• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Well that was loads of freaking fun. PC Ballroom was so nice.

Shoutouts:

Team Underdog: I was afraid you guys were going to go all the way despite my partner and myself defeating you guys in the first match. Good job :psycho:

Giza: Close Ganondorf/Link match. Your U-air spikes man... just couldn't see them coming. :)

Nocturnal/PNOY: "Communication." It works, right? :laugh:

And I guess... that's it? Yup, see you all next triweekly! w00t!

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
So here I am, running off of 4 1/2 hours of sleep...went to bed at 2:30, got woken up by this MASSIVE ****ing fly at 9. Then had to do yardwork. So....let me see if I can get through my shoutouts.

Rickety -- Dude, I'm so bummed we didn't get to do the crew battle! Next time =P

Edrees -- Your name is spelled e-dar. k.

Pat -- Wobbling is DIRTY ****! But, it won't be banned until you start winning, so...keep on wobbling. Oh yeah, and our day of Irish goodness is coming up. Call me sometime and we'll hang out outside of Smash. You and squish is good people =P If only he made it to more of these.

Vietgamer -- Shiny. Golden. Nipples. Anger release. That is all.

Tony -- Man, you got too good. You know my style and you've gotten much better, so I can't touch that now. Good job dude.

Boss -- What's this, first tournament in months that I haven't ended up playing you? Haha, your team with Kira was too **** good. That was good ****.

Ken -- Thanks once again for gracing San Diego with your presence, and for the Ganon tips. I know how much you don't like friendlies since they bore you, but I have fun with our Ganon dittos.

Manacloud -- I realize I've still never played you before. Maybe I'll catch you at your birthday in two weeks. Unless I'm grounded, I'll be there.

Bone -- Man, we only got to play once, and when we were both tired! We have to play sometime soon.

Jeff -- Same goes for the above, but not when we were tired. Just not warmed up haha.

Romeo -- New teammates baby! Got some real potential there. Let's start workin on our teamwork, and I bet we'll start doing pretty **** well in teams.

Jon -- Falco+Ganon is too good!

I think that's it, but I may be missing some. If I am, cry more and I'll get you in there.

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
Last night was AWESOME. Too bad the crew match didn't go down last night, though.

Allen - Good matches. I didn't think I could hang on after that first match. Hope to play your fox again in the future.

Romeo - lol too good, dude. I can tell you're ranked 10th in socal for a reason.

Deth - GGs. You got a lot better since last triweekly. Samus is too good :laugh:

Zephyr - Quickness FTW. I had fun playing against your fox. Hope to play you again in the future, dude.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Wow. This Triweekly was freaking awesome. Both on a scale of fun AND turnout. 80 PEOPLE!!!

Shoutouts-

Dave- That Doc almost had me. I had a lot of fun with our matches. Cape FTW!

Guy I played first match (Sorry!)- I apologize for any u-air spamming. Keep on coming to these and you'll always improve!

ASP- WTF was I doing, LOL. Fun games.

Cacho Libre- Those were pretty fun matches. Sheik is a *****. =P

Cameron- Yes, Marth's grab goes through Link's up-B. That matchup just got a whole lot more twisted. XD

Keng- Dude, your Luigi and Samus are too f'ing good. And LOL @ my beating your Samus on Dreamland. What happened? I'm sure you'll beat me next time.

Vietgamer- Don't sweat it, man. Just don't play me with space animals ever again and you'll win. ;)

Rickety- Your Marth is too tricksies for me. GG's. This Triweekly was too good, congrats on hitting 80!

Edreace: Don't you just love it?

Tony- We never got our rematch! Next time...

Romeo- **** is the word. I never even stood a chance against that Peach. Maybe next time we'll get that MM in.

J Flo- Your Samus is pretty good, hope we can play again at the next Triweekly.

BXN- Yes, nothing involving me matters. To you.

Will- Y. Link and Pichu are too good.

Arash- Ganon is fun to play, no? GG's.

PH- Next time we'll try to team. >_>

Bone- Thanks a million for that ride. Can you beat Jeff for second-best Peach? Who knows...

Kyle- Sheik? *****. Haha, JK. Those were pretty close matches, I had fun.

Wow, I got really good at this Triweekly for some weird reason. Whatever, I had a blast. Too bad that crew battle didn't happen (I'm looking at YOU, UCSD!). My cat's attacking me now, so I g2g. To anyone I couldn't get, sorry. Later, SD!

EDIT: 858th post! YAYUHZ!

Rickety

Peace and Love
San Diego Triweekly XII Results

Wow! San Diego Just loves breaking records, doesn't it? :]

Singles Entrants:
Triweekly X: 51
Triweekly XI: 69
Triweekly XII: 80

80 people??? Craziness! <3

Doubles was so stressful to run, so much so that I was contemplating not running these anymore, but since singles went so smoothly, it made me happy again :]

Thank you to everybody that came today, and especially those who brought TV's :]

RESULTS!

1: Ken
2: Chu Dat
3: Arash
4: Edrees
5: Jon619
5: Manacloud
7: The BOSS
7: Romeo619
9: SA2Jeff
9: Bone
9: Zephyr
9: Kira
13: Zack353
13: Rickety
13: Dave1000
13: JFK
17: Moses
17: Giza
17: Doodles
17: Azn Lep
17: Keng
17: Beej
17: Adonis
17: SA3Tony
25: Shwin
25: LHG
25: Mark A
25: Asp
25: Kyle F
25: Deth
25: Tp_Fox
25: Veg
33: Wang
33: Saint Patrick
33: Peter Keng
33: Rage
33: Kyubi
33: Judd
33: Pcis
33: Jinn
33: Chris M
33: Vietgamer1021
33: Eddie Lee
33: Jflo
33: Marvin
33: Napster
33: PH
33: Bruce
49: What the F
49: Jessica
49: Pnoy
49: Shaun
49: Blayne
49: Alan
49: Ian
49: Sang
49: Will
49: Anto
49: Ronald
49: Brandon
49: Andy
49: Charles
49: Juice
49: GeoMaster
65: Petite
65: Corey
65: BXN
65: Armando
65: Bricks
65: Boogaloo Mark
65: Jason
65: Kiut
65: Cacho Libre
65: PAC
65: Mark N
65: Raymond
65: Noob?
65: Exclamation Mark
97: Brian
97: Tuan

1: Ultimate Sanchez (Ken + Arash) ($0.00)
2: Manachu (Manacloud + Chu Dat) ($0.00)
3: Team Yoshi Story (Bone + Zack353) ($0.00)
4: Falcon Punch (Edrees + Azn Lep)
5: Boss n Kira (The BOSS + Kira)
5: Jackpot (Asp + Doodles)
7: Peace and Love (Jon619 + Rickety)
7: Team Underdog (Oops! + Pha)
9: Over 9000 Spartans (Romeo619 + Saint Patrick)
9: Team Arggghhhhh (Veg + Deth)
9: Kyle Moses (Moses + Kyle F)
9: Juice + JFK (Juice + JFK)
13: Team Dirty (Eddie Lee + Peter Keng)
13: RSDA (SA2Jeff + LHK)
13: Team Argo (Jaime + Mark)
13: Sojubomb (Beej + Sanng)
17: Dont Even Trip (Mark N + Anto))
17: GG (Jinn + Chris M)
17: Team Holy Crap! I didnt know we needed a team name
17: Team DOP (Kiut + Andy)
17: Team ATL (PAC + Kim)
17: AT (Charles + Pat)
17: Ernie Rays Jr (LHG + Pnoy)
17: Trap Card (BXN + VIetgamer021)
25: Team SSB (Eun Kin + David)
25: 1000 Wangs (Wang + Dave1000)
25: Alpha Delta (Ben Lee + Diego)
25: Team Kenny (KC + Kenny)
25: Team TOSS (Kahn + Kevin)
25: Team Six (Kajombo SNKnight)
25: Baha Grill (Geo Master + Giza)

I will send the bracket to Neal so he can put it on tia right away! :]

I'll do shoutouts later, but,

Harmony Denny's is LOVE! <333

love,
rickety

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
For anyone that I miss, I'm sorry. I'm as much of a noob at shoutouts as I am smash.

Nicky - Directions, thank you so much. I probably would've driven my tank to empty before I had gotten there if you hadn't helped. We still haven't played in awhile, Team Melody practices FTW!

Keng - I felt I did better this time, but I can tell your Luigi's gotten better, and your Samus definitely has prime potential, hope to see (be defeated in the first round by) you at the next Triweekly!

Ricky - Random friendlies, Marth dittos, and loud voices. Did you and Ken ever have your money match? I didn't see it happen if it did. Clown Control FTW! :D

St. Pat - ...sheik... lame. Too bad man. Your Ganon was looking good though!.

Doodles - <3333333333 your Link, lots of good friendlies, though you're making me want to play Link now, and I'm having enough problems deciding a main </3

Zephyr - About time we met. Had lots of fun with our friendlies, your fox is asd;lfnkasdfa;lsknda;lsnkfa;slnf good, just make sure to ban Rainbow Cruise, LOL! Trash tier matches FTW! I'm going to quote you somewhere, "God's awesome, game over." I like that :3

Vietgamer - Falco ditto ****, hope you got some frustration out. We need to have an eating contest money match! Maybe someday we'll find a money match in rubix cube, LOL.

ASP - Mario's first 0-death combo! Best comeback that I saw the entire evening, your Mario is too good.

Chu+Arash - Some of your matches on the big screen were hilarious, the wobbling and rest combos were fantastic, and what did Jiggly get up to? low 500s?

Kyle - Where the eff was Kiut?! Ah well, good matches (both tournament and multiple friendlies), and you've got a great Young Link, you should main him! ;O

Tony - Your Falcon is wicked good, what do you need Fox for? KNEE OF JUSTICE! :D

Edrees - Your Peach kicks major ***, so does your Y. Link. It was rad finally being able to meet you.

BOSS+Arash - Bowser vs. Roy on Green Greens, best match of the day.

Everyone else - It was an awesome Triweekly, huge, chaotic, and lots of fun. If we could get that many TVs/Cubes for a smashfest, that'd be so excellent. Maybe toss in a Low Tier tournament or something nuts like that ;D

Sorry if I missed anyone! If anyone in RB, Poway, or anywhere around that wants to play (aka help me with my technical skill, beat the snot out of me), give me a call, I've posted it here enough times.

Arash

Smash Lord
this triweekly was so fun, especially with the other games (gunstar heroes!)

edrees - close match as always, though i'm sure you'll get revenge-sies next time:) 2 death turnips and a bomb in one match, and you wonder why people call peach cheap:) lol good ish on banning brinstar though

chu dat - lol you got your revenge from last time, though brinstar is too good:) and next time you should kill me instead of wobble-ing me to 500% and then dying before me:)

ken - 3 stocked me twice, i don't know how to beat you and i probably never will, but you're still the best teammate ever!

mike - too close vs edrees, i'm sure you'll get him next time though... and stop suiciding:)

zephyr - ganon is too good, one day i'll be the best ganon in socal, just you watch...

rickety - good **** hosting the biggest triweekly ever for 3 weeks in a row

pat - luigi is indeed not low tier! though whether or not he beats ICs, i still don't know for sure

boss - you were on fire dude! you shoulda won more matches than you did though:( bowser is top tier though, there was nothing you could have done about it

kira - all that teaming with jiggs practice paid off i guess:) thanks for driving, and don't worry you'll be feared all over socal sooner than you know it

guitar hero 2 finalists - holy crap you guys are good

everyone else i forgot - thanks for coming:)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
=)

that was a nice venue. I would be nicer if oc3 had a venue like that. Everyone i played good matches. see everyone at my bday biweekly =). Oh yeah everyone i play when i use samus i use the extended grapple not to be cocky but i think its just wierd and funny.

ASP

Smash Apprentice
Whoo. Too much fun. The venue was so awesome, its just too bad we weren't able to do our crew battle. =/ Let's see if I can do my shoutouts.

Edrees - Too funny man. I just played VP2, i suck at it. You have to teach me how to be pro at it! Nice job on another tourney! Even when you're not at the triweekly, you're organizing the money at Denny's! Thanks for that.

Azn_Lep - Fox and marth dittos. They're my best characters. Thanks to you for Dennys also.

Zack - go get tetris now. And stop playing dirty. Up smashing out of your shield..... XD

Kira - You're too cool. It was a fun friendly we had, and next time, don't sandbag!

Arash & Chu - Doodles adn I will challenge you to a gunstar heroes speed run anyday.

Zephyr - I owned you. Who taped that match by the way? I would really like the footage. =D

Will - We need to play! I still havent played you.

Boss - GGs. Your puff is getting soo good.

Nicky - Master at DDR. I swear, I'm just too good for MAX300

Rickety - Islands is always the way to do. Denny's has too much, non food time.

Tony - Netbattle is to funny. That guy actually did forfiet after you left. CHeater. We still need to do our 20 cents money match!

Jon -We bowl strikes, all night, you know this.... BOWLIN! For cereal.

Jeff - SC fool. Right now.

Bone - Dang, too god in teams. Especially with your awesome controller.

Patcrick - E dar dee...... Geez, whenever I think about it I laugh. Soo funny.

We gotta do this again. This gamefest was too good! Sorry if I left anyone out...

vietgamer1021

Smash Journeyman
San Diego, California (being bored, so I'm going t
oc3 should be in SD

rick, patrick (azn lep), and edrees: nice venue for this awesome triweekly, and it was nice helping out with the tourney also XD man dennys was pretty cool, but i wish islands was open though...

rick: i need more mindgame and DK practice and ill give you tech skill and marth practice *winks, nudges* now lets do the exchange...lol i need to practice more though, and i need to go to more tourneys (i wanna go to kens 2weekly though) but then well get wat we both need!

nicky: i didnt play u at all though, but we shouldve played pokemon and held a pokemon tourney as part of the gamefest XD but i guess netbattle can do for now...

tony: why didnt you bring your yugioh cards? we couldve pulled something off at dennys while waiting about an hour for our food XD o well i still need to practice my falcon though

will/nightblade: dont worry, get those SHFFls down and youll play a lot better, u should learn how to cube, and ill prep for that eating money match XD

giza: wow u picked up captain falcon, dang we should falcon ditto more now, but i wanna play ur ganon

jeff: it was nice seeing you and the rest of condo again, but i wish we couldve played more matches though, but ill play with u all later

zephyr: we noe how every match with us is going to turn out, its sooo boring... but my DK wins XD

ASP and doodles: thx for the ride, but i think u got me sick now XD, cameron, i want a burn deck now XD, andrew we hafta beat jon and patrick in teams and tennis them!

bone: nooooooooooo that match was soooo UGH. o wellz, ull always be better than me, but dang those matches were really close, and u and zack pwned noobs in teams for 3rd place (w00t)

zack: me really technical? dang ur more technical than me though but i need more fox training with you

st patrick: dang we had bad times at the triweekly, but we vented it out by kicking the crap out of each other XD

boss: dang u did good in teams with kira, wow i need to play ur jiggs more. our friendlies teams with azn lep and zack were really cool and funny though XD

blarg

best 3weekl;y evah

but we shouldve done the crew battle so me and pat could release our anger, but i guess well do it some other time?

o yeah if the next 3weekly is on the 31st of march, i cant go

im bored now

ill post other stuff later

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I think I remember reading something about it being in April...please?

EDIT: Are we gonna get any vids up?

Slider619

Smash Journeyman
so many people at this tri. SD is too good. man i was really hoping for that UCSD vs. harmony crew battle too.

Rickety: Peace and Love needs to work on countering teams that have jigglypuffs. i noticed that both teams we lost to have that. and sorry for always team killing :( we gotta team more! i kno we'd do so much better if we had more practice.

Adonis: i kno youre a lot faster than that. next time let me see it. you were beating me at the last triweekly too.

St. Patrick: sorry my friend moses did that to you. next time just camp him with lasers. thats what i do.

BOSS: if you had gone jigs on yoshi's story i mightve lost that match. i play Romeo too much im really good against space animals.

Bone: thanks for showin me the way to the freeway. and i could see you swervin in the lane. you mustve been pretty tired.

jeff: our matches are always so close. my marth has the hardest time against floaters. and i cant believe that one girl was like 30 or somethin. she was old. wtf was she doin sleepin at dennys? i got some change for you too and my $10. ill get it to you at the next tri.

azn Lep: "im glad the food isnt taking forever to get here" :laugh: we waited how long for a meal that lasted like 15 mins.

Edrees: that mini sword toothpick thing will come back to haunt you as soon as im good enough to beat you. :ohwell: which i hope is some time this year

asp and doodles: i hate you guys. LOL double rest in teams was just LUCK!! Harmony HALO!!! come oon!!! man i was so ready too. also, BA DE YA! say that you remember :laugh:

the rest of SD: its always good seeing you guys. im glad we've improved as a smash community.

Ken, Mana, Kira, Arash: watching your matches is always good. glad the elite 4 of socal can come down to SD every so often.

I got lucky. That was all.

Rickety

Peace and Love
This is TONY:

GG everyone, i wanna do shout outs, but im too tired....

ASP- We pwn n00bs at DDR. Ill take your money next tri weekly, or next bi weekly if you and doodles are able to go.

Doodles- Your amazing singing voice........you and Jon should make a band XD

Adonis, Viet gamer, zack, romeo619- I got pwned by ur guyzes falcon. Ill pay you for some training.

Mana- Thx for the controller, see u b day biweekley.

Ken- Next time in a tourniment match, plz go marth : ). Shiek is gay.

Jeff- Its time to eat, not talk about smash. I wish i could have beat you down in smash yesterday, but i was busy pwning some n00blets.

Will- can u send me a link to the site for maple story hacking, im too stupid to remember.

Zephyr- I wanna play you!

JFK- Dam, you got good, taking out my best charecter. I call rematch wit falcon ; )

Giza- Funky hit boxes in smash bros. Puyo pop and sonic the fighters FTW. I call remtach, Fang V.s. Bean.

All my other SD hommies, thx for comming. If i didnt give you a shout out, i didnt forget....im just too lazy to think of something to say for everyone.

Rickety- Thx for bringing me bro. o yea, congrates on ur first touney win nicole.

btw.....this is Tony

Kick

Smash Apprentice
i didnt get to play as many friendlies as i wouldve liked, but i doubt 10 hours would be enough =P.

good tourney. no offense, but little disorganized, hit me up if you need administrative help, i live in ERC, but am willing walk to sixth (by walk i mean take the shuttle)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
haha you know what's awesome, since it was daylight savings time from 1:00am - ... 3:00am, I guess, it took us from 1:40am-3:02am to settle the bill at dennys LOL.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
thanks to everyone i played. that was sooo much fun
that was my first tourney and i got a lot better... mainly after the tourney matches, in which i sucked... gahh shoulda won at least one more set.
and yes! i grabbed doodles with marth while he was up-B ing - that was awesome
and i really need to learn how to play peaches... bones ***** me in a friendly and he was like half asleep... and i almost got knocked out by a peach player too...
armando - cant believe i missed that last rest.

probably wont be able to make another triweekly for a while.... ****, i will try to, but i wont get another spring break for a while.... so anyone who lives near la jolla... IM me (wuthefwasthat) or call me... (858-405-1376).... if u wanna smash sometime.
and im getting closer to deciding on a main... narrowed it down to more like.. 7 or 8 now..

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
gg's to everyone, finally got over my loosing streak!

shoutouts:

kira: awesome job is teams, we have really good chemistry. I hope we can start playing and teaming more, everyone agrees we make a force!

arash: always good seeing u homie, next time it shall be closer! peace brother.

ken: good seeing u! hopefully we can start playing more often.

mike: too bad me and kira didn't get to play u and chu, would have been fun. our conversations are always chill, and maybe u should try to give me a chance, u might find u can trust me.

bone: nice set forsure man, ur peach is getting well respected.

jon: u *******. jk man, good set, i shoulda gone jiggs for sure... oh well, next time!

pat and edrees: kira and i will get u guys next time, too close. gg's for sure!

edrees: good job man, let me know if were teaming at the bi weekly.

asp: mario is too good, peach is just a biitch.

anyone else i missed, sorry, gg's to everyone, see u all at ken and mike's!

ImperialPhantom

Smash Rookie
Hey, it's Brandon from the single tournament. I was the tall white guy with the shaved head and A|X shirt. I was brought out by Ian and Kyubi as a relatively noobish player, and lost my SSBM tourney virginity. I plan to attend more.

GeoMaster, Giza, Jessica, St. Patrick, Drees, Juice, Jesse and Deth: you guys are badass. I felt welcome, and to the last two of you, it was an honor to get slaughtered by you two.

Ian and Kyubi: Now to keep practicing so I can eventually pwn both of you!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thus, the San Diego Smash Scene continues to flourish. Great job guys! I can't wait to return to see how things have changed.

beej

Smash Rookie
hey, this tournament was awesome! having it at the ballroom w/ a bigass projector was sooo krazy. this was my second sandiego triweekly xD this thing keeps getting better n better lol
thanks to the ppl who i had friendlies with, being pretty new to smash melee it helps being able to play ppl other than my suitemates

Team Jackpot - u guys r too good x-x ive never been rest comboed so much b4 ...

Rickety- nice job on running the tournament man, umm.. ive never really played a doc b4 with my falco.. that was an eye opener lol

Dave1000- alksdjkalfjsdf another falco v doc match T_T now i hate the falco v doc matchup more than falco v peach

neways, i cant wait for the next triweekly! hope i can make it
if ne1 is at 6th college ucsd or newhere near here lets play sumtime (im at 300s)

romeo619

Smash Ace
rickety: good job running this, it was too fun always good seein you.

edrees: too bad we couldn't do that crew battle, next time def. finally got my jacket, thanks

St pat: yea we need some practice man, we're gonna be pretty good man.

boss nd kira: wowww too close in teams bro, even when boss isn't resting, he's takin us out 2 v 1. good **** guys

Jeff: lmao mad **** talk, don't trip i'm jk bro. but where was ur game at with that chick at dennys mannn ? jk man good seein ya

Chudat: i got ****n destroyed, lmao im glad i got to play you tho

Kyle: you're gettin better bro, keep it up. too bad you couldn't go to dennys.... not really dennys took like 3 hours haha

team harmony+nicky: glad i got to see you guys, i haven't played you guys in a while. doodles quit singing gay songs meng daayum.

Jflo: haha nah thats a diff romeo on the powerrankings, thats why i go by romeo619, anyways gg bro keep it up

Manacloud: pretty close set, thanks for comin down, glad i got to play you guys

Sure Dave

Smash Apprentice
I think I need a new name. My name isn't really Dave and it's getting people mixed up. Plus, it feels weird people calling me Dave.

Any suggestions?

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Juice here,

Thank you once again everyone for another great tournament. And thanks to everyone I played matches with, friendly or not. This one was pretty interesting since it was in the huge ballroom. It was also kind of cool to be able to watch all those other games going on.

Pha and Opps; I was wondering what happened to you guys. According to the tournament bracket program, JFK and I had a doubles match with you in the losers’ bracket. But we couldn’t find you. Were you eliminated twice?

Top Bottom