• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Um...I believe that my crew is having a smashfest at vietgamer's house along with another crew from Oceanside...PM me if you're interested. Also, there's my tournament next week, check the thread in this forum.

audreyh

Smash Ace
You guys need to host another, UCR is ready to own both UCSD and UCI XD XD XD
we're gonna hold a big crew tournament at ucla fall quarter.

hopefully all you uc's can come, its aimed for you guys =) ucsb too mayybe

other crews might come too

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Any Smashing freshmen for UCSD?

THE TRIWEEKLIES ARE BACK!

NEXT TRIWEEKLY- SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER

Promotional Video

- Upcoming Triweekly dates:
(VII) Saturday 30 September
(VIII) Saturday 21 October
(IX) Saturday 11 November

LOCATION - University of California San Diego, Sixth College Lodge, La Jolla CA 92092.

TIME - 12pm noon start, 7pm finish.

RULES (STREAMLINED FROM MLG) -

Stage & Character Selection

1. The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on a stage. After the stage has been randomly selected each player/team may call for a reset. Each player/team can only call for a reset once during a series. If a reset is called, another stage must be randomly selected. The stage that was first selected can’t be randomly selected again, but is still available for a counter pick.
2. Singles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium
3. Doubles random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium, DK64
4. Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. Stages banned for Singles Only: Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2
6. Stages banned for Doubles Only: Fountain of Dreams and Mute City
7. Stages banned for Singles & Doubles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule
Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett.
8. No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series.
9. After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose to knock out one stage. Stages that are knocked out won’t be used during the series. Random select stages can’t be knocked out. The lower seeded player/team must make their knockout selection first. Once the first game has started, stages can’t be knocked out.
10. After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.
11. For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.
12. During Championship Bracket competitions, players may ask for a double-blind pick during games four and five of a series. Players must call for the pick after the loser of the previous game has chosen the next game’s stage.
13. If the players/teams meeting in the Finals have not yet faced each other in a series and the team coming from the Losers Bracket wins the first series, another series must be played to break the tie since both players/teams would only have one series loss.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
4. Players/teams may designate a coach when they register for a competition, however, this coach may not be registered as a player for either a Singles or Doubles competition. Coaches may not instruct players during games, but may consult with players for a maximum of 1 minute between games. Once the stage for the next game has been selected, players may not talk to their coach.
5. For Doubles matches, Team Attack is ON.
6. For Doubles matches, life stealing is allowed.
7. Throughout the tournament, sets will be best of three, and championship finals best of five.
8. The tournament will use a double elimination open (and loosely seeded) bracket.

ENTRY COST -
Singles ($10 per person)
Doubles ($10 per team)

POT DISTRIBUTION -
Singles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)
Doubles (1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%)

CONTACT INFORMATION -
For additional information, feel free to contact CAOTIC/David on (714)421-3710
UC San Diego vs. UC Irvine 1 - College Crew Battle (Home, March 2006)
UC San Diego vs. UC Irvine 2 - College Crew Battle (Visiting, June 2006)

Results and Video Section

Zephyr

Smash Lord
wonderful, the first and third dates are killed by marching season. >_> We'll try our hardest to make it to the October 21st one.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
XD

omg

I just found out that the date the Ramen Shop is going is Vietgamer's birthday. Perhaps we could celebrate his birthday there, smash-style?

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
He's talking about marching season as in marching band in high school. His crew is a bunch of Bandos =P. I'm gonna try and make it to as many of those dates as possible.

jake the boy

Smash Ace
Marching Band is too good. My school (Rancho Cucamonga High School) got invited to perform in the New Years Eve parade in paris FTW!

Not something that happens every day :p

anti

Smash Journeyman
yay...finally! now i can see how much better i got because i've been to one triweekly before and that was my 1st tourny...back in may or something xD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I will love people very much if they bring TV's and cubes - you stay classy San Diego :)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try to bring a TV and Cube...I know for sure that our crew will bring at least one TV and two cubes...hopefully more TV's.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
muffin, we finally get a rematch now....lol oh and our avatar are the same o.0 lol
Eh...what? I wasn't aware that we'd played in the first place...what was your name at my tourney? It sure wasn't anti....

Top Bottom