• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
so the 19th sounds amazing

let's get to it

90% of us aren't lame
daaaammmitttt I'm lame :(

Jesse/George, ya'll better represent again cuz I think me and Sunny are both lame with Saturday flights...

If it weren't for Arizona possibly coming, I'd suggest Saturday of first week next quarter...

But it's okay. Irvine still has no chance in a nonranked crew battle even if half of us are missing :)

Heisenberg

Smash Rookie
This certain 'junkimchi' should play against this 'MacD' for some valuable tender.
This would be most exciting.
I'm sure his regional comrades would support him.

SNG

Smash Journeyman
Helloooo, will people who sat in my car for fusion pay me 6 dollars each? (Ky, Jesse, Kevin, Ian)

I probably, wont be going on friday, so can you guys give the money to eric? Thanks. :D

and lets do the tourney first weekend of next qtr. :)

Knee.of.Ky

Smash Apprentice
yee boi
im #1 ranked UCSD
get at me *****es..

also i beat baker in rank on anthony's bday while drunk.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
yee boi
im #1 ranked UCSD
get at me *****es..

also i beat baker in rank on anthony's bday while drunk.
I believe in Knee of Ky.
If you are top dawg at the end of this season, I think your prize should be knee pads.
If Jun is top dawg, we should buy him some kimchi.
If Eric is top dawg, we should buy him a flashlight.
If RadicAndrew is top dawg, we should buy him a rad dreamcatcher.
If Tristan is top dawg, we should buy him the latest issue of Vogue.
If Tom is top dawg, we should buy him a real life bat.
If Sunny is top dawg, we should buy him some Sunny Delight or a Snuggie.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
I believe in Knee of Ky.
If you are top dawg at the end of this season, I think your prize should be knee pads.
If Jun is top dawg, we should buy him some kimchi.
If Eric is top dawg, we should buy him a flashlight.
If RadicAndrew is top dawg, we should buy him a rad dreamcatcher.
If Tristan is top dawg, we should buy him the latest issue of Vogue.
If Tom is top dawg, we should buy him a real life bat.
If Sunny is top dawg, we should buy him some Sunny Delight or a Snuggie.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
...OMG I get Tacos from Tacobell?!!?!?!? (Seriously, that's where my name came from lol. Good days of CS 1.5)

Edit: NOOOOO Coot!

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
We should just all go to Taco Bell... for no good reason.

Crunch wrap supreme mmmmmmm

also, I lol'd at Vogue.

also, I lol'd at the prospect of Sunny being at the top at the end of this

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
We should just all go to Taco Bell... for no good reason.

Crunch wrap supreme mmmmmmm

also, I lol'd at Vogue.

also, I lol'd at the prospect of Sunny being at the top at the end of this
I wish PC had an In N' Out...or a bridge to UTC.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Who is this MacD guy. Some Zelda scrub?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojhTeOTZEbk

No... I'm fairly sure I saw him play Falco against Anthony in tournament... his pillaring was pretty good. I don't think he plays Zelda at all... he always refuses to ditto me :((((((
yes this, if i played zelda, why wouldn't i want to do a zelda ditto????

we call that fear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojhTeOTZEbk#t=50s

T3H F3@R

MacD

also with this
No... I'm fairly sure I saw him play Falco against Anthony in tournament... his pillaring was pretty good. I don't think he plays Zelda at all... he always refuses to ditto me :((((((
mctothecain (10:07:34 AM): i'm being challenged to zelda dittos
DrpeepeeF (10:07:56 AM): by whom
mctothecain (10:11:21 AM): SOME GUY FROM SD
blah blah blah stupid match up
DrpeepeeF (10:14:00 AM): niiiiiice
DrpeepeeF (10:14:01 AM): record it
mctothecain (10:14:09 AM): .......
mctothecain (10:14:10 AM): why
DrpeepeeF (10:14:15 AM): so i can laugh
mctothecain (10:14:17 AM): ......
mctothecain (10:14:20 AM): why would you laugh
DrpeepeeF (10:14:29 AM): you know
mctothecain (10:14:48 AM): cause
mctothecain (10:14:50 AM): ...
mctothecain (10:14:55 AM): zelda dittos are funny?
DrpeepeeF (10:15:06 AM): cause
DrpeepeeF (10:15:09 AM): itd be
DrpeepeeF (10:15:11 AM): worth laughing at
DrpeepeeF (10:15:12 AM): but also
DrpeepeeF (10:15:15 AM): kinda interesting
mctothecain (10:15:28 AM): no
mctothecain (10:15:30 AM): just no

soooooooo yea

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
You know, only SD people can make this fear concept funny. The Irviness and leet make it look dumb.

inb4myytaimandemailhasleetRimadethenamewheniwastwelveandstuckwithitbish

Edit: lol. That video has you vs Cosmo on top of the suggestions. Too good?!

Heisenberg

Smash Rookie
Ah, yes.

FEAR.

The quality that separates the winners from the losers, the champions from the chumps.
Have none of it and you will surely do well.

MacD

this incoming post results from the rest of my convo with PP about you guys, and how you guys wanna improve and stuff

A lot of you guys seem to have the drive and want to get a lot better. I know there is a lot of practicing and stuff that happens and obviously you guys have been getting a lot better, but there is one problem with SD, there is no really good player to help everyone out.

Everywhere else in so cal and most other regions, people learn off of the really good/respected players. For those in SD who aren't that great, they can easily learn from jesse, george, jun, idk whoever else is noticeably better, but those guys i feel could use help. Sure they can get better from playing each other but it'd take a longer time to do so. The easiest way for them (and even others who aren't that great) to get better is to travel and play new people.

SD's never really traveled, and if they do, it was only for a huge tourney (until this weekend). My suggestion to you guys is for anyone who really wants to get good at this game and has the time/ability to, should come up to irvine, or make a trip to play LA people. Irvine is only an hour or so from UCSD which is 100% doable and an easy trip to make for the variety of people to play in irvine (especially considering some people from other regions would die to drive an hour just to play like stab, let alone me zhu and the others we have here). We'd love to play you guys and help you get better if you want to get better.

tl;dr SD is too good and i love the fact you guys are improving, but for those of you who feel like it is hard to improve, feel free to drive up to irvine to play us. It is almost a necessity to play more than the same few from your immediate area to get better. It seems like a lot of you want to get better, but idk how serious anyone is. For those of you who are serious enough to drive to irvine, we'd all love to play you.

this is like the 4th big post/messaged i've shared with people today, i'm on a roll haha

Jun.

Smash Lord
why thank you MacD

seriously though, we have the drive, we just don't commit. Younger guys seem to be changing that. Keep in mind when me, George, Jesse and Eric were playing the game, it was dying/dead. First and second years need to take advantage of the hype right now.

in related news, the club is almost formed!

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
for jun:

Also, if anyone did purchase it during the issues we were having and it has not been applied to your account please PM me or "Virgilijus" with a copy of your paypal receipt and we will manually add your subscription.

Jun.

Smash Lord
I did that, he told me this:

At the moment, we are temporarily stopping Premium Memberships. However, this is temporary (some people were abusing the system); if you did buy premium, you will receive the months. However, we need to look at the vBulletin plug-in to find the problem to automatically uploading.

I do have all of your PMs and have them saved in my PM box.

-Virgilijus

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
jtb mentioned he just pm'd his paypal receipt to virg and got access

try again or try pm'ing mlg_jv

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOL @ pp

And yea, it's great seeing so many people so motivated and getting better. I'm just glad the scene is thriving and melee is so alive at UCSD. Personally, my drive to get better was completely and irreversibly extinguished when I lost a dollar money match to Zhu's ICs in 2005. With Peach... on Mute City... Tip for anyone trying to get better: don't MM Zhu's ICs. It's been almost 6 years and I still remember...

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
Wall of text
Like Jun said, thanks for the input.

One thing to note is: Jesse and Jun (?) are graduating this year while George already did last quarter. While Jun lives in SD, George is rarely around, SK/Simon and PBS don't really play this game, and I dunno about Jesse's smash plans after UCSD. What I'm trying to say is UCSD Smash might be at its prime right now and may start its decline as the class of 2011 graduate. Sure we still have first and second years around to keep the game going, but like you said we lack really good and respected players to guide newer players and graduating only exacerbates the problem.

All you first and second year smashers, you guys are incredibly lucky. I began this game in 08 playing just Eric and his current roommate then I met Sunny and played him like....a total of two times lol. Second year rolled by and I entered my first tourney, WGF 2010. Got ***** by s2j in pools but I remained optimistic knowing that I was still new I could improve and make it out next year! So third year rolled around and I started playing more than four people slowly getting better but, overall, playing less since school work starts to pile on (engineering ftw). I went into WGF 2011 optimistic and left disappointed. Here I am, a person who spent the last 2.5 years becoming the mediocre player that I am today.

I guess I lack the dedication/commitment like Jun said, but I honestly want to get on the same level as Jesse/George/Eric/Sunny etc.

Blah I'm tired. Gonna go take a nap then study for Dynamics quiz X_X

in related news, the club is almost formed!
whoot whoot! Do we get funding/special privileges?!

On a side note: Has anyone signed up for the rec class yet?

Second edit: OMFG JUN IS GREEN

MacD

i figured some of you knew that but it's always good to restate things haha

it's just sometimes people don't realize that it takes traveling and time and stuff to get better, granted i understand college johns and whatnot

but for anyone who is serious about getting better and can travel, they def need to at least go to tournies and play non SD people, and getting practice with other regions is def a big help

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
In my experience college is a better time for working on Smash than post-college life, which can be a bit more complicated with things like trying to make a living, paying off massive loans, and starting a career. High school is probably the best time to get good at a video game though.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
i figured some of you knew that but it's always good to restate things haha

it's just sometimes people don't realize that it takes traveling and time and stuff to get better, granted i understand college johns and whatnot

but for anyone who is serious about getting better and can travel, they def need to at least go to tournies and play non SD people, and getting practice with other regions is def a big help
speaking of getting better, your sibe b's aren't really up to snuff. get practicing.

As for my two cents in the serious discussion: never stop having fun, because then you wont want to play and then you wont get better

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
speaking of getting better, your sibe b's aren't really up to snuff. get practicing.

As for my two cents in the serious discussion: never stop having fun, because then you wont want to play and then you wont get better
hey taco if you're serious about getting better (at least at smash fests and stuff) just ask for pointers when you play people like me, jesse, sunny, that peach guy, etc. we can point out your bad habits and you'll get better pretty much immediately (or at least know what to work on).

i'll be down tomorrow i think, hit me up if you want some advice

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
actually, me and connor discussed new ways to hit people with side b last night

so i am working on it, i got this
i approve. keep me updated since being the #1 macd fanboy i picked up peach. cant wait to get some friendlies against you guys (i had to skip fusion =/)

btw, how do you float without losing your second jump? i cant for the life of me figure it out, and eric doesnt really have any idea either he just does it.

Top Bottom