• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
hope you all read my kickass response to jun LOL

anyways im going to be busy today, so try calling jun/george/rickety to see if anythings going on

but remember, mondays are my days :] come on mondays kids

and yeah wellspring is all week long so we cant exactly use the lodge on sundays either =/ no exceptions.

Rickety

Peace and Love
I need to run a couple of errands right now, but I can't imagine it taking too long. I'll be back online a little later to see if anyone will be playing. I really need the practice! :]

Or, if you don't mind putting up with my icky, icky voice: (858)-776-3133 <3

I love you, David Cao! <3

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
You have to question: is it really their own actions? Taking genetics at the same time as this is going on causes me to wonder how much of their current state is dependent on factors that they have no control over such as genetics and maybe even parents' income.

Just to give you guys a quick idea of what they go through
: During dinnertime they were served a piece of white fish half the size of my palm, 2 piece of yam and a scoop of rice. Fat or not that is a pretty harsh dinner. Most sodas are taken out except for diet pepsi and juices. The craziest part is that the other half of Canyon Vista is CURTAINED off so that the Wellspring girls don't see what the basketball/soccer/whatever camp guys are eating or drinking. The other camp guys and girls eat all you can eat out of steaks, hot dogs, chicken strips, half chickens , cakes, ice cream and at the end of the day PAN FULLS of perfectly good food goes right into the trash at the hands of exploited student workers of UCSD. This, is where our taxes and tuition go.

Institutionalized education is a machine we have no control over, but one that we have to take part in.
genetics cant make you eat a cheeseburger.neither can your parents' income.sure your parents being fat or poor or both might be a cool thing to say caused you to become fat but thats like saying "the devil made me do it." theyre fat because they ate wrong and didnt exercise so yes,it is the results of their choices

...that post sounded way too serious <3

Adam M!

Smash Lord
You have to question: is it really their own actions? Taking genetics at the same time as this is going on causes me to wonder how much of their current state is dependent on factors that they have no control over such as genetics and maybe even parents' income.
lol

Just to give you guys a quick idea of what they go through
: During dinnertime they were served a piece of white fish half the size of my palm, 2 piece of yam and a scoop of rice. Fat or not that is a pretty harsh dinner.
thats actually a pretty legit dinner

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
genetics cant make you eat a cheeseburger.neither can your parents' income.sure your parents being fat or poor or both might be a cool thing to say caused you to become fat but thats like saying "the devil made me do it." theyre fat because they ate wrong and didnt exercise so yes,it is the results of their choices

...that post sounded way too serious <3
i think genetics play a part where you get fatter easier than somebody else.

Jun.

Smash Lord
look at it this way though.

At SOME point in your life, you're gonna eat a cheeseburger. Lets set Person 1 and Person 2 as having identical lifestyles but Person 1 has a net gain of 10 made-up-fat-units upon eating this cheeseburger while person 2 gets 20 due to genetics. Then Person 2 is gonna have to make efforts to balance the difference through exercise or some other mean losing both time and money and now their lifestyles are already different.

I am almost living proof that genetics plays a large part in obesity since I've NEVER watched what I eat at any point in my life, even going as far as eating fast food for months and I haven't gained any weight. I don't exercise either.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
i think genetics play a part where you get fatter easier than somebody else.
i guess but i can just as easily say black people should all be athletes because literally only the "strong" survived their 3-400 year slave labor (im black too btw so dont think im racist or anything)

At SOME point in your life, you're gonna eat a cheeseburger. Lets set Person 1 and Person 2 as having identical lifestyles but Person 1 has a net gain of 10 made-up-fat-units upon eating this cheeseburger while person 2 gets 20 due to genetics. Then Person 2 is gonna have to make efforts to balance the difference through exercise or some other mean losing both time and money and now their lifestyles are already different.
the point is there are things you can do to prevent yourself from becoming obese...IF there ARE steps you can take to prevent yourself from becoming obese THEN whether or not you become obese is simply the result of the choices you make.you can choose to prevent it by exercising or something (exercising does NOT cost money...its called jogging haha) OR you can choose to eat food that you know isnt healthy and do nothing.what often happens is that people choose the latter and the result is them becoming fat.therefore obesity is intelligibly the consequence of the (usually bad) choices we make

...i mean in your example of Person 1 vs Person 2, the difference between them is that Person 1 can get away with being lazy and Person 2 cannot.i personally wouldnt promote a lifestyle of being lazy but just so you guys know...there is a thing called "normal-weight obesity" which Person 1 would most likely suffer from throughout their life.a person who has normal-weight obesity has a normal body weight for height but has a greater percentage of body fat than a person their size should have.aside from being weak other symptoms include heart and metabolic problems.like i said before though,i dont hate fat people or anyone for that matter.i just look down at the lifestyle and people who make excuses about it.case and point: fat people john

..that sounded way too serious too

<3

-SK-

Smash Rookie
Hey, if any of u guys are playing smash near UCSD, im down to go. Ill try to take a look at the posts more often

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
yeah lets do it.

same deal tomorrow. ill post here and/or text people around 12pm?

or if you want you can call me to let me know youre coming.

umm andrew i have your tv in the closet :]

SMASHFEST ALL DAY TOMORROW

EDIT: BTW I ASKED ZOO, HE SAYS SCORPIONMASTER IS REAL

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming! Sizzle is unavailable. Keeland (sp?) and Brandon, you two need rides? We could meet at the same place as last time.

edit: Or anyone else between RB and SDSU.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming! Sizzle is unavailable. Keeland (sp?) and Brandon, you two need rides? We could meet at the same place as last time.

edit: Or anyone else between RB and SDSU.
Yeah! That would be awesome. What time should we meet you there? Same spot right?

Mmm, Brandon says for you to text him if you can. He doesn't have many minutes.

And I think I might have two more people who want to come, if you have room.

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Ah, that's too bad. I sent you a message (or was it Brandon?) earlier, disregard that I guess.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
ricketyyyyyyy ahhhh that match at the end was by far my favorite of the day. thanks for coming dude! and epic crew battles everybody, props to andrew for once again hosting a legit smashfest.

get at me pnoy

Top Bottom