• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I heard that Aesis and Pat got second o.O Pat is too good in teams, good ish man.
Oh yeah and Bone got 5th outta 117!? Bump up to first f'sho.

On another note, why am I still awake... gah college does weird things to you

Rickety

Peace and Love
After today i should just give up smash, hell even games in general. I can't believe i flipped out like that. To much pressure to perform well in front of people i don't know and the TV position really threw me off (bad johns i know) *sigh* I'd be surprised if I'm let back in there...

(Artifex is doing once a month tourneys now at the first of the month.)
Eep, what happened? That doesn't sound like the Vader I know. :(

Well, I won first place and 45 bucks at that artifex thingy. >_>

I could have gotten 90 bucks store credit, but I was like...

NAHHHHHHHHHHH
Yay! I knew you'd win, Zack! <3333

thx rick for the ride and jon for teamming
i'll practice more and get better !! lol
Dayu!! Thanks for coming :] It was my pleasure <3

Rickety

Peace and Love
We have Biweeklies in Oceanside, Triweeklies in Point Loma, and Monthlies in Mira Mesa, plus smashfests anywhere. Check the first page in a few minutes, I will put up details.

Nice to meet you!

<3
rick(ety)

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
hey were do you guys play need direction im good
LOL. Sorry, but don't assume you're good until you play some good people. If you're really confident in yourself though, I'll play you to a $5 MM the first time we play. Want to?

Also, Aesis and I ***** in teams. Oh my god it was awesome. We beat Everyone except Lucky and Mang0 (they're ridiculous) and Omar + HugS are too good. Close matches; go watch them. I was pulling some crazy ****, and Aesis is a **** good teammate. Sheik just ducks right under my Fairs!

I got unlucky in the bracket; lost to DSF in winners, HugS in losers. Placed 13th. I hate getting brackets like that, because then people never realize who I can beat and how good I am. It's stuff like this that keeps me off of the SoCal power rankings. Maybe I should ask them to put me in a more reasonable bracket sometime with people from the more midranged area of the power rankings.

But **** good job to Bone placing 5th. He's amazing, and I'm sure he's gonna move up on the rankings. I just wish people would notice me like they notice him and put me on. =/

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LOL. Sorry, but don't assume you're good until you play some good people. If you're really confident in yourself though, I'll play you to a $5 MM the first time we play. Want to?

Also, Aesis and I ***** in teams. Oh my god it was awesome. We beat Everyone except Lucky and Mang0 (they're ridiculous) and Omar + HugS are too good. Close matches; go watch them. I was pulling some crazy ****, and Aesis is a **** good teammate. Sheik just ducks right under my Fairs!

I got unlucky in the bracket; lost to DSF in winners, HugS in losers. Placed 13th. I hate getting brackets like that, because then people never realize who I can beat and how good I am. It's stuff like this that keeps me off of the SoCal power rankings. Maybe I should ask them to put me in a more reasonable bracket sometime with people from the more midranged area of the power rankings.

But **** good job to Bone placing 5th. He's amazing, and I'm sure he's gonna move up on the rankings. I just wish people would notice me like they notice him and put me on. =/
If you know how good you are, it really shouldn't bother you.

We should money match though, I fear no ganon

Vitin

Smash Cadet
ok then when can we meet up and were and dont worry i wont say im good till ill play ok

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
If you know how good you are, it really shouldn't bother you.

We should money match though, I fear no ganon
I seem to remember winning every time we've played thus far though. And you quitting out of every single game. =P But yeah, I'm game.

And it's not that it bothers me that much, I'd just like to be able to say I'm ranked in SoCal and get myself a decent seeding for a change. DSF early in winners and HugS in losers = not cool man. Hah. **** Mike Y for messing with the bracket. =P Good **** to him for beating HugS though.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I seem to remember the last time us playing at UCLA 3, which was what, in April? And both going last stock in pools... And I don't ever remember playing you before or since. And that was the first time I've ever played a Ganon that literally didn't suck. Now I'm very confident vs Ganon and am pretty decent skill wise so even if you're better than me I think I can make up the difference simply because Sheik ***** Ganon.

I quit the game every time when someone's last stock is about to be taken (or attempt to anyway), it's much faster. I dunno why people question me / act like it's a big deal when I do it, and you surely shouldn't interpret it as me being mad or something, lawl.

So Cal is so close in skill that seedings are ugh. Outside of the top 11 for the most part everyone can beat everyone, there aren't very many easy matches

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Um, Patrick?

Everyone already knows you kick ***, remember? You don't need to be ranked to be able to say that.

Vader Rue

Smash Apprentice
Just gave my self the wrong mindset, and felt a bit to much pressure. It was almost like my first triweekly. I was pretty upset after that time too. I just need to not be affected so much by the pressure of wanting to perform well. It diverts me from playing and makes me do poorly. That and I'm usually an angry wreck after the match. Its better when I'm playing people I know are going to kick my ***, I don't feel as bad when i lose. (though i don't even remember if i happened to play someone i knew yesterday kinda cloudy right now)

Anyway How was UCLA?

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I remember that one time it was like Peach Peach Peach Fox Peach Peach

poor poor Azn Lep. =/

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Micheal.. just (re)evolved into... $BONE$...

I support Azn Lep all the way. I normally give him permission to wobble me in tournament play just because of how one sidded our matches are half the time.

Challenges are fun. XD

hksdlhkjljsalkfj;lk.

Vitin

Smash Cadet
well ok thats kool and all so yea well my charecters are marth and falco and i come from Puerto Rico and let me know when they do one in point loma

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Bah, UCLA was fun but I slept for like 13 hours today because of the trip I think. =| Good **** SD, Bone's rapesis in singles and St. Patrick in doubles with Aesis. DUDE JON, it was good to see you again fool, come up to more stuff; IT'S FUN.

Next biweekly on the 8th? Dang, can't make it. I have finals on that Saturday. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Man me and hugglebunny cant go. He has plans, and hez my ride, plus school project :/ Meh.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Hey Patrick, the way you feel about not being in the SoCal power rankings is the same way I feel about not being on the SD power rankings. Don't let the fact that you're not on it hurt your game...not being ranked doesn't upset me, it makes me wanna play better and let the community know what I'm all about. And don't ignore my advice just 'cause you're WAY better than me either.

Good stuff to everyone from SD that went to UCLA!

LuCKy

Smash Master
i really wanna make it to one of thees lol ive met a couple sd players and there all really cool:) but seriously im gonna find a way to make it lol

Rickety

Peace and Love
I just saw the UCSD Ballroom 2 Thread!
Awesome job, Pat! :]

I linked it to the main page of this thread. Wow, San Diego went from famine to feast almost overnight!
Smashfests, Oceanside biweeklies, Point Loma triweeklies, Mira mesa Monthlies, UCSD triweeklies(?), and a Regional tournament? Too Good.

Now, if only we had a tournament series in South San Diego :-P

<3
rick(ety)

Rickety

Peace and Love
"Dang! LanceStern can SHL!"

there should be a smash tourney series on skyline lol, a morse part 2. rickety you needa git revenge on the orange brothers and that southwestern puff
Morse Biweeklies: Don't wear Red or Blue :-P

WOW!
I totally forgot about that!

That was an amazing tournament, my first tournament ever.
Over 80 people, and:

1. Jigglypuff from Southwestern College that can't Rising Pound.
2. LanceStern, the best Falco who can't WaveDash
3. Mikael, a Peach player not from Japan.
4. An Orange Brother Sheik player.
5. Rickety, White-Marth (read: Scrubby) that cannot wavedash or l-canvel.
(Hey, kinda sounds like the current me!)

$BONE$

Smash Ace
i really wanna make it to one of thees lol ive met a couple sd players and there all really cool:) but seriously im gonna find a way to make it lol
lOl. Four Leaf Mango's first San Diego appearance? Can it be..?! XD

Hey Patrick, the way you feel about not being in the SoCal power rankings is the same way I feel about not being on the SD power rankings. Don't let the fact that you're not on it hurt your game...not being ranked doesn't upset me, it makes me wanna play better and let the community know what I'm all about. And don't ignore my advice just 'cause you're WAY better than me either.

Good stuff to everyone from SD that went to UCLA!
Well said & Thanks. ;D
Quit trying to sweet talk the one of the panelists into putting you on. *sympathy*

Watch it Bone, I'ma take lessons from Pat and come back with a ferocious Ganon, rawr
Ganon doesn't scare me.
[harmless sarcasm filter] Especially if it's comming from someone who mains
fluffy ****** twins. [/harmless sarcasm filter]
You can tryyy though. ;p
XD

Hey RICK! Let me carpool with you, that is if you decide to go to Oceanside on the 8th. ;)

LuCKy

Smash Master
lOl. Four Leaf Mango's first San Diego appearance? Can it be..?! XD
i hope...

Ganon doesn't scare me.
[harmless sarcasm filter] Especially if it's comming from someone who mains
fluffy ****** twins. [/harmless sarcasm filter]
You can tryyy though. ;p
XD
Not too much credibility when you main a damsel in distressing wearing pink haha
this has to be the best trash talk i have ever seen lol but both of you guys have nothing on my ferocious fuzzy fox! on a side note, i am gonna make it to this somehow!!! whenever it is i am gonna make it!!!........when is it again?

Top Bottom