• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

_jFK

Smash Rookie
yo, thanks for the great tournament location and to everyone I played, saw, or spoke with.

Unfortunately I left my Gamecube at the tournament and when I returned the whole ballroom scene was wrapping up. If the tournament hosts, or anyone, have seen an unclaimed blue gamecube with green tape on the bottom i'd gladly retrieve it at the next triweekly

if not, oh well

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
While ur at it, why not donate to the United Afghani College Fund. I heard Edrees' winnings in smash just barely cover room and board, so it would be nice if you guys could help out with his tuition. If he stiill hasn't graduated from with a Bachelor's from UCSD by the year 2090, I will pay ALL of his fees from then on. Deep Socal promise.

Rickety

Peace and Love
My Shoutouts are still on the way, but they're so big that I'm putting them on a Word document! :-P

In the meantime though, in the tradition of making 5 minute rush job banners and advertisements, I give you:

New Harmony Banners! :]
My skills aren't nearly as pro as Nicky/Petite, but since she's swamped with school work at the moment, I made two banners as a temporary replacement until she makes a pro one again! :]

But first, a history lesson:

The original 5 minute rush job banner :]
Asp, Adonis, Doodles, SA2Jeff, Jon619, LHK, Paul Mitchell, Rickety, Romeo619, RR, SA3Tony

The Nicky banner!
Jon619, SA3Tony, Asp, Rickety, Vietgamer1021, Doodles, Romeo619, SA2Jeff, Paul Mitchell

This banner was and still is amazing, but since then we have added two new members, Paul has gone to boot camp for the next few months, and the Condo wants to be its own branch again (no worries, though, we're still friends!<3)

So until Nicky makes a real banner, I give you:

To add a banner, just put in the following in your signature, but put a bracket [ before the "IMG" part :

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/meyoulou/HarmonyBluecopy.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v401/meyoulou/HarmonyRedcopy.jpg[/IMG]

enjoy! <3

hearts and harmony,
rickety

P.S. I want Zack and Issac! <33333

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
whoo for Harmony RED!!

btw i got a haircut so my hair isnt like how it is in the banner now. but i still like how it came out!

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
it has to come to my realization....

that im horrible against Sheik players. anyone wanna MM a sheik vs. my marth?

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Thanks for that mini last minute smashfest Rick and Tony. I know you had studying to do, but it was fun and I needed it. I've been really tense lately (almost to the point of being angry) and SSBM is nice to release tension.

Speaking of which, it's worse today. Does anybody want to smash today? Please?

EDIT: Hey Pat (Azn_Lep), whenever you get on AIM, could you tell me how you made your banner? I'd like to make one like that using Ganon, and would appreciate some help =P

bbbooster

RAINBOW FLOWER MEGA CANNON
Super Belated Shout-Outs Yeaaahhh!! xD

YESS. First tournament win!! ;D

Ricky<3 - Congratulations on hitting the 80 mark!
You know you can count on me for any more help you need <33

Tony - Good job not goin' emo this time. And getting 17th place. :p

Mark A - Nice Luigi! Such close matches, eh!?

WTF - Good matches, too! Man, we were at the edges of our seats, as they say!!

PH - That Samus is waaay impressive. When'd you get so good?? You totally schooled me! ^_^''

Arash - Are you ready to face me on pokemon WiFi!?!?
(LOL you're more ready than I am...)

Nice job at the tournament! Lol, loved watching the G&W ditto.

The rest of the Pro's Crowd - Thanks very much for coming all the way over here! You guys are great!!

ASP - Yay for DDR! I thought they were gonna make a tournament out of it, but I think I'm glad they didn't, lol!

Doodles - Isn't it fun watching Tony play Dance Dance? xD!

Will - Woohoo! I'm like, the directions person. @__@ I would've never seen myself in that position a year ago, lol. Anyway I'm really glad you made it!!

Hah, I'm still laughing about "wobbling the hot chocolates"! :D

Bone - I like saying "totally," dangit! :mad:

:( lol

St. Patrick - Let's have a Heroes-watching session :3 It's too good!

Edrees - That was real noble of you and azn lep to organize that 18-people payment at denny's! Very admirable actions for such a messy situation. Anyway, I hope your leg feels better :(

(LOL razzdango...)

What a great triweekly! It will not be easily forgotten. SD Looove!

PS: Team Harmony - I wanna make the banner either by spring break or soon after, and I want to make it extra good! I'm very busy, but making the banner is definitely still in my "to do" list! :)
Unless.. you guys want the banner 'til later? Ricky's banners own o_o

bbbooster

LOL how long were you not bored for? 5 mins? :p

Where do you live again? Maybe I can o_o
If anything goes on, that is.

Spring Break is next week OMG

bbbooster

On the quick reply, did you check the box "show your signature"?

EDIT: Isn't the third full week of March next week? :p

If anything goes on this Friday, we'll talk about ride stuff. If you want.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
His AIM doesn't work on his comp.

EDIT: If you want to communicate stuff to him, I can contact him on Google Talk and pass along your messages.

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
omg rickety. i thought you were gonna smash with me, romeo and edrees today?

oh well. we had some funny matches today too! who knew Falco's Bair could spike on Battlefield? lol

edit: so whens the next triweekly date? just to let Edrees/Rickety kno beforehand that if its too close to april 17 i wont be able to make it.

edit2: Teh Fire

araknophobik

Smash Master
dayum this trick gets 3rd at some tourney and all of a sudden he thinks he's the best in the world

C'MON FABIAN GET REAL WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE KIDDING MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN
hoe, dont you know that
i trap all day
play all night
this is the life of a
the life of a
go getta...

naw on the real, boss and i **** in teams
triweekly should be easy
and no little asian kid is gonna stop us

Rickety

Peace and Love
^ San Diego Love?

---

Anyway, recently, I stumbled upon a site called "Smash-Mex", which is essentially the hub of the Mexican smash scene, and I got to talking with some people from Tijuana and Mexicali, and I was thinking about going to play with them, but I don't wanna go by myself!

Anyone wanna come with me? Cao and I were originally gonna go to a tournament in Mexico, but plans fell through :-/ Anybody interested in becoming an International smasher? :-P

---

Also, Wayland/Poser Hater/Bonchinator has challenged Team Harmony to a 4 on 4 crew battle! :]

So, at the next Harmony tournament, they will get their wish :]

I want this team to fight them:

SA3Tony - Falcon
Saint Patrick - Ganon
Asp - Mario
Vietgamer1021 - Donkey Kong

Not as an insult to them, but only because you rarely see these character's in crew battles. Besides, Patrick's Ganon is tight!

ALSO! While Team Harmony waits for other crews to fight us, we should totally pull a Capcom Fighting Jam and fight ourself!!

Harmony Red vs Harmony Blue

Red:
SA3Tony
Asp - Mario
Jon619
Romeo619
SA2Jeff

Blue:
Vietgamer1021
Saint Patrick
Doodles
Bone
Rickety

Harmony 619 vs Harmony 858

619:
Romeo619
Jon619
Bone
Rickety*
SA3Tony*

858:
SA2Jeff
Asp
Doodles
Vietgamer1021
Saint Patrick

* Since there are only three 619 Harmony members, and since Rickety lived in Paradise Hills/National City until his first year of High School, Tony and I will fight for 619!

Also, Bone and I were talking about how there seems to be an age gap in Harmony between an older set of players, and a younger set of players, so we thought, why not try:

Harmony Junior vs Harmony Senior!

Junior:
Vietgamer1021
SA3Tony
Saint Patrick
Romeo619
Asp

Senior:
SA2Jeff
Rickety
Bone
Jon619
Doodles

Hmmm, the Junior part seems to have better tech skill than us old guys :-(
(Case in Point: Asp's crazy combo Mario vs Rick's Downsmash-happy Doc)

Who's up for it?? These crew battles sound like fun! And who knows, maybe we'll like it so much we can start doing Harmony A-M names vs N-Z names, Aries vs Taurus, yu-gi-oh lovers vs pokemon enthusiasts, WoW vs Maple fans, a world a possibilities!

<333 hee!

San Diego Love,
Rickety :]

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
those crew battles sound like great ideas.

and id be happy to go down to mexicali with you and become international smashers. just let me kno when.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
We need to have weekly crew sessions. Like you said Rick, Ken said that his crew met 3 times a week every single week (obviously that's unrealistic, but I bet we could manage once a week). If people would offer their houses up since I'm sure Rick and Tony don't want to use their house every single time, we could get a rotation going! I know my parents would let me (I'll ask them if I can have some people here tomorrow night if we wanna smash), so get in the game Harmony.

I've been watching some Japanese Ganons. I need my Ganon to be even tighter. Tighter than...well. Too much for smashboards. Let's just say, pretty **** tight.

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Those sound like awesome crew battles. We need to do those, NAO!

We really need to meet over the weekend.... I need to up my Mario skillz....

Against Sheiks and Marths plz.

Let's play!!!

Top Bottom