• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I'm still not completely sure. Before the Triweekly, I decided to go Jiggs/Marth in teams and Samus/Marth/Falcon in singles. I had never played Jiggs at a tourney before. At the lodge before the tourney, I played some friendlies, did pretty well with Falcon and Jiggs in both teams and singles, so when the doubles tourney came around, I went Jiggs all the way. Caught a few nice rests and edgeguards.

So when singles came around, I had no idea what to do. I beat some less experienced players with Samus and Jiggs pretty handily, Marth less so. I think the turning point came when I got 4-stocked in one minute by Saint Patrick as Falcon, then got him down to 1 stock with Jiggs. :ohwell:

Right now I'm basically Samus with Jiggs secondary. I may work on my Marth more, and I don't think I'm technical enough to play a decent Fox or CF... yet. :) Who knows, I may do well next tourney with Sheik or Ganon or something and further confuse the matter. My younger brother plays a pretty sick ICs and Marth, I should get him to come to one of these... once he gets ungrounded. :embarrass
Not to burst your bubble entirely, but do remember that match was against a Ganondorf on FD. FD is terrible for Ganon, especially against someone like Jiggs who can outspace him really well. So...yeah. But your Jiggs is definitely smarter than your Falcon =P

Also, I'm probably gonna be at the biweekly. =P

$BONE$

Smash Ace
*devolves back into $BONE$*

it was fun being sastopher for that brief minute.
tooo bad i'll never live up to him. ;_;

Zack353

Smash Ace
[Super late post]

Well anyways that was fun I got ***** what can I say. I learned quite a few things though in some matchups with falcon that I wasn't comfortable with. Hopefully I can do better next time, along with a non-rigged bracket. (Rick is too good)

Rickety

Peace and Love
Rick ever since Palomar ended for the year I havn't played ANYONE! So I am most likly going to this. I can't let the rust build, even more so because I suck to begin with =D
Awesome! I look forward to seeing you there, if I go :] And you don't stink, silly.

Not to burst your bubble entirely, but do remember that match was against a Ganondorf on FD. FD is terrible for Ganon, especially against someone like Jiggs who can outspace him really well. So...yeah. But your Jiggs is definitely smarter than your Falcon =P

Also, I'm probably gonna be at the biweekly. =P
Don't burst bubbles, Patrick! :-P
I thought you were going to a party this weekend?

mango khepri inks kira and ajax are coming to this.
eep! We're going to get demolished!

*devolves back into $BONE$*

it was fun being sastopher for that brief minute.
tooo bad i'll never live up to him. ;_;
You'd make a good Sastopher :] Just not as hairy <3

[Super late post]

Well anyways that was fun I got ***** what can I say. I learned quite a few things though in some matchups with falcon that I wasn't comfortable with. Hopefully I can do better next time, along with a non-rigged bracket. (Rick is too good)
I promise I won't rig your bracket anymore! That was just a one time thing. :]

<3
rick(ety)

ycz12

Smash Ace
In other words, I am a strategic genius for picking FD in the second match. :cool:

Anyway, how is the Ganon/Samus matchup? It would seem Ganon can just completely shut down everything Samus has, but it would seem Samus can do the same to Ganon. I'm sure you have more experience than I do; thoughts?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Ganon r-a-p-e-s Samus

edit: if kira / khepri / haze don't **** SD I'm going to be severely disappointed. You guys are so lucky, I can't ****ing wait to play SD in tournament

romeo619

Smash Ace
take it as you will, dunno why it's not alright for sd to be cocky (minus rick) and not others.
by golly, you're absolutely right. go ahead and keep doin whatchu doin

and pat i wasn't plannin on goin to this, but since u asked to team i might just let bone take me. or just go with jon if he's not working and he feels like going

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ganon has about a 60-40 advantage on Samus. To me this is identical to the Peach-Falcon matchup. Ganon ***** the fighting, but because Ganon can't overcome Samus' edgeguarding, it always becomes a close match, similar to Falcon and Peach. If you watch the matchup it's always like this, it's extremely hard for Samus to do anything, but once she gets Ganon off the ledge, there's just nothing he can do.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
hey hey san diego no negative undertones please. all opinions are discussed in meetings only. lets stay private like the japanese smashers and rickety will be like our mini-captain jack, the translator. we don't want to look bad because our individual personalities aren't quite understood because there are so many of us. rick seems to be the most reasonable at landing the pun intended. ;)

annnyways.

I think I'm going to this now...
IF EDREES DOESN'T GO IM GOING TO NEED A TEAMMATE.

HINT HINT.
DSF. :roll:
HINT HINT.
PATRIX.

people i want to see on saturday:
zack
romeo619
jon619
will
yloh :O
nikki & rick

edrees is so smart.

anto

Smash Apprentice
by golly, you're absolutely right. go ahead and keep doin whatchu doin

and pat i wasn't plannin on goin to this, but since u asked to team i might just let bone take me. or just go with jon if he's not working and he feels like going
TOUCHDOWN!

i'm going, hope to see everyone there, and i might need a partner as well

Rickety

Peace and Love
SD is cocky?

Anyway, how is the Ganon/Samus matchup? It would seem Ganon can just completely shut down everything Samus has, but it would seem Samus can do the same to Ganon. I'm sure you have more experience than I do; thoughts?
Watch THIS at 30 minutes and 30 seconds ;)
(Ignore my girly voice in the background and how old this was. Good memories, though! :] )

hey hey san diego no negative undertones please. all opinions are discussed in meetings only. lets stay private like the japanese smashers and rickety will be like our mini-captain jack, the translator. we don't want to look bad because our individual personalities aren't quite understood because there are so many of us. rick seems to be the most reasonable at landing the pun intended. ;)
I wanna be baby Ryota/ Baby Captain Jack! <3 But I'm not well dressed enough :( I hope I can be a good SD spokesman :]

I don't want people to get the wrong impression of SD, but nobody in SD is cocky at all except Saint Patrick, TheBOSS, and July-era Bone (But we love them all the same! <3 )

Let's show everyone at this biweekly, best of 07, and the winter smash what we're all about :]

hey how long do these biweeklies usually last? like what time can i expect it to end?
The biweeklies tend to end at 6, but people tend to keep playing til' 8 or so :]
Bring Wayland, please :]

TOUCHDOWN!
*Chicken Noodle!*

Pft, do I really want to go to this?
Yeah actually. :) Maybe SM can bring a cube too.
Yay! We love San Marcos! :] Why wasn't Pnoy at the last triweekly?

<3
rick(ety)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Don't burst bubbles, Patrick! :-P
I thought you were going to a party this weekend?

<3
rick(ety)
Not sure if I am or not =P Besides, those things happen at night and these end at like 7.

Ganon r-a-p-e-s Samus
He definitely has a slight advantage, but it's not ****. The edgeguarding from a Samus that knows what he's doing is just too much.

annnyways.

I think I'm going to this now...
IF EDREES DOESN'T GO IM GOING TO NEED A TEAMMATE.

HINT HINT.
DSF. :roll:
HINT HINT.
PATRIX.
Okay. I claim you.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
its so funny how saint patrick claims me.
hahahaha. azn lep.

anto..
please give me+romeo a ride if you have space.
i dont feel like driving to oceanside. ;_;
i'll give you gas money.

Rickety

Peace and Love
In Memory of Spicy, the orange controller that could <3

I'm sorry to announce that my orange controller, which I have used since I first started competitive smash, broke today :( (I guess Tony must have 4-stocked me one two many times).

I went out and bought a screwdriver that let me open my controller (OMG modding ;) ) and took out the parts and cleaned it. No luck :( I think it was the circuit board or something, but I'm no engineer. The sticks and buttons all worked when I transferred them to another controller, it worked fine. So I cleaned the old shell and buttons and combined my old controller with some Wavebird white buttons and a clear bottom.

I like it, and my Sheik feels faster, though I'm sure it's all in my head (OMG modding again), but for some reason my Marth seems like he's stuck in the mud :( I need to get another controller for Marth or something :-P

Anyone wanna help me break my "new" controller in tomorrow? :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. At least now I have "New Controller Johns" for the biweekly, right? ;)

anto

Smash Apprentice
its so funny how saint patrick claims me.
hahahaha. azn lep.

anto..
please give me+romeo a ride if you have space.
i dont feel like driving to oceanside. ;_;
i'll give you gas money.
yea i'm pretty sure i'll be driving we'll figure out a place to meet up later on

$BONE$

Smash Ace
yea i'm pretty sure i'll be driving we'll figure out a place to meet up later on
hehehe yaaaaay.
anto for president.
^_________^

sdkhslfhskjdfls.

I'm sorry to announce that my orange controller, which I have used since I first started competitive smash, broke today :( (I guess Tony must have 4-stocked me one two many times).

I went out and bought a screwdriver that let me open my controller (OMG modding ;) ) and took out the parts and cleaned it. No luck :( I think it was the circuit board or something, but I'm no engineer. The sticks and buttons all worked when I transferred them to another controller, it worked fine. So I cleaned the old shell and buttons and combined my old controller with some Wavebird white buttons and a clear bottom.

I like it, and my Sheik feels faster, though I'm sure it's all in my head (OMG modding again), but for some reason my Marth seems like he's stuck in the mud :( I need to get another controller for Marth or something :-P

Anyone wanna help me break my "new" controller in tomorrow? :]

P.S. At least now I have "New Controller Johns" for the biweekly, right? ;)
manacloud's curse!!!

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
this is going to be quite a competative biweekly guys...

dsf
mango
bone
st. patrick
me
kira
rickety
azn_lep
maple
mikehaze
sanmarcos
anto
jon619
romeo619
+much much more!!!??

Rickety

Peace and Love
Black/Orange Controller needs name.

Well, I decided to ditch the orange controller above and use the black and orange controller that I used at Super Champ Combo!

The one I beat Azen with <3

Tah-Dah!

I stopped using this one because immediately after SCC, the l-trigger broke, but now that my trusty orange one broke, I used the l-trigger in that one, with its nice worn in feel, and put it in this new one :] And it works like a charm! :]

Hurray for me :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. I still get Controller Johns for Saturday :]

Top Bottom