• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
actually, me and connor discussed new ways to hit people with side b last night

so i am working on it, i got this
Wow what did you come up with? The only times I've hit with it are tech chasing a dthrow near the ledge while facing in, or punishing a rest. It kills puff at surprisingly low percents on smaller stages haha. Besides recovering low and slope shenanigans on Brinstar, I can't really see another use for the bomber :(

that peach guy
or that falco guy, or that falco guy, or that falco guy, or that....

btw, how do you float without losing your second jump? i cant for the life of me figure it out, and eric doesnt really have any idea either he just does it.
you press down and jump

I'm a Reliable Source
yea he's right loool. I looked down at my fingers one day and was like "oh look, I'm holding down while pressing Y. LOOOOOLS"

shaseim4st3r

Smash Journeyman
duddeeeee i wanna get betterrrrrrrr
before coming to ucsd and playing everyone at smashfests the only experience i had with melee was my only other friend who played marth back hom. we learned tech skill together this past summer, and compared to then, i think i've become smarter/better, but i have so muchhhhh to learnn and i ONLY have 3 more years of college so im running out of time :b LOOL

MacD

Banned via Administration
just do it slowly, like hold down, then push x, like super slow

and then practice your full hop, hold down, and x/y whatever

and secret side B usage skills

soccerdrew17

Smash Journeyman
yoooooooooo, its my birthday on monday. i however am not celebrating it on monday, which means its going all day saturday. so if you want to take a shot with me from midnight on friday to midnight on saturday then i wont say no and ill supply the ****ty alcohol

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
yoooooooooo, its my birthday on monday. i however am not celebrating it on monday, which means its going all day saturday. so if you want to take a shot with me from midnight on friday to midnight on saturday then i wont say no and ill supply the ****ty alcohol
ohhhhh **** did someone say drinking?!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Ha. Recall that casual discussion of alcohol consumption is against the global rules, so you need to stop that. Alternatively, you could speak of it in really vague metaphors.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
hey taco if you're serious about getting better (at least at smash fests and stuff) just ask for pointers when you play people like me, jesse, sunny, that peach guy, etc. we can point out your bad habits and you'll get better pretty much immediately (or at least know what to work on).

i'll be down tomorrow i think, hit me up if you want some advice
we should record more too. post it here or in a character forum for critique/advice.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
mango hangover johns...i mean...:X

lol @ ethanol account

i'd be down for a tourney after finals week but i cant guarantee ill make it as of right now... lol

i would actually prefer 3/19 for a tourney but thats just me D:

C2H5OH

Smash Rookie
I'm up for hanging out tonight.
We'll have a good time.

You guys can call me Ethan.

Examples of how you should refer to me:

"Is Ethan going to be there?"
"Who can pick up Ethan?"
"What should Ethan wear?"
"Where could we hide Ethan should the need ever arise?"

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for hanging out tonight.
We'll have a good time.

You guys can call me Al.

Examples of how you should refer to me:

"Is Al going to be there?"
"Who can pick up Al?"
"What should Al wear?"
why can't we call you ethan? that would make more sense...wouldnt it? :p

Jun.

Smash Lord
I heard Ethan is a questionable driver. Other than that I've hung out with him a few times, he's a cool guy. Almost got us kicked out of PB once.

EDIT. rankings updated

Ian DRAW Ky TWICE
Anthony > David
Yuta > Tom

Jun.

Smash Lord
Current Standings

Jun :fox:/:marth: - 1578
Ky :falcon: - 1552
Eric :zelda:/:popo: - 1551
Radical :marth:/:falcon: - 1531
Sunny :falco:/:falcon: - 1522
Tristan :fox:- 1517
Yuta :falco: - 1514
Jesse :falcon:/:luigi2: - 1511
Joe Zhang :falcon:/:falco: - 1498
Ian :sheik: - 1491
Anthony :fox:/:101: - 1488
Miguel :peach: - 1485
Dawson :falco:/:marth: - 1482
David :yeahboi: - 1471
Andwu :sheik:/:ganondorf: - 1470
Baker :jigglypuff:/:peach: - 1457
Tom :falcon:/:ganondorf: - 1454
Kevin :drmario: - 1453
Kelvin :falco: - 1450

Unranked
George :mario2: - 1500
Lanstar :marth: - 1500
Connor (the adult) :sheik: - 1500
Vionce :ganondorf: - 1500

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I thought they did, we just didn't include the SD only tournament because it would have been too difficult

And why wouldn't tournament matches count? That doesn't make sense from a ranking standpoint

Jun.

Smash Lord
people play different characters in tourney matches than their dedicated characters in our ranked matches. And its hard to differentiate who won when which effects the points unless everyone texts me immediately after their tourney matches (which they don't even do normally sometimes)

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
The point of tournament matches counting was to force people to play, because otherwise someone with 1600 points doesn't really want to play someone with 1400 points.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Current Standings

Current Standings

Jun :fox:/:marth: - 1578
Ky :falcon: - 1552
Eric :zelda:/:popo: - 1551
Radical :marth:/:falcon: - 1531
Sunny :falco:/:falcon: - 1522
Tristan :fox:- 1517
Yuta :falco: - 1514
Jesse :falcon:/:luigi2: - 1511
Joe Zhang :falcon:/:falco: - 1498
Ian :sheik: - 1491
Anthony :fox:/:101: - 1488
Miguel :peach: - 1485
Dawson :falco:/:marth: - 1482
David :yeahboi: - 1471
Andwu :sheik:/:ganondorf: - 1470
Baker :jigglypuff:/:peach: - 1457
Tom :falcon:/:ganondorf: - 1454
Kevin :drmario: - 1453
Kelvin :falco: - 1450

Unranked
George :mario2: - 1500
Lanstar :marth: - 1500
Connor (the adult) :sheik: - 1500
Vionce :ganondorf: - 1500
Real Standings:

Jesse - 9999999999999999999999999999999.999999999999

The World- .0000000000000001

Sunny- -123456789.10

Jun.

Smash Lord
The point of tournament matches counting was to force people to play, because otherwise someone with 1600 points doesn't really want to play someone with 1400 points.
actually they do. Cause the person with more points has a lot more to lose while the underdog has a lot more to gain.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly why the person ranked higher wouldn't want to play the person ranked lower...

Edit: I seriously don't understand that rebuttal.

Jun.

Smash Lord
but the person ranked higher is probably better and has a higher chance of winning...? Rarely do higher ranked players deny match requests, its actually the ones who are lower.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
So what, if someone has 1600 points they wouldn't care about getting 1 point. The risk is not at all worth the reward. Which is why tournament matches counting is a good thing.

Jun.

Smash Lord
So what, if someone has 1600 points they wouldn't care about getting 1 point. The risk is not at all worth the reward. Which is why tournament matches counting is a good thing.
if 1600 vs 1400 its +8 win/-24 lose

What I'm saying is that chances are the 1600 player will be better and will most likely win fairly easily and that's why there is point gap between the win / loss. At that point for the higher ranked person its a low risk/low reward scenario. Its all under the assumption of course everyone is playing their best and no one purposely tanked their points to sabotage people which after watching matches no one has done (maybe David who stole like 20 points from me once).

Ranking systems are just like that, the higher you go the harder it is to gain more points. Like leveling up in pokemon/RPG.

In the end if you want your tourney matches to count, ask your opponent and just text me the result afterwards. Jesse and Sunny did a rank match at the tourney and I counted that.

Top Bottom