• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

$BONE$

Smash Ace
hey guys.

THERES A TEAM HARMONY + SD MEETING TOMARROW NIGHT ON AIM, it'll be between 8 and whenever. PLEASE EVERYONE BE ON. I HAVE IMPORANT THINGS TO DISCUSS ABOUT THIS COMMING BALLROOM TOURNAMENT. this is everyone from south 619 in between 858, including giza. this is about finishing the brilliant montage i started last year and a couple other things including RESPECT. which i know we all have here. stay classy.

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
Anyone local wants to smash today or tomorrow? I got to grind on some homework but i got time for smash for a day. :cool:

And...who's invited to the aim "chat".

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
okay...

so pretty much its raining out real hard right now and i hate rainl. umm i want to have a tourney tomorrow but i'm not sure if there will even be the slightest turnout ya know? if i get 20 peeps saying they will come i'll host it. let me know!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
No Tournament Tomorrow

Don't come to my house. st. patrick and i are discussing a smashfest at his pad so stay tunned whores.

bone, i'm going on the norcal trip!!! now we can trash talk to all of norcal and rep sd together g. kira said u guys were going to team, but now that i'm going i have to steal him from you! don't hate me

Yloh

Smash Apprentice
A Tri-Weekley at UCSD, sweet! I'll make plans on comming to this. Things are going to be peachy! Well not really, but lets do this. Add one TV and Cube to the list, courtesy of me.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Doodles vs DA Dave - 8 minutes of camp camp camp.

What happens in tournament if time runs out in a match and both players have the same amount of percent?
Romeo is silly. In the event that time runs out, the tie will be broken by lives. If lives are tied, it will be broken by percent. If the percent is tied, then, and only then, will Sudden Death be used to determine the winner of that game.

I never see matches last that long though. Well, unless that match has Doodles or Bone in it ;)

<3
rick(ety)

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Romeo is silly. In the event that time runs out, the tie will be broken by lives. If lives are tied, it will be broken by percent. If the percent is tied, then, and only then, will Sudden Death be used to determine the winner of that game.

I never see matches last that long though. Well, unless that match has Doodles or Bone in it ;)

<3
rick(ety)
lol, yeah I didn't know that.

Now I do. =p

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
University of California: San Diego
9500 Gliman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92092

Directions:

- South Bound -
I-5 South
Exit La Jolla Village Drive
Right on La Jolla Village Drive
Right on Villa La Jolla Drive
Opt. (Right on Gilman Drive)

- North Bound -
I-5 North
Exit La Jolla Village Drive
Left on La Jolla Village Drive
Right on Villa La Jolla Drive
Opt. (Right on Gilman Drive)

Map:

If you park in the Gilman Parking Structure, expect a bit of a walk [1/4 a mile or so]
I recommend that you park in lot 406 near the east side. Then it's just a short walk north along a sidewalk through the Sixth College Apartments. You'll come up right behind the Lodge.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace

<3
rick(ety)
Yeah, underlined is what I meant. Wow. I didn't think that would actually be used ever. I want to see a match where that happens, and then Bob-ombs start falling at 20 seconds.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Ricktastic Replies.

First Post has been updated!
Please Check!

thats ****ed up :(
Aw, I'm sorry Romeo :(
Come to UCSD! This Saturday!

Wait, so... where is the Triweekly? <_<
See First Post! :]

lol, yeah I didn't know that.
Now I do. =p
I've never seen someone run at the clock in a tournament match. But when you have Doodles vs DADave, I guess anything is possible! <3

University of California: San Diego Triweekly Info...
Thanks Pat! Any idea on what the pot will be? Can you check the first page and look for anything that might need some fixin' ? :]

So this is in the same room/area/place it used to be?
Yup yup yup :]

<3
rick(ety)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
have fun this weekend guys, i'll be repping SD in NORCAL!

rick... my laptop works again, how do i upload those tio files?

The Game II

Smash Champion
Since I'm going to SD for another story, I'm going to commit myself to this tournament. So if you're not going to NorCal, please go to this tournament so I have something to report about. thanks.

--GCII

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Larry, I think only San Diego is going to this, so who from/near the 818 San Fernando Valleyis not going to NorCal that's going to San Diego able to give me and DEHF a ride?

Very unlikely.. :(

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
A couple of tournament questions:

At what point in the tournament normally does it go to "best 3 of 5?"

and...

In a serious tournament, are you allowed to pause? Suppose, for example, you've used your air dodge way up and a bit off the edge in Yoshi Story. You could make it back to the stage, but will likely be punished or KO'd if you even come close enough to attempt to grab the ledge. You wonder, "Maybe the cloud is below me and can provide for a less vulnerable landing." Would there be some kind of penalty if the player paused, and manipulated the camera to check?
There's other applications too. Suppose Sheik is making a recovery. She uses her upB, and explodes a bit out from and above the ledge. What would happen if you ascertained her position by pausing and pressing R, then followed through to punish her?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
1. I believe that the Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals are 3 out of 5.

2. No. That would result in a forfeit of the match, I believe. In fact, I think that's a big part of the reason pausing isn't allowed.

Now, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be forced to forfeit the match if for example we were on different sides of the stage and I paused because my cell went off or I got punched in the face or something.

If it's harmless and for an outside-of-game reason, I wouldn't kill you. But don't do it unless you absolutely have to.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Larry, I think only San Diego is going to this, so who from/near the 818 San Fernando Valleyis not going to NorCal that's going to San Diego able to give me and DEHF a ride?

Very unlikely.. :(
I know that... but I wanna gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Top Bottom