• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Rickety

Peace and Love
Practice! New players! Fun!

Ooh, in light of the big tournament in Pasadena next month, I think that it'd be a lot of fun to assemble as many smashers as possible and play together sometime soon! Even for those who don't plan on attending (which I would guess is most of us), I think that it would be still very much be worth it to help welcome some of the newer players into our community! <3

Hourglass and Fatman, what parts of San Diego do you two live in? Near UCSD up north, or in the south bay, closer to SDSU?

Sizzle

I paint controllers
we should totally have a SDSU vs UCSD region Crews.

You guys are going down.
ME AND BRYANT VS ALL.

To the new guys, I'll actually be playing tomorrow at my place with another SDSU student from around 3:30 - 7:00 tomorrow. I know it's late notice and you may not be able to make it, but you are definitely welcome. My number is 512-948-2858 and my name is Josh, text me if you want to come play.

5450 55th St. #18
San Diego, CA

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
ME AND BRYANT VS ALL.

To the new guys, I'll actually be playing tomorrow at my place with another SDSU student from around 3:30 - 7:00 tomorrow. I know it's late notice and you may not be able to make it, but you are definitely welcome. My number is 512-948-2858 and my name is Josh, text me if you want to come play.

5450 55th St. #18
San Diego, CA
Probably not gonna go, but thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind when I have time to play against you.

Hourglass

Smash Rookie
@Rickety I live in the San Diego area bordering Chula Vista (up the hill from Cricket Amphitheatre/Soak City). Traveling to any part of San Diego isn't a problem for me though. :p

@Sizzle Sounds perfect because I'm out around 3. I'll definitely hit you up and drop by. Anything I should know about where to park or whatnot?

Rickety

Peace and Love
I live up north in 4S Ranch, it should be like a 30 minute drive to UCSD if I'm correct.
Oh my, that's so cool! I actually live down the hill from you, then, in Rancho Bernardo. Westwood, to be exact! We should definitely play soon!

ME AND BRYANT VS ALL.

5450 55th St. #18
San Diego, CA
Argh, I'll be busy from 4:00 to 7:00 tomorrow! No justice! <3

@Rickety I live in the San Diego area bordering Chula Vista (up the hill from Cricket Amphitheatre/Soak City). Traveling to any part of San Diego isn't a problem for me though. :p
Ooh, cool! I visit my grandparents in Paradise Hills often, so we should definitely plan to play sometime!

Sizzle

I paint controllers
@Sizzle Sounds perfect because I'm out around 3. I'll definitely hit you up and drop by. Anything I should know about where to park or whatnot?
Great! I look forward to meeting you. You will need to try and park on the street outside the apartment complex. It is pretty hit or miss, and you'll likely need to be able to parallel park. If there aren't any open spots, call me and you can park in my roommate's spot while he's at work.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
How old are you fatboy? How much have you played melee with competitive players?
16 (probably unusual as a modern Melee player), I have owned Melee for three years now. I have always planned on playing the game competitively, but there aren't many people that I know that are good so I suck. I mostly play against casuals, but I have played a with a former competitive Melee players a couple of times.

:phone:

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
ME AND BRYANT VS ALL.

5450 55th St. #18
San Diego, CA
I'm not part of the SDSU crew?:( This is the one day of the week that I can't play wtf. I guess you guys just didnt want to get 3 stocked by my G&W again:smirk:

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
More awkward than your parents dropping you off and leaving you with a stranger?

You can come over on a weekend day if you can manage your own transportation. let me know ahead of time.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
More awkward than your parents dropping you off and leaving you with a stranger?

You can come over on a weekend day if you can manage your own transportation. let me know ahead of time.
Yea, they probably wouldn't mind that much I think.

Hmmm transportation is hard to get for me and I'm too lazy to get my permit, I would say to meet up at my local library at the 4S commons (yeah my local library has a Wii inside the community room), but the TV has tons of input lag. Though I did heard they have an old TV that can be used that is locked up somewhere, but I never actually saw it.

EDIT:
Hm, maybe it's time for Tony and I to hold another smash-fest in Rancho Bernardo! <3
Yeah, that sounds fun, I'll probably be able to go on a weekend, but not this one too busy. Perfect opportunity for me to play with good people and learn something new.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Good games today guys. I'm glad we got a big turnout, wasn't really expecting that. Unfortunately, Emmet Thursday is a really good day for me to host and it's open for a lot of other players. We'll have to work something else out so you can make it too.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry, but this is more trouble than it's worth. Was gonna come to you to make it easy.
Yea, I'll think about letting you come over. I could still try to find out about that TV at the Library and it's community room is frequently vacant if I remember correctly, but they have a schedule on when it's vacant or not. If they have a cathode ray locked up then I probably can convince them to let me use it, since I volunteered there. This could be the most convenient way or the least convenient, because I can walk there and I wouldn't have to invite anyone to my house, but if they only have laggy TVs then scrap that idea.

Rickety

Peace and Love
San Diego Loves France! <3

Hey everyone, I know that this is really, really, really short notice, but would anyone be interested in playing with Fatality-CC tonight? He's a Smasher from France currently visiting San Diego, and he's staying in Pacific Beach, which is super close to UCSD!

What's more, I'll be driving to play him tonight, so anybody up north who wanted to carpool with me is more than welcome to hop along! <3

Hope to see some of you there! <3

Rickety

Peace and Love
I had such a blast with everyone tonight! Thanks again for hosting, Sizzle! <3

I'm so glad that I finally had a chance to meet Bryant and Luvsic! Also, it was nice getting to play with CJ again!

Thanks, again! <3

Top Bottom