• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
This tourney was alot of fun. It was the first big tournament I entered along with my freinds. This tournament was a whole huge step bigger than Artifex which I went to twice, so this was my third tournament.

Met cool people. I was impressed by the skill of alot of the people there (gimpy's bowser is even more awesome seeing it in person!, mangos jigglypuff is amazing, mike haze, lucky, zelgadis, zhu, rick, azn lep, bone, etc)

I'm going to be determined to get as good as these guys are with melee at Brawl :p

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Eh, having fun is on my to do list i have mental blockades that hold me down when I play, Tourney or otherwise. It leaves me kind of emotionally drained and such as i expect myself to play consistent to my top performance and i never do. When i play its less of a fight against my opponent and more one with myself. Playing Bowser helps a little as i have less expectation to win. But thats why i might come off as tense or how ever i do. Last match was where i started to break it and have fun but didn't go for to long.. *sigh* Kind of depressed don't really understand why.

Eh, I'm ranting/venting. I really need to stop doing that on boards...

I did have fun with the one match with gimpy (fox's f-tilt > Universe)

Awex

Smash Lord
Probably didn't know who you were. I'm not sure either, and I was with Nicktendo almost all day. No one introduced us though. ;p

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Not important, not skilled enough to waste your time trying to recognize. (About me not you just to clarify so i don't sound rude.)

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
This tourney was definitely a great experience for me even if my tech skills were off during the singles bracket :( But still, I did ok and managed to hang in there until I was knocked off by Gimpy :p (I'll get my revenge Gimpy!!!).

Bone - I loved all the Peach dittos we've had and I learned a lot from watching you play. I hope I could learn more from you as time goes on :)
BTW, your doubles match with Edrees against Hugs and Zelgadis was intense. I have a soar throat from cheering your team on. By far one of my favorite matches in the entire tourney.

Blitz - It was fun hanging out and talking while the tourney was going on. The money matches we've had were great. All the training from Futile's Falcon helped me out. So don't get the wrong idea about your Falcon. It still ***** :) I'll be happy to challenge you to a rematch anytime!

Gimpy - Our pool matches were intense! Your Bowser is something else. My tech skill was off during our singles bracket so I wasn't able to perform as well as I did in our pool matches. And I was sooooo close both times. Too bad I didn't take it to a third match like I did in the pools. But no johns, your victory both times was awesome. I will get my revenge!!!! :p

Mango - Stop splitting and play out the match like you did in this tourney! I don't know about you but it's fun watching your Puff take on Hugs' Samus in the finals. It's insane! And I also have a soar throat from cheering you on :p
Mango FTW!!!

Hugs - I think the more you play Mango, the more closer you get to beating him. So stop splitting and play the matches out. It's freakin intense!

St. Patrick - You beat Zelgadis... Holy F*cking ****! And you won both your sets. Dude, your Ganon is too good. I'm glad I didn't face you in the tourney. Considering the way I was doing, you would have four stocked my helpless Peach :p

Zhu - You freakin ****. And your Falco is too good. Your comebacks during the finals was awesome! It left me speechless. I really enjoyed talking to you. Your a good competitor with great sportsmanship. Too bad you live in NorCAL. I probably wont see you often. Hope you come down to SoCAL for more tourneys like this.

There are more people I'd like to send a shout out too but the list will just go on and on. And so many people performed exceptionally well in this tourney (Kira, St. P, Zhu, etc.). Well anyway, a fun tourney indeed and a good experience altogether. I just hope they continue to host tourneys like this for Melee even after the release of Brawl.

araknophobik

Smash Master
im a believer of jtb after seeing him play bone
he was resting him like crazy and i was in the back screaming "you see what you made him do? you see what happens when you unleash the WARRIORRRR" and gimpy was dying

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
How could I forget Hugs aswell.. his Samus is amazing!

Yeah patrick I guess I just never saw you play/knew who you were. Sorry. You beat zelgadis so I don't doubt your skills or anything. :laugh:

Awex

Smash Lord
SAN DIEGO WHY ARE ALL OF YOU SO NICE

capslocklulz
We just are. You are too. =)

I'm glad there's so little elitism from top players in smash. Very relieving when compared to other games. I'm so glad I got to meet everyone, and hope we all stay in contact. <3

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Ya, The entire community is really nice from my experiences so far. People don't put you down usually, I hear compliments and jokes most often.

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
Everybodies so nice, but not during the game. That is when SD is known for ******. Rapest: Bone, AznLep, Saint Patric, The BOSS, Rick, and many others. Better cover up.

Katz

Smash Rookie
Even though sleep was hard to come by, I had a fantastic time through and through. Thanks to everyone (especially you, Seige, for offering to give Kyubi and I rides to and from the event!) for everything they contributed that helped make this a success. It was so nice to see so many people that I recognized, too. Keep on kicking colossal amounts of ***, guys.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
to be not nice is not san diego. this tourney looks amazing. i wish i could have gone... :(

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
I was so /tired that I forgot to post x_x

Too fun as usual, learned so much from getting pwnt at pools and friendlies. Not to mention doubles and singles finals where amazing.

More tourney plz! xD

Rickety

Peace and Love
Azn_Lep accidently used the same tio file from the last triweekly in the lodge to do the Ballroom tournament last week, and as a result, anyone who attended the last triweekly at the lodge (or the Ballroom, for that matter) is encouraged to go back on tia and confirm that they attended it. Thank you very much! It will help with the SoCal and SD lists :]

Don't worry Pat, we still love you! <3

<3
rick(ety)

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Grats to everyone that went to the ballroom, especially Pat. Nice job.

On a side note, i teared up when i saw the brawl update.

D:

Top Bottom