• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Jun.

Smash Lord
Fly is one of the most grab dependent ic's ive seen.
Its statements like these when I question your posts. Exactly how many IC's have you seen? I don't think Fly is very grab based at all. Especially comparing him to Pat, Boback, or even Wobbles. I recall there being a saying back in the day that "if AznLep grabbed you, you're dead." I don't think I've ever seen Fly do a 0-death chaingrab the same way Pat does.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
Its statements like these when I question your posts. Exactly how many IC's have you seen? I don't think Fly is very grab based at all. Especially comparing him to Pat, Boback, or even Wobbles. I recall there being a saying back in the day that "if AznLep grabbed you, you're dead." I don't think I've ever seen Fly do a 0-death chaingrab the same way Pat does.
lol i've talked to zhu about it. according to him fly's style is basically camp the grab, so i can see where there is merit to his argument. i don't watch enough icies to really know, but seems that way to me too

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
hahahaha.

All I know is that you shouldn't get grabbed by the Ice Climber's.
I don't think there is harm in reducing anti-Ice Climber's strategy to that.
Grab shenanigans are certainly one of the IC's most viable strategies, so I think it is moot to argue about which IC player does what. If they main IC's, they will destroy you if you are not careful.

Playing both Fly and a half sand-bagging Pat in tournament multiple times, I can confirm that both 0-death chaingrab as all good IC's will do. Especially if you suck and can't DI out of the initial throws. I suck and I can't do that. Thus, I have been chaingrabbed to DEATH more times than I have FINGERS and TOES!!! That's not even including the recent Wobble-fest I attended.

So, the lesson is practice your spacing and practice your L-canceling.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
jesse your approach is important too. you can control the stage with your lasers, it's only when you go in they have an advantage in defense. try laser to shine when you get close enough, or just jump shine jump to attack their shield, that way you won't get punished.

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
also jess, if you can shine out of shield, you would **** even harder. seemed like stabs one advantage over you.

maybe fly can do more, but he seemed to make a point of killing with grabs. to the point where i got bored, watching a match with jesse. that is not alright with me.

Jun.

Smash Lord
updated ranks

Sunny > Jesse
David > Eric

Anthony I'm giving you a freebie cause you were effed and it was your bday.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
updated ranks

Sunny > Jesse
David > Eric

"effed" ..? either your mind is still in high school, or youre a girl.. lol

anyways, here's as good a place as any to ask since a couple of you play marvel (i think) .. any team suggestions?! im pretty set on doom and sentinel but i need a third

Jun.

Smash Lord
with doom and sentinel you need a person that can move in with their assists. I'm assuming you're using drone assist for sentinel and missile assist for doom. Use like zero/magneto/dante

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
updated ranks

Sunny > Jesse
David > Eric

**** this. I'm going to beat the **** out of Sunny's ****ing mother****ing ****ing Falco.
I've gotten so ****ing close. That blue feathered **** is going to be lying in its own **** the next time we play.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOW ME YOUR MOTHER****ING MOVES, ****ER!

-Cpt. Falcon, SNG's Falco = #1 Target :mad:

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
**** this. I'm going to beat the **** out of Sunny's ****ing mother****ing ****ing Falco.
I've gotten so ****ing close. That blue feathered **** is going to be lying in its own **** the next time we play.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QFT.

David, props for outplaying me during our actual set. Hella salty :) Our rematch on Friday will be much more exciting. No more firefox out of shield. imma practice the tech :) Also, I won't cp you to Brinstar in our next set.

Because I won't be dropping any matches.

See you then

David.

Oh btw my Falco will also take other challenges besides David as well. Or Fox too. And of course Zelda/ICs. See ya'll on Friday.

Coot

Smash Rookie

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOW ME YOUR MOTHER****ING MOVES, ****ER!

-Cpt. Falcon, SNG's Falco = #1 Target :mad:
What's wrong with this guy?
Jeez.

W.A.S.T.E

Smash Rookie
****ing god damn mother ****ing **** **** pig ****ers with your god damn music ****in teenage bull**** ********** **** god damnit never gonna give you up **** **** **** balls my god you mother ****ing fox player i hate you sunny

-mother****ing jesse god damnit mother ****er #1 bull********

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
****ing god damn mother ****ing **** **** pig ****ers with your god damn music ****in teenage bull**** ********** **** god damnit never gonna give you up **** **** **** balls my god you mother ****ing fox player i hate you sunny

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace

:(

:urg:

:mad:

:reverse:

:awesome:

:yeahboi:

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
with doom and sentinel you need a person that can move in with their assists. I'm assuming you're using drone assist for sentinel and missile assist for doom. Use like zero/magneto/dante
yeah those are the assists im using. zero is pretty sick i like him. i was thinking dante too maybe? i dunno. youre whack because you have it on xbox live lol

>Everyone sucks
>Jesse is everyone
>Jesse sucks
by the transitive property!

MacD

Banned via Administration
well, if SD people aren't lame, i would say the sat after finals

but knowing you lame people, you'd all go home or something lame like that

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
well, if SD people aren't lame, i would say the sat after finals

but knowing you lame people, you'd all go home or something lame like that
its kinda stupid, but our parents want to see us once in a while >> but we should have a triweekly early next quarter. And I'm going to run it god damn it, we cant rely on pat forever

Top Bottom