• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
hey, quick question

in the rules linked in the first post it says

"WOBBLING is BANNED at the BOSSY BIWEEKLIES. NO EXCEPTIONS."

Does this mean that you're going to be handicapping Ice Climbers players at the triweekly too, or are legitimate techniques only banned at the bossy biweeklies?

just wondering

see you guys saturday i think
I think we're using the rule where you can choose for wobbling to be banned at the beginning of the match. If you fail to specify whether you want it banned at the beginning of the match, the IC player can use Wobbling for the remainder of the set.

At least, that's I think we should do >>

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Does this mean that you're going to be handicapping Ice Climbers players at the triweekly too, or are legitimate techniques only banned at the bossy biweeklies?
"The Wobbles Compromise (UCSD Triweeklies)-
The use of the IC Infinite otherwise known as "Wobbles" is banned only at the request of the opponent. If the opponent fails declare the technique as banned before the match begins, the IC player may use it for the remainder of the set."

... in other words... Yes, It is banned but we are trying to make it seem like we aren't scrubs by saying that it isn't 'completely banned'. However, it is all up to the people running. If the main people don't want it being used then its not gonna be used, simple as that. If you want a tournament were it is allowed then you will have to have your own.

romeo619

Smash Ace
"The Wobbles Compromise (UCSD Triweeklies)-
The use of the IC Infinite otherwise known as "Wobbles" is banned only at the request of the opponent. If the opponent fails declare the technique as banned before the match begins, the IC player may use it for the remainder of the set."

... in other words... Yes, It is banned but we are trying to make it seem like we aren't scrubs by saying that it isn't 'completely banned'.
you're the only one that cares

Zephyr

Smash Lord
But you were the one who raised a ****storm about it up in here. Everyone else was pretty much in agreement.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
:chuckle: Don't make such a big deal out of it. All I did was answer the persons questions this time and through a bit of an opinion in to spice it up. It is simply that the person who runs the tournament that makes the decision and I'm not arguing with it anymore.

edit: Plus ****storm are fun.

edit sum moar: And I am going to respond to anyone who starts responding to me by editing this post more since I don't want to destroy the topic near a tournament date.

If you're not gonna argue with it anymore, then don't add your opinion to "spice it up".
Still wasn't arguing by doing so since my opinion wasn't about trying to un-ban it.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
:chuckle: Don't make such a big deal out of it. All I did was answer the persons questions this time and through a bit of an opinion in to spice it up. It is simply that the person who runs the tournament that makes the decision and I'm not arguing with it anymore.

edit: Plus ****storm are fun.
If you're not gonna argue with it anymore, then don't add your opinion to "spice it up".

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
All I hear is b****in' from you guys. All did Giza was just bring up a point and now yah got to storm on a ***** thats f*** up man thats f*** up.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Hey, everyone wants my opinion. Its the opinions we all love to hate. But I hate to love. :confused: Did I say those words?

Anyway guys, my tv ain't gonna be normal during friendly times. I'm gonna try making it a item matches TV for the most part (possibly with other gamers thrown in if items isn't successful and I get bored of Smash). I got an action replay code that turns off crates and capsules so we don't have to deal with ****ty explosions. I've been liking this idea for the items lately. I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE ITEMS RIGHT!?

... seriously

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If you think there's a problem with banning wobbling then dont' ban it. It's seflish for you to impose rules on other people's play. What the hell do you care how others play, it doesn't effect you.

That' s the beauty of the Wobbles compromise =P. Honestly, I wouldn't give a crap if two people played with free for all with items on Hyrule, (8 min time limit though) as long as it's not me involved, people can play whatever rules they want. Heh.

Rickety

Peace and Love
On Wobbling and the Lodge.

Look everyone, regardless of how we feel about wobbling, whether you love it (Giza), hate it (TheBOSS), or indifferent (Rickety), let's just respect the rules of the tournament host. Azn_Lep has had to deal the loss of his home and other things these past few months, so the least we can do is be grateful for the fact that despite the "gambling" issue that prevented us from securing this venue for several months, Azn_Lep was willing and able to spend fifty dollars of his own money to reserve and secure the lodge for us to play in.

The last time we were able to play in that lodge was way back in February, so we need to stop complaining about the rules (if it really bothers us that much, then we would be best not to come), and be thankful to Pat for helping us to be able to play at the lodge again, the very same lodge that CAOTIC got for us for our very first Triweekly back in early 2006. Now, I know about half of the current SD smash scene was not there for that, but everyone should be thankful and respectful to the host of this tournament.

That's all I have to say. I hope that all of us can just let bygones be bygones and make amends and not let some silly rule in a video game create real world drama. Can we please just put all drama and bad blood aside and have some fun this Saturday? Giza, I know the wobbling thing got out of hand, but I remember before all that, we would have nice conversations on AIM about fighting games and other stuff, and it was really nice. I know that we are all capable of being able to let this go and just be friends again.

I know this because San Diego is amazing like that, we should never fight, much less be fighting among ourselves. So what do you say (not just Giza, but everybody), can we just be grateful for the opportunity to come back to our original venue and have some fun? Friends? :]

I really think it's possible :]

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Well put rick.

On a lighter note, smashfest tomorrwo night at MAPLE'S HOUSE. You can stay over if you wish to do so.

the list so far:
maple
myself
dsf
araknophobik
blitz
edrees

Rickety

Peace and Love
On Wobbling and the Lodge.

Look everyone, regardless of how we feel about wobbling, whether you love it (Giza), hate it (TheBOSS), or indifferent (Rickety), let's just respect the rules of the tournament host. Azn_Lep has had to deal the loss of his home and other things these past few months, so the least we can do is be grateful for the fact that despite the "gambling" issue that prevented us from securing this venue for several months, Azn_Lep was willing and able to spend fifty dollars of his own money to reserve and secure the lodge for us to play in.

The last time we were able to play in that lodge was way back in February, so we need to stop complaining about the rules (if it really bothers us that much, then we would be best not to come), and be thankful to Pat for helping us to be able to play at the lodge again, the very same lodge that CAOTIC got for us for our very first Triweekly back in early 2006. Nowhttp://smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3490730
Edit/Delete Message, I know about half of the current SD smash scene was not there for that, but everyone should be thankful and respectful to the host of this tournament.

That's all I have to say. I hope that all of us can just let bygones be bygones and make amends and not let some silly rule in a video game create real world drama. Can we please just put all drama and bad blood aside and have some fun this Saturday? Giza, I know the wobbling thing got out of hand, but I remember before all that, we would have nice conversations on AIM about fighting games and other stuff, and it was really nice. I know that we are all capable of being able to let this go and just be friends again.

I know this because San Diego is amazing like that, we should never fight, much less be fighting among ourselves. So what do you say (not just Giza, but everybody), can we just be grateful for the opportunity to come back to our original venue and have some fun? Friends? :]

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
A post so good it's worth mentioning twice. LOL silly Rick. Well I got a lucky break on the lodge. Since I was given an administrative position for the Winter Game Fest, they allowed me to use the lodge for "preparation" we may have to keep the money thing on the down low...

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman

The last time we were able to play in that lodge was way back in February, so we need to stop complaining about the rules (if it really bothers us that much, then we would be best not to come), and be thankful to Pat for helping us to be able to play at the lodge again, the very same lodge that CAOTIC got for us for our very first Triweekly back in early 2006. Nowhttp://smashboards.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=3490730
Edit/Delete Message, I know about half of the current SD smash scene was not there for that, but everyone should be thankful and respectful to the host of this tournament.

nah, son

san diego hate fo' life

:p
See you guys tomorrow =D

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Well put rick.

On a lighter note, smashfest tomorrwo night at MAPLE'S HOUSE. You can stay over if you wish to do so.

the list so far:
maple
myself
dsf
araknophobik
blitz
edrees
As in tonight? You know SM is down. I gotta tell Pnoy about this since he'll be missing out on the triweekly tomorrow. Then again knowing Kyle, he probably already called him LOL.

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
All I'm saying is low tier tourney and maybe some free donuts. I mean if you brought donuts whoever they may be would be a man... no a beast.... no A GOD in my eyes.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
A post so good it's worth mentioning twice. LOL silly Rick. Well I got a lucky break on the lodge. Since I was given an administrative position for the Winter Game Fest, they allowed me to use the lodge for "preparation" we may have to keep the money thing on the down low...
Preparation huh?

Don't forget everyone BRING TVS AND CUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a low tier tournament tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Giza

Smash Lord
If you think there's a problem with banning wobbling then dont' ban it. It's seflish for you to impose rules on other people's play. What the hell do you care how others play, it doesn't effect you.
I ain't saying it the compromise should be lifted. I just don't like the idea of handicapping IC players (the compromise does the same as banning it in this area). But like I have said in most of my posts, its up to the person running it and I ain't gonna make a big deal over it since they can run it however they want.

I hope that all of us can just let bygones be bygones and make amends and not let some silly rule in a video game create real world drama.
Oh Rick, this is the internets. Real world drama doesn't exist. The real world is full of butterflies, roses, and dead Injins (possibly donuts too). No dramas.

Money on the down low you say? Do we need to put it in envelopes again?

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Smashfest and Chillsesh

Starts at 9PM!!!

okay for tonight if you are coming from south:

15 freeway

15 north
78west
exit college blvd.
make a right on college heading north
make a right on frazee
make your first right on gallery
address is 1005 gallery drive.

5 freeway

5north
76east
right on college
left on frazee

coming from north

5 south
exit 76 freeway heading east
right on college
left on frazee

THELIST

-Boss
-Maple
-DSF
-Fabian
-Blitz
-Edrees
-Rickety
-San Marcos

Post if you are coming, also dont forget about tvs and cubes if u got em.
All can stay over then we leave for the tourney tomorrow morning.

call me if u need to
760-277-3522

Rickety

Peace and Love
Well put rick.

the list so far:
maple
myself
dsf
araknophobik
blitz
edrees
Dang, that sounds like a lot of fun! Kyle and I can practice for doubles there :]
Put me on that list :]

Heee <3 Well, we're all just glad that you were able to go out of your way and do this for us. Do you need any help running the tournament?

nah, son
san diego hate fo' life

:p
See you guys tomorrow =D
Yay! Jackpot is coming! Don't go over eight minutes ;)

Wooh Triweekly Tomorrow! :laugh:
I love you, Jon! <3

I'll probably be coming to this. :D Thanks for letting me know about it St.Pat!!
Anyway, I wanna do Teams as well, anyone wanna team with me?
Ooh! We'll finally be able to meet face-to-face :]

<3
rick(ety)

Starts at 9PM!!!

okay for tonight if you are coming from south:

15 freeway

15 north
78west
exit college blvd.
make a right on college heading north
make a right on frazee

5 freeway

5north
76east
right on college
left on frazee

coming from north

5 south
exit 76 freeway heading east
right on college
left on frazee

THELIST

-Boss
-Maple
-DSF
-Fabian
-Blitz
-Edrees
-Rickety
-San Marcos

Post if you are coming, also dont forget about tvs and cubes if u got em.
All can stay over then we leave for the tourney tomorrow morning.

call me if u need to
760-277-3522
Too Cute :]
I'll put this on the first page :]

D

Deleted member

Hurray, me and hugglebunny can comez. I do hope for a low tier tourney, maybe then i might be able to win a round or two (but probably not :p). See u guys tomarrowz.

Top Bottom