• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
lets get this party started. give me a call, we're going to smash all day at my place

btw jdm, i live near UCSD, whats up?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
you can come over tomorrow! :D
hopefully everyone who was here last week will be there tomorrow

and btw you guys need to see this ****: SW is too fcking good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Pw7dlHhGM

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlakIct2yY
lets get this party started. give me a call, we're going to smash all day at my place

btw jdm, i live near UCSD, whats up?
address?

Where are you currently residing?
paradise hills

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
yes, call me, im along the arriba first stop!

GOGOGO

call me (408)-7728705

EDIT: we're going out to eat, ill post when we're back

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Another great smashfest! Thanks to Shiv for giving us a ride!
I didn't get to play Andrew or Charles, so next time get at me!
I had so much fun! Can't wait until next time.

gg everyone.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
Awesome smashfest today. met some awesome new people. a special thanks to Shiv for giving me and naleek a ride, dunno what id do with out ya haha.

ggs everyone cant wait till the next one.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Just curious but are you guys free on Sundays? No way there is fat camp on Sundays... Btw I work at CV for the summer and I serve those girls. It's really sad what they go through

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Just curious but are you guys free on Sundays? No way there is fat camp on Sundays... Btw I work at CV for the summer and I serve those girls. It's really sad what they go through
does this mean there's a possibility of a smashfest this sunday? I'd go.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i kinda feel like WellSpring is an everyday kind of Fat Camp. They're living on campus so i doubt there are any opens days during the week, but i guess checking in on sunday couldn't hurt.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
its the consequences of their own actions.dont feel sorry for them

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
jun thats the nicest thing i think ive seen you say on these boards

Jun.

Smash Lord
its the consequences of their own actions.dont feel sorry for them
You have to question: is it really their own actions? Taking genetics at the same time as this is going on causes me to wonder how much of their current state is dependent on factors that they have no control over such as genetics and maybe even parents' income.

Just to give you guys a quick idea of what they go through
: During dinnertime they were served a piece of white fish half the size of my palm, 2 piece of yam and a scoop of rice. Fat or not that is a pretty harsh dinner. Most sodas are taken out except for diet pepsi and juices. The craziest part is that the other half of Canyon Vista is CURTAINED off so that the Wellspring girls don't see what the basketball/soccer/whatever camp guys are eating or drinking. The other camp guys and girls eat all you can eat out of steaks, hot dogs, chicken strips, half chickens , cakes, ice cream and at the end of the day PAN FULLS of perfectly good food goes right into the trash at the hands of exploited student workers of UCSD. This, is where our taxes and tuition go.

Institutionalized education is a machine we have no control over, but one that we have to take part in.

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
You have to question: is it really their own actions? Taking genetics at the same time as this is going on causes me to wonder how much of their current state is dependent on factors that they have no control over such as genetics and maybe even parents' income.

Just to give you guys a quick idea of what they go through
: During dinnertime they were served a piece of white fish half the size of my palm, 2 piece of yam and a scoop of rice. Fat or not that is a pretty harsh dinner. Most sodas are taken out except for diet pepsi and juices. The craziest part is that the other half of Canyon Vista is CURTAINED off so that the Wellspring girls don't see what the basketball/soccer/whatever camp guys are eating or drinking. The other camp guys and girls eat all you can eat out of steaks, hot dogs, chicken strips, half chickens , cakes, ice cream and at the end of the day PAN FULLS of perfectly good food goes right into the trash at the hands of exploited student workers of UCSD. This, is where our taxes and tuition go.

Institutionalized education is a machine we have no control over, but one that we have to take part in.
It's amazing how in the 17th century, obesity was looked upon as a sign of lavish and luxurious lifestyle because it was an indication of wealth and the ability to afford the food on your table. Genetics might be a suitable answer to the root of their problems, but income might not be such a contributing factor.

These kids were probably signed up for camp by their parents without the general consent of their kids. It's a sign of the lack of motivation by the general American populace to have the mental strength of maintaining good eating habits consequently needing motivation in the form of institutionalized camps and processes like these. The curtains and sequestering for these kinds of purposes fall right into the premise of human psychology. Much like general advertising strategy and propaganda, visual stimulus is weighted heavily. As long as the visual stigma is taken away, it helps with the prevention of the potential urges for eating more food (the olfactory stimulus is kind of hard to prevent). This kind of treatment isn't necessarily cruel either - it's intentional and serves its purpose effectively.

People who are constantly engaged in sports and physical activity don't need to worry as much about their diets. Most of it will be worked off and they need the calorie intake to maintain a high blood-sugar content to continue high energy activities. Wasting food, however, is unforgivable and a bad habit that American society needs to correct (even if it makes us fatter).

EDIT: still doesnt change the fact that we can't play in the lodge T-T

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
It's amazing how in the 17th century, obesity was looked upon as a sign of lavish and luxurious lifestyle because it was an indication of wealth and the ability to afford the food on your table. Genetics might be a suitable answer to the root of their problems, but income might not be such a contributing factor.

These kids were probably signed up for camp by their parents without the general consent of their kids. It's a sign of the lack of motivation by the general American populace to have the mental strength of maintaining good eating habits consequently needing motivation in the form of institutionalized camps and processes like these. The curtains and sequestering for these kinds of purposes fall right into the premise of human psychology. Much like general advertising strategy and propaganda, visual stimulus is weighted heavily. As long as the visual stigma is taken away, it helps with the prevention of the potential urges for eating more food (the olfactory stimulus is kind of hard to prevent). This kind of treatment isn't necessarily cruel either - it's intentional and serves its purpose effectively.

People who are constantly engaged in sports and physical activity don't need to worry as much about their diets. Most of it will be worked off and they need the calorie intake to maintain a high blood-sugar content to continue high energy activities. Wasting food, however, is unforgivable and a bad habit that American society needs to correct (even if it makes us fatter).

EDIT: still doesnt change the fact that we can't play in the lodge T-T
**** Andrew calm down xD. Good ****.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
whole bunch of stuff
more bunches of stuff
wtf is going on here... I'm so confused? x_x

Jun, if by genetics you mean BICD100, I don't think I learned anything about obesity in that class... Learned some stuff in metabolic biochem and physiopsych though... and genetics is a factor, but mostly it's just you lol. But I guess just cuz it's non-genetic doesn't mean you can control it. You could be dropped on the head as a baby or something and screw up your pituitary + hypothalamus and hormone production lol.

And renting out the lodge seems like such a cheap and shady day camp <_< they could have at least have paid a bit more to out-bid another camp for the main gym or something... it'd seem more legit -_____-

tacoz42

Smash Journeyman
And renting out the lodge seems like such a cheap and shady day camp <_< they could have at least have paid a bit more to out-bid another camp for the main gym or something... it'd seem more legit -_____-
Seriously.

On another note, how does everyone's next year look like? Since we don't live on campus (at least the warren smashers) how are we going to have spontaneous games at like...11pm lol.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Seriously.

On another note, how does everyone's next year look like? Since we don't live on campus (at least the warren smashers) how are we going to have spontaneous games at like...11pm lol.
Then just call me. If I don't have a midterm the next day, come over. If I do have a midterm the next day, come over anyway. Or we crash Andrew's place. Or Ky/David/Joe/other on campus places.

DJMirror

Smash Master
In the end,

Fat *****es are fat *****es

unless they become hot hourglass kinda body *****es

Top Bottom