• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Team Giza

Smash Lord
17: Giza - Did you bring CVS2? For some reason I thought I remember you telling me you didn't play it, but maybe that was 3S I was thinking of. Anyway, next time I will bring my PS2 Pad so we can play :]
No I don't play CVS2. One of the people I came with brought it. I used to play 3S but quickly grew bored of the game. :laugh: Really the only games I like to put time into nobody else plays seriously.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
The lodge is too good.

Amon Amarth: Finally got to play you, I really enjoyed our set. I get a lot of Samus practice in because of J Flo XD, should play again sometime.

SA2Jeff: Why you gotta say "Man, so I gotta play Jon" before WE even play? LOL! Doubles and singles was too funny. "I invented 'ohhh'!!"

Burntsocks: Never played a Yoshi main before, Eggs + Poke Floats = Frustrating. LOL.

Zephyr: Wow, for the 4th time? Closer to a win each time but never making it there. Maaaaaaan... lol, I always enjoy our matches though, dirty counter-picking Mute City and "Off-screen tippers." Tooooo good.

Anto: Ah man, gotta keep that Chula Vista-San Marcos BLAZIN AZN MIGRATION SENSATION connection alive lol, always cool seeing you. Good luck on that last final.

Triweeklies are too fun. Was cool seeing everyone again and can't wait for the next fest.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
It's time for another...

Doodles Style Shoutout! HOORAY LOL

I'll probably do some actual text shoutouts later cause not everyone is mentioned. =)

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for a nice tourney Azn_Lep! J-Ha's really happy that you helped him out.

I also wanna say thanks to Paul Mitchell for complementing my Boozer. I'll get you next time, man! I'll definately be returning for more. Thanks all!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Jon - We used to be good at this game Jon, what happened. These Boney Bossy guys placing above us, lame lame lame.

DSF - You're good man, probably the sole reason most of SoCal is as good as it is too. Keep traveling, ******, and training, the community owes ya tons.

Edrees - Always a pleasure havin' ya around dude, we're gonna rep SD at pound 3 f'sho. Eggars is amazing - poses.

Rick - You're waaaay better than you give yourself credit for, #1 on my imaginary power rankings

Pat - Gerudo Rush is too good haha, my Ganon still needs work, but when it's ready we'll team again and ****

Bone - Oh Bone, am I ever going to beat your Peach?

Boss - My lips were still sticky when I got home.... in the good way

PNaleek & J Ha - Hey it's always good to see new faces, suck that's J Has movin to Costa Rica though.

Blitz - I gotta apologize to this guy man... Sorry for that last stock, sorry for the skateboard, sorry for anything else that I did. Nothin but love man.

Fabian - Yeah too bad we didn't get to play, I wanna see this IC slaying sheik I hear so much about. You beat Neal and Nick right?

Paul - Man looooong time bro, it's good to see you back in the smash scene. Work on those ICs man, you're gonna take the best SD title in brawl I bet.

Romeo - You need to go to more tournament foo, you're too good at this game to slack off like that

Zack - See post above. Rick's too good against Falcon

Gonzalo - Welcome back to the smash scene, we gotta smash it up more often at UCSD

Jackpot - Jackpot > Funyuns > Azn Lep

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
Tourney This Coming Weekend!

Rick, put this on the first page please.

Bossy Biweekly V this saturday the 22nd of December.

Bring cubes, tvs, chairs, exc please.
Also... please post if you can make it, k, thanks.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
lol @ jesse slipping. so incredibly funny.

oh aznlep, next time around i won't ban wobbling, saying that its not semi's or final's. ;D
+ to my shout outs*

Rickety

Peace and Love
The holidays are kinda sketchy for me, since I have a lot of family that comes over, but you never know! I do wanna have a smashfest sometime though :] Maybe the return of Harmony Mini Tournaments? ;)

Good night San Diego! You guys are all lovely <333

<3 :]

edit: the san diego rankings have been updated! with pretty colors!

http://community.livejournal.com/sdsmash/

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for a nice tourney Azn_Lep! J-Ha's really happy that you helped him out.

I also wanna say thanks to Paul Mitchell for complementing my Boozer. I'll get you next time, man! I'll definitely be returning for more. Thanks all!
I had fun playing you, 3rd round bowser ditto was great. I call intimidation johns from your brother :laugh: i kid >..> Keep it up with bowser.

*wonders if doodles is planning on going to the biweekly*

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I'm stealing Rick's idea of just copy-pasting the placing list and writing about everyone I have something to say about. Haha.

1: DSF - First place again, I expect no less from you =P Good stuff with those Sheik dittos. It's really obvious your Fox is made to destroy Sheik -- I gotta learn that matchup!

2: Edrees - I don't think I played you once outside teams! Dang. We'll play sometime soon, you teammate stealer.

3: Rickety - I get closer and closer every time =P I swear I'll get you someday legitimately when you don't have the jitters! Bring back skill pools!

5: TheBOSS - The BAWSS! Man, we're gonna tear it up in teams when we do team. I get more scared of you every time I play you in singles.

5: Bone - Sorry I had to knock you out! It was either you or me, and I **** Peach. <3

7: Azn_Lep - GERUDO RUSH! The one move I pretty much never use haha. Good stuff =P No need to improve that Ganon of yours unless you're gonna rely on it for that Peach matchup. Then you can improve it, and we'll own with some double G double P!

7: Jon619 - Man, why do you suck so bad?! LOL JK <3 good to see you again. Don't see you around enough.

9: Doodles - Man that's a beastly Link. =P

9: Araknophobik - "We'll team at Pound 3!" "Uuhh...." Haha. Sheik dittos are awesome. You got me prepared to fight DSF, and look what happened!

9: ASP - Hell yeah I got better =P you saw me tearing it up. We gotta play sometime soon!

9: Blitz - Dude, next time you fall asleep I'm gonna put so much stuff on you it's not even funny. It was painful watching you get chain thrown. Look out for those grabs man.

13: Zephyr - Man sorry we didn't get to our Fox ditto. I was upset after my loss to Rick (what else is new?) and it totally slipped my mind. Next time!

13: Gonzalo - Look at that, a new Falco on the loose! SD needs a good Falco. Keep it up; I expect to see you at more of these!

13: Zack353 - Dude, you came back! And I didn't get to play you at all! I want to play your Falcon, I bet it's ownage.

17: Maple - Oh man, that was a clutch match on Brinstar. I can't believe I took both of you on! Haha. See you soon =P

17: Paul Mitchell OH MAH GAWD IT'S PAWL!! Dude, don't die. Please.

17: Romeo619 - Another person I didn't get to play that I wanted to. Why didn't you come play some friendlies with me when I was owning those newbs?

17: Yloh - Your Peach keeps getting better and better. Who knows? I might have to start going Sheik on you, haha. Seems to do much much better against you.

17: SA2Jeff - JEFF! Why didn't we play? Scared to get owned by Ganon? That's it. I know it is.

17: Giza - Yeah, finally got that match out of the way. Best of 5, and I won 3. I remember when you used to be a better Ganon than I was. What happened?

25: Amon Amarth - You've certainly gotten better. Much better than that one time I fought you at that triweekly in the other lodge =P I'll be lookin out for you.

25: ycz6 - Stick with Jiggs. On FD. =P (god I hate FD)

25: Anuj - Man, good to finally meet you. My Ganon's beastlier than you originally thought, huh? =P See you around.

33: Marceaux - This guy, almost denting my car with your TV. Careful with that next time =P

(some marth I was playing in friendlies, forget his name) - You know, I could tell your Marth has some serious potential when I was playing you. Just gotta start playing smarter and you're good to go =P

49: Will - It was good seeing you again, although I think I only said a couple things to you! Keep showing up =P

WHEW that was a lot. Took me 13 minutes to type all that. Good stuff San Diego.

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
dude, i am so bad now..i think i'm going to play fox and no more peach..

aznlep-thanks for hosting, its good to see you again "we used to be good at this game" lol...
everyone else..you know who you are. gg everyone

The Game II

Smash Champion
Done with the videos, now I just need to convert them. They should be up tomorrow night.

Speaking of which, before anyone goes crazy, I'm withholding the team finals (both matches) until Wednesday morning because of a story I'm writing about The BOSS.

--GCII

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice
33: Daniel Bean - You know, I could tell your Marth has some serious potential when I was playing you. Just gotta start playing smarter and you're good to go =P
saint patrick, i don't play marth, i use fox and i don't think i had a match against you... although i want revenge from the first time i played you at boss and u 4 stocked me! thanks azn_lep for hosting the lodge is incredible and thanks to zack for all those good friendlies (will i ever beat your falcon???) rick, you've got a very talented and dirty sheik!!!! thanks for the matches though... hopefully i can come to more tournaments and get to know more people
good night sd

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
saint patrick, i don't play marth, i use fox and i don't think i had a match against you... although i want revenge from the first time i played you at boss and u 4 stocked me! thanks azn_lep for hosting the lodge is incredible and thanks to zack for all those good friendlies (will i ever beat your falcon???) rick, you've got a very talented and dirty sheik!!!! thanks for the matches though... hopefully i can come to more tournaments and get to know more people
good night sd
Oh crap, I'm sorry. I must've been thinking about someone else then. Black guy, wore glasses...forget his name. Ah well. Good luck with that revenge. Money-match me? =D

And Glenn, story about BOSS?! Where's my story huh?

XD jk.

paulmitchel haircare

Smash Apprentice
late shout outs.

to everyone gg's.
sense i left;
harmony still owns, peaches are *****'es, i still suck and sd is thee best

azn leap is till my hero
kyle wheres my controller
rickety i wanna see your hair cut
anto next time will ram everyone, no homo
romeo cant believe you let that falco get you
jon, props for brining two! two girls to a place like that
boss good time
bowseer guy keep at it
roy guy, stop it and go marth
bones didnt get to play next time
sait pat, crazy fast *** gannon
jeff we gotta get them islands
what up to nikki
asp and doodles wtf

if i forgot anyne, well **** you

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap, I'm sorry. I must've been thinking about someone else then. Black guy, wore glasses...forget his name. Ah well. Good luck with that revenge. Money-match me? =D

And Glenn, story about BOSS?! Where's my story huh?

XD jk.
Ha! You're talking about my Bro! Didn't he ask you how many times would he have to beat you to become the best Ganon on the west coast? That was funny...

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
You're my brother! You're s'possed to lub me...O_o

Hey, I'm just glad I beat someone, wasn't the best, wasn't the worst, ya know?

I wanna fight LBK again. LBK, you gotta teach me that Yo-Yo Glitch!

Low teirs, ftw.

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice
sure, if i go to boss's this sat i'll money match you for sure...(even though i'll probably get my *** handed to me again), but they will have to be $1 matches cause i'm a poor college student!!!

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
You're my brother! You're s'possed to lub me...O_o

Hey, I'm just glad I beat someone, wasn't the best, wasn't the worst, ya know?

I wanna fight LBK again. LBK, you gotta teach me that Yo-Yo Glitch!

Low teirs, ftw.
Oh, i'm behind you 100% but... challenging St. Patrick for his spot? Kinda impossible unless you start training like mad. But you can do it!!! I believe in you!! ^_^

Nwordtim

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout time

Azn_lep: Thank you for running a classy tournament and for that you are the nigg@ in charge

Bone: You sexy beast <3... lol good job kicking giza @$$ gave me some good lulz on the ride back.

St. Patrick: wtf happened you gotten like a million time better. I seriously think your Ganon is doing coke or something because that fool is moving like he need a fix.

Da Guff/Goldenmuffin/Zeyphr: almost got yah in teams but no "Mr. I need to up b the wrong way" say other wise *looks at Giza* but, other then that good games

Giza: My boi you knock da **** out!!!! Oh well better luck next time and nice job kicking some fox *** ^-^.

Rickety: your a good man rick a good man

Ricks GF: Sorry I don't know your name but nice friendlies matches

Amon Amarth: @_@ I always lose to Samus players I got to play you again sometime.

Edrees: X_X **** man not the Nair me pills can't do **** oh well good games my man.
yloh: thanks for the Kick *** friendlies.

JUICE/JESUS: ME BOI you are truly a pimp and your beard is the source of all your power I know it

Kuybi/Chris: ah nice seeing you again we must play some GGXX: AC and Beatmaina

J-Flo: Maybe we should just stick with 3s lololol nice talking to you and **** Yun

Jon619: Nice seeing your white *** again :laugh:

_JFK: we should of team remember our world famous Double Falcon team

PNaleek,Duffman, and friend: you guys live in South Bay, right? If you do we should like play sometime together pm me if you want.

Btw I'm the black guy with a nappy afro and who played Doc at the tournament.

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hey ycz6! We need to play more! Who is your main, anyway? :]
I think I've seen you use Fox, Samus, and now Jigglypuff? Who is it?

<3 :]
I'm still not completely sure. Before the Triweekly, I decided to go Jiggs/Marth in teams and Samus/Marth/Falcon in singles. I had never played Jiggs at a tourney before. At the lodge before the tourney, I played some friendlies, did pretty well with Falcon and Jiggs in both teams and singles, so when the doubles tourney came around, I went Jiggs all the way. Caught a few nice rests and edgeguards.

So when singles came around, I had no idea what to do. I beat some less experienced players with Samus and Jiggs pretty handily, Marth less so. I think the turning point came when I got 4-stocked in one minute by Saint Patrick as Falcon, then got him down to 1 stock with Jiggs. :ohwell:

Right now I'm basically Samus with Jiggs secondary. I may work on my Marth more, and I don't think I'm technical enough to play a decent Fox or CF... yet. :) Who knows, I may do well next tourney with Sheik or Ganon or something and further confuse the matter. My younger brother plays a pretty sick ICs and Marth, I should get him to come to one of these... once he gets ungrounded. :embarrass

Rickety

Peace and Love
Good Stuff to The BOSS on getyourtournament!

...rick, you've got a very talented and dirty sheik!!!! thanks for the matches though... hopefully i can come to more tournaments and get to know more people...
Dirty Sheik? Everyone says that :( Even Saint Patrick told that to me a long time ago:
You should feel very, very dirty with that Sheik match, Rick.
Very, very dirty.
--December 2, 2006

Once dirty, always dirty? I'm clean! :]

rickety i wanna see your hair cut
??? You saw me at the triweekly and Chipotle, silly! :]

Rickety: your a good man rick a good man

Jon619: Nice seeing your white *** again :laugh:
Aw, thanks! :]
Jon is not all white! :-P

ROFLMAO your sig is amazing
Paradise Hills FInest = Too good :]

I'm still not completely sure. Before the Triweekly, I decided to go Jiggs/Marth in teams and Samus/Marth/Falcon in singles. I had never played Jiggs at a tourney before. At the lodge before the tourney, I played some friendlies, did pretty well with Falcon and Jiggs in both teams and singles, so when the doubles tourney came around, I went Jiggs all the way. Caught a few nice rests and edgeguards.

So when singles came around, I had no idea what to do. I beat some less experienced players with Samus and Jiggs pretty handily, Marth less so. I think the turning point came when I got 4-stocked in one minute by Saint Patrick as Falcon, then got him down to 1 stock with Jiggs. :ohwell:

Right now I'm basically Samus with Jiggs secondary. I may work on my Marth more, and I don't think I'm technical enough to play a decent Fox or CF... yet. :) Who knows, I may do well next tourney with Sheik or Ganon or something and further confuse the matter. My younger brother plays a pretty sick ICs and Marth, I should get him to come to one of these... once he gets ungrounded. :embarrass
We'll see what happens! Any match ups in particular that you don't like at the moment?

During this match i saw Edrees turn from his happy-go-lucky self
into this
Keep it dirty! :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. Happy Birthday, Yloh! <3

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Rick ever since Palomar ended for the year I havn't played ANYONE! So I am most likly going to this. I can't let the rust build, even more so because I suck to begin with =D

Top Bottom