• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Quick shotouts because I'm working on a stupid term paper:

Azn Lep: Yea man no problem, it's the least we all can do since there's seriously NO Melee smash scene in SD besides San Marcos, the Condo and UCSD, yet you keep it together by throwing us great Triweeklys. I suck at Lumines, haha.

Pnoy: "GET EM RICKY. SEE YA RICKY." Yea, I'm talking to you on AIM right now. My Marth is better than yours. =D

J Flo: Thanks for buying me BK. And thanks for letting me use your steez controller.

Joe: GGs man, way to keep the pressure on with Falcon. You make me realize how much I ****in suck against Falcon.

Leeland: Ugh. Don't ever remind me of what happened. **** Rainbow Cruise. =P

O-SIDE: Boss and Deth, always grand seeing you guys, jokes and such all around. Too bad we didn't play any friendlies.

Judd: Good seeing ya, we should have played some friendlies, bring the rest of the Condo next time, NO JOHNS.

JDM: Always chillin in that little room talking about other games. Fang, Lightning, and Hope ftw.

Legend: Why didn't we play at all? Wish we could have chilled more.

St. Patrick: Haha, totally random seeing you there. Be a G, and start playing Marvel like you wanted LOL.

Guess my shoutouts weren't as short as I wanted them to be. Oh well. GGs everyone.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
@TGL:

I don't know if I would say that I'm more focused on winning, but I do have higher expectations for myself now.

One possible source of my recent frustration is an unwarrented sense of pride. I've been aware of this facet of my personality forever, but have been unable to get over it and I always feel awful when I feel like I let myself down. I would like to develop a better sense of humility, but I have no idea how to go abou doing such a thing.

There's also the possibility that my irritability doesn't fundamentally stem from smash. Honestly, I suspect that this is the case since I've also been atypically moody outside of tourneys lately, but there haven't been any new big sources of stress in my life lately, so I'm not sure why this would be the case.

Ms Gummy

Smash Rookie
Yay I made an account just to write some shout outs to people. :]

MacD: It's always fun to hang out with you. You're probably the person I talk to most besides Joey haha. Keep up the Peach, I noticed you're improving. ^^ Oh & you did well in Teams & against Joey.

Kira: Thank you for the housing! I enjoyed the stay & Abby was freakin' cute. Hopefully you can house us again for another tourney in the future. Plus keep going to tourneys now!

Lovage: Haha I don't usually talk to you for more then a few minutes usually but it was fun to talk to you a bit more lol. Thanks for playing your random characters on my peach. That was fun even though I was wondering what was going on in that movie haha.

Connor: You're so cool to talk too! Thanks for the candy & pokewalker gift thingy. ^-^ Oh & keep up the Dr.Mario.

Johnny: Thank you for the ride to the tourney & back home!

Tafokins: You're so nice! It's cool talking to you again.

AznLep: Thanks for the tourney. & lol at the fact you wrote. You never know.

Zhu: Nice talking to you at dinner. ^^

-Cathy

Kira-

Smash Champion
Oh also Pat.. nice save with the tag discussion we had at dinner LOL

well this tourney was actually really fun for me til i got ***** lol but even then dinner ***** so it was a great day overall :]

After some thinking about my losses from this tourney i believe I've gotten myself into this really bad habbit for my playing style lol I've been here before and I've gotten out of it before. . so I'll see if i can get out of it again. I really hope to see both McCain and kira at champs next weekend to see if i can make a difference :]

kira- your house and dog ****!! if only it wasnt so hot lol it mightve been the best housing ever otherwise. As for our match good **** lol i would assume you tried to waveland F-tilt when you got that random *** smash lol if so the tilt probably wouldve gotten me anyways so GG's ill have to get you next time :] this time i really feel like i learned or remembered a few things from playing you so i'm glad i got to play you. . . . AND DONT STOP GOING TO TOURNEYS!! itd be nice to have a good shiek represent west coast for apex lol especially if we get to do east vs west crews again
I'm looking forward to seeing the new and improved Joey =) Except I'm probably gonna get worked again like I did at R3 -_- Also I agree with Pat.. it's hard to focus with a girl around haha

I really don't know if I'm going to Champs or not... definitely not running away or anything but the previous low turnouts make me not want to go really. also chu happens to be the last person i would want to test my skills against.. ICs are dumb lol. but i kinda want to play brawl despite regretting it every time i enter so we'll see

I would like to develop a better sense of humility, but I have no idea how to go abou doing such a thing.
practice!

ComboFest

Smash Lord
This tourney was so ****.
The dinner afterward was awesome.
It was awesome to play with all of you.
If only i didn't become so nervous at that one match i could have scored a higher place.
GG's to all.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
haha cathy i mean that with no offense

kira and i mutually agreed that having your lady friend at tournament makes you play worse. it's too much pressure AHHH

LegendOfZelda

Smash Apprentice
Tourney was sweet. Thanks for running everything Pat. You always do a great job!

JFlo - Let's **** in teams more. Lemme know when you guys are all in SM, we gotta have some little North County Smashfests or something. I'll use Falcon in teams :D

LHG - I don't wanna **** your Link too hard, ya know? Ha. Nah really, we gotta play more.

Pnoy - Only knees! Maybe a couple stomps and a taunt. It's all I need. Tell me to play Falcon more.

Jack Of Blades - Reppin' that computer practice!

Lovage - Thanks for the tons of friendlies with me and Jack Of Blades on that huge tv. You're a lot of fun to play with. No more 6x uairs to Usmash though. Hope you liked the shine bair :D

SK - I wanna play you more, you ***** me in friendlies :|

Squid - ****, I wanna play you again. Your Falco is pretty sweet.

Maple - SHOW UP NEXT TIME.

Maybe I'll think of more later!

LuCKy

Smash Master
welllll pat, pc won OC3 like a champ :]

i really just believe ive gotten into my lil phase of i wanna play more like mangos fox. . .when really its not my style so im gonna try and bring back my pound fox for even the smallest of tourneys ^^

Kira-

Smash Champion
If only i didn't become so nervous at that one match i could have scored a higher place.
This is why tourney experience >>>>> anything else

except maybe hype MMs. Big MMs (not ur lame $2 ones) probably bring around the same amount of pressure. I'd say $20 at least and a big crowd

D

Deleted member

1-2 dollar money matches are dum

I think 5 is my new minimum now to get me and my opponent to try our hardest but if anything I want to do pride matches so I can improve but nobody really wants to it seems anymore

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
this tourney was pretty awesome, hopin the weekly smashfests happen! nice to meet everyone
and yes im the lurker/guy who attends ucsd haha

Naleek - we definitely need to play more, that bowser is awesome haha
Dok - good doubles matches haha, we'll play more too hopefully
Azn Lep - I want to play you again haha your IC's were beast and gettin lucky from your grabs was interesting haha
Eclipse - really enjoyed our matches, give me battlefield =(
Jun - im quitting goody's cuz im busy haha but your marth in dittos is too good
the guy who brought the portable tv - lets play more! i think if you dusted the rust off you would be ****

Kira-

Smash Champion
1-2 dollar money matches are dum

I think 5 is my new minimum now to get me and my opponent to try our hardest but if anything I want to do pride matches so I can improve but nobody really wants to it seems anymore
I agree, I also like pride matches but during or right after a tournament I'm too tired and want to save it for bracket matches unless it's a match I've been wanting to do for awhile

hmm but my secondaries are all trash so i dont know what kind of pride match i could do with people anymore

I do know i beat connor's doc with my samus in one friendly where i tried really hard. that's about it

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tournament Pat, I was so worried when we met up at the original Venue and some other stuff was going on, but it all turned out ok!

Legend- Thanks for giving me a ride, we need to practice more. I still have bad habits from fighting computers way too much, lol.

Squid- I should really take our matches more seriously, whenever we play in tournament I feel happy go lucky cause you're such a cool guy... mindgame me much? lol jk. Next time will be different >;]

Heycure- Thanks for teaming with me, I love teaming with Ganons if I am Sheik.

ComboFest- Your Falcon is nice, I hope to play you more in the future.

Taco- Good choice of counter pick, and really close third match, I was so nervous.

SK- I hope we play again, and no more SD's. But you figured me out by the end no doubt, lol

St. Pat- Good to see you again man, you still got it. We should team in the future, I think we might have good synergy :]

GSUB- Glad we got to play, it's always a pleasure :]

Jflo- Good to see you again man, sorry if I was acting weird. I was just so out of it after my matches! lol.

Kira- We didn't play at all, and we barley said hi to each other, but really good to see you again anyways. Next tournament we are both at, let's friendly and you can teach me some more Sheik stuff if that's ok.

Lucky- Ah man, we never did friendly, I wanted to play with ya. It's all good though, next time then :]

Lovage- gfjduigcfsvkngjhsxgdf!!!!!!!! you blew my mind away with the crazy techy stuff you did in our bunch of friendlies. ahhhhh I wish I lived near you so you could teach me to be so sexy like that, lol. Our matches were def one of the top highlights for me at this tourney :] <3

Gonna Get *****- You should stick with that name from now on Lanstar, you tend to jinx yourself and do well with it, lol.

Deth- Cool friendlies, you are very smart and very patient.

Judd- Awesome Puff, and Fox too. I learned a thing or two just from our couple of friendlies :]

Squidster

Smash Ace
Good tourney... I feel like I'm getting there

Fly - Despite what everyone says, you're kind of fun to play against. Good tourney set.
s2j - Good tourney match, was close. Nice 4 stocking me in that friendly @.@
lovage - Playing you was fun too. Sucks about your controller...
zhu - Got your confidence back yet? lol good job
macd - Thanks for the ride / fun matches.
kira - Awesome job at this tourney.
combofest - Woo fun friendlies
anto - You're samus is funny, you've got this. The heart of the uni challenge imo with your ranged attacks
jdm - You're so technical!
jackofblades - haha yeah our matches are definitely too much fun to be serious
stab - close $0, best 13/25 MM.
gsub - you crazy. Looks like you're doing good. I didn't really play you at this tourney. Looking forward to the next time we meet in bracket.

i'm terrible with names -- other people i played in tourney -- good matches

and on the girls discussion.... all these problems could be solved by having girlfriends enter tournaments / get into melee.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Short shout outs just cause

lucky- we are too broken for so cal
cathy- i love how you made and account, and super cute avi
kira- once i master wavedash back it's done
zhu- i think i did the best against you compared to everyone else you played... one day i'll make it actually close and stuff
pat- i wanna enter the GF tourney!!!!!! if mango dresses up in his halloween costume, that should count
johnny- let's just play friendlies!!!!
lady gaga- you are the reason i beat lucky on FoD
lovage- IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!
connor- get ***** by zelda
people i gave rides to- it was fun
SD peeps- good to see you all
pnoy- you dissapeared when singles started, like i didn't see you much after that

my head hurts, i give up

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Zhu - thanks for doing the podcast
Kira - Nice job running a train in losers (y)
MacD - We really need to practice teams man
Fly Amanita - don't let this get ya down fly!
Azn Lep - Fun MM. You're my fave socal TO. I could learn a thing or two from you
Lovage - Thanks for being the interviewer dude for the podcast
LuCKy - I'd be mad if I got fsmashed -> faired too. You got this next tourney lol
Connor - Your doc is pretty legit
S2J - you almost had that vs Dave =O
SK - blargh, I wanted to MM you but I forgot lol
Lanstar - not a bad job at this man. You john for your opponent a lot. odd.
Tafokints - fun matches in tourney!
Pnoy - you're such a funny guy lol
GSUB - I like that ledge hop rest on that marth. Glad to see you're not SLIQ
PBS - I wanted to MM you but it slipped my mind
Squid - I need to play you more for that falco ditto exp
LHG - Your link is goooood
JackOfBlades - You're definitely getting better lol
Jun - Nice to meet ya'
Eric Ding - nice comeback match 2 in bracket lol
JDM - suuuuuup
Rei - go to more tournies!!!!
Judd - ggs in dubles man
BokNaleek - crazy bowser haha, ggs
Antopark - MacD 3-0ing kira is a scary joke
Combofest - Fun teaming with you. We got this next time.
Deth - We should play more. Your samus is legit lol
theBOSS - i didn't see you much at all at this

D

Deleted member

Almost winning is super gay... 'almost' defines a lot of my life :(

but i guess almost getting there is a lot better than sucking completely :)

shoutouts:

Kira: Thanks for housing. Abbey ***** but I think she thought I was her blanket for sleeping lol. I'll get you next time in tourney! :)

:):)My car: sorry for endangering your lives on Friday night..that's the risk you gotta take when you drive with me! :):)

Lucky: sorry for almost killing you twice :(. love u for being a smash legend :)
Cathy: sorry for almost killing Lucky :(
Tafo: you rule! Top 5 in nicest people I know :)
Oscar: sorry about the controller and being a little pissed for a dumb reason :(

Azn_Lep- thanks again for the tourney.. best non-regional I ever been to :)
Zhu- nice to see ur back and ****** :)
MacD-I am always down to do friendlies. You and I always have close matches. One thing I notice though is that when you are extremely nervous or put into a tough spot you will always roll into the opponent. You and I both got decent at the game so fast but ur always one step ahead of me :)
Pnoy-I got pretty lucky against your Marth, don't think you shoulda changed... I love the way you play though lots of style :)
Squid- gaayyyyyy falco lol. You almost got me in both matches though but I think you were nervous :(
Lanstar- nice marth, I'm not looking forward to playing you in tourney :)
PBS- congrats on turning into a falcon brother :)
Stabbed-your improving like crazy but sadly your falco's style is gay :(

--

MacD

looks like i'm going to have to dedicate my 3000th post to making sure i beat you next time dave

I hearby decree that I shall not lose to kira next time we play. And when our match of zelda vs samus happens I vow that i shall never ever lose!!!!

ps by me decreeing it that means it's a law, which means if you win, be ready to face the consiquences... and i'm sure you can guess what those might be ;) then again who knows, maybe you'll get off easy

also johnny, you shoutout now makes more sense, stupid sheik!!!!!!!!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I really don't want to lose to McCain! I'd never hear the end of it from Cameron who is like 21-0 against him
Cameron sucks, quit, plays WoW, and would get ***** by McCain now. whatever he says is invalid forever.

MacD

hopefully norcal the 1st
tourney play the weekend of the 8th/9th
i'm assuming champ's the 15th but i'm gone so i don't care
probalby uci 22nd
stab's 29th

take your pick

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
is there a tournament for every weekend in may? if so i might just put off the next one till june
yeah i think theres a one at UCI on may 22nd (maybe?)..or something.matt is aiming for a tournament that day at least.GREV is the following weekend i think(?).dont bank on what i say though,im just going off of what people bring up randomly

Kira-

Smash Champion
then again who knows, maybe you'll get off easy
oh i figured that's what the consequences were

Cameron sucks, quit, plays WoW, and would get ***** by McCain now. whatever he says is invalid forever.
cameron is the man, you puny little kid should know better than to talk to him that way. You gonna hate on him after all the fun times you had with him?

my bowser beat camerons ness
that is impressive because our combined nessi beat mangos fox multiple times lol

is there a tournament for every weekend in may? if so i might just put off the next one till june
June 12 is the best. Weekend right after all the UCs are done with school! BIG triweekly. Hulk smash
I would have made the arcadian tourney that day but alas, it was taken

Top Bottom