• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Jun.

Smash Lord
Is there gonna be a Winter Game Fest this year?
Yeah there will be. Brawl is out too lol

In related news, would you guys be down with a triweekly on December 1st? Trying to have it sometime at the end of this year so it isn't too close with WGF

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Updated first post, guess I haven't been on smashboards in a few months - so uhh... my bad.

As far as WGF goes, usually I would start advertising it around a month ago, but I graduated a while back and don't really have a hand in it this year. Well not in planning it at least. Someone else from SD needs to step it up if they wanna get the word out there.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Is there a spectator fee for this? I don't have money to enter the tournament but I'd love to still go and maybe play friendlies? :c

Is this at the lodge?

I can bring a Gamecube.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Siiick. It also looks like parking will be free. I'll be there!

Anybody that needs a ride can ride with me if they want =)

EDIT: Is the schedule for the triweekly the same in the OP?

9:00AM - Warm-Ups
10:00AM - Sign-Ups
11:00AM - Doubles Bracket
2:30PM - Singles Bracket
7:00PM - Crews (Draft System)

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Singles Results:

1: Fly
2: Sung
3: J666
4: Stabbed a Japanese Market
5: Pat
5: Zen
7: Sunny
7: Rus in that ***
9: Yuta
9: fallennova
9: Ilija
9: Hitler
13: JDM
13: Fox
13: Max
13: Jun
17: Eric
17: Simon
17: Apollo
17: Tom
17: Dawson
17: Tristan
17: Patrick Liu
17: Glow
25: Alan
25: Crimson Blur
25: Turok
25: Gold Dart
25: Bye
25: Josh
25: Wieners
25: St Pat
33: Dean
33: Joncannon
33: Tyler
33: T4
33: Wretched
33: Craig
33: JC
33: Hoover
33: Radical Andrew

Doubles Results: (played round robin for top 4 and then double-elim bracket)
1: Sung + Stab
2: Fly + J666
3: Santi + Apollo
4: Dawson + Fox

thanks pat and jun for organizing! as always. people say that sd melee is dead and with your help it's not as dead :D

sunny i'm sorry for being so noob in teams LOL

sung and stab, good games playing with you guys. i look forward to seeing you guys around :D sung i'm holding you to your promise to come down for a smashfest some time. just let us know when haha

videos coming maybe some time soon ish perhaps, maybe

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
thanks pat and jun for organizing! as always. people say that sd melee is dead and with your help it's not as dead :D

sunny i'm sorry for being so noob in teams LOL

sung and stab, good games playing with you guys. i look forward to seeing you guys around :D sung i'm holding you to your promise to come down for a smashfest some time. just let us know when haha

videos coming maybe some time soon ish perhaps, maybe
Hey! I don't think you did poorly in teams, when Stab and I had to play our first team I was surprised at how much trouble yall were givin us. And yea I'll def come down to SD for sure it's a great venue and there were a lot of different people and styles to practice from (most likely after winter break [after Jan. 21st >>]). And holy you upload vids super quick..

Shoutouts:

Jun - Thanks for hostin with Pat, didn't get to play ya though
Pat - Thanks for the kind words and your grab missed cause I was D throwing Nana (there are certain frames of every throw animation where you're invulnerable) you got some nice grab combos on Sunny
Sunny - Wish we got to play more wanted that fox exp
Max - You have my gratitude for the chocolate muffin, I'll keep my promise for sure
Zen - You are super interesting can't really explain, I think people who play mario have an interesting style with their other characters. I had to be completely on point.
Fallennova - Nice pika, saw you do some hilarious vertical gimps on YS on a samus
JC - Hope ya remember those little things I told you
Other SD people I met in bracket but forgot - Sorry guys :[
FOX - I love the way you play

Fly - I was adapting but you out-adapted me I had a lot of fun endurance training
Stab - Stop getting so salty, and you can't just blame it on your controller. I just don't understand if you get that angry then why don't you just break in a brand new controller (Especially since this has happened multiple times...) no johns. Gj in teams you ***** really hard and if you have anything to say on our play then that'd be great.
Crimson - I give you a ton of flak for not trying, not practicing, johning... but it's only because I think you can be so much better than that
Wes - You came all this way just to sleep in my car
J666 - Good job Jsex, have you earned your 3rd 6? BBQ cheese burger med rare with macaroni salad?! We're twins
Brandon Hatfield - Ya already know, don't get down always try to stay as positive as you can and these are all fun learning experiences
Combofest - Cool guy.
JDM - Cooler guy.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
After the Swiss part of doubles, he went to sleep in Sung's car. Speaking of which, I actually teamed with J666 in doubles bracket.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Alan: it was fun teaming with you :D
Fly: I got wrecked. Thanks for being the first super pro I've played, lol.
Jun: I really appreciate you paying for me. Btw, I don't go by glow anymore, haha.
Sung: why did you stop playing in the middle of our teams game? I like 2 v 1 situations :)
Pat: thanks for running the tournament, dude.

It was good seeing you all. Also, I left my power strip there. What happened to it? :awesome:

:phone:

Top Bottom