked. Actually I don't know if I am going to enter teams or not. Also if I get a full discount for bringing a system along with my friend's second TV, I will let you use my fan for the $5 discount. :)

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
@huy: about what i did to improve, i just started making a few things a habit: never look at my character while playing, practice a little bit of tech skill everyday, spacing and strategies vs. specific match-ups.
nothing really too complicated, i guess i just got a lot smarter as a player.

edit: SLO is winning the next crew battle :p

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Oh I see. I might do that too. Also are you going to DGDTJ? :)

Also Caleb, the reason why Jason is doing doubles + singles pools on one day and doubles + singles brackets in the next day is because too many people didn't go to the next day after losing in pools in the first day and he wants everyone to enjoy 2 good days of Melee.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
WGF is looking mighty tasty....I was planning on that **** before you guys brought it up but I didn't realize the acronym.

Then again, I'm thinking about staying and running Melee for SB. I'm liking the game a lot now.
To be honest, watching videos, SB and SLO had players I could have easily 2+ stocked. No idea how people chose the players for crew battles (popular choice or friends).

Top Bottom