• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yeah oh well, smashers flake. looks like we have around 20 people or so. we'll probably do a RR tournament for doubles

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Doubles Round Robin Results

1: A Kao at the Zhu (Zhu + Julian)
2: Motosurf (Maple + Pnoy)
3: Blightning (SA2Jeff + Judd)
4: Mr. Nice Guy (SDR + aznlep)
5: Powered By Jesse (Jesse + PBS)
6: Lovable Sailors (JDM + Doppleganger)
7: Puma Pride (Hall + Lan)
8: Team Random (Mark + Lips)
9: Charged to Stitch (ycz6 + Demon)
10: Adventurous Breakfast (Engdrew + Rog)
11: Giant Men (Jet + SuperFly)

Singles is at winners finals right now Zhu vs Pnoy

Skrillex

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm a ssb64 player trying to get it on the Melee action. I live in SD and was wondering if there's people from SD that would like to play some games with me. (i don't think cpu's are gonna help me with my game) but please acknowledge that i'm a 16 year old senior in HS with no drivers license(working on that) so my transportation is limited. PM me or message me on AIM or MSN to schedule some matches :)

i'm also thinking about going to pat's tourney as well but again i have no transportation so if you are willing to drive me then that's awesome. (i'd help with gas if somebody drives me there)

my MSN and AIM are there
<-----------

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
1: Zhu ($21.00)
2: SDR ($6.00)
3: Pnoy ($3.00)
4: aznlep
5: PBS
5: Jesse
7: Maple
7: Leeland
9: G&T
9: Sunny
9: nawnscents
9: Rickety
13: Gylmar
13: Hall
13: ycz6
13: Oats
17: Demon
17: Lan
17: Mark
17: Doppleganger
17: Rico
17: Park
17: F8
17: Jet
25: JDM
25: Engdrew
25: Eclipse
25: Bok
25: Super Frog

We are doing crews right now.

ycz12

Smash Ace
argh I hate Peach and Ganon

maybe I should learn how to play Sheik

GG to everyone I played, hopefully I'll see you guys again in the future.

shoutouts later maybe

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Zhu- Holy crap, i swear its destiny that we meet up every freakin tourny. Thats prolly the only reason i did so well. GOOD **** though, I think you never lost one game the whole tourny. Your falco is tooo amazing.

Aznlep- It was lots of fun teamin with you dude. Im down to do it again if we get the chance. Also, your climbers are too legit, i gotta learn how to DI those grabs

Pnoy- Wow our matches were so intense! Your gannon is too good. My marth needs some serious work.

PBS- Its the curse.....

Maple- wish i coulda played you

Doppleganger/lanstar- your marths are pretty legit keep practicing and im sure you guys will own me.

Everyone else. great games

Eclipsedrgn

Smash Cadet
lol great tourny. Hall and rickety, it was cool seeing you guys again and Mark we should definity team up again sometime, team random ftw lol. i gotta practice more lol i got destroyed in singles. gg everyone

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Fun tournament, doubles round robin was pretty freaking great. For those of you that weren't there, we had 11 teams in a pool, so everyone got 10 sets. Then we took the top 4 teams and did a quick single elimination tournament to keep the spirit of finals.

I'm gonna make johns for Maple, he had some really ******** SDs in our set. probably should have done better. On another note good **** to SDR. He made a good comeback against me and really rallied against Pnoy in their second set. It was fun teaming too.

I'd do more shoutouts but I'm tired, that burrrito really made me sleepy. Thanks for coming out everyone, hopefully i'll squeeze in one more of these before Pat's House. I'll keep you folks posted.

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Zhu- Nice seeing you again. Uhhh.. interesting tourney matches lol.

Oats- To be honest, my set versus you was more nerve racking than any other set I had at that tourney. Good fcking matches.

Pat- Great tourney and thanks for the ride to Cotixan. Next time, I will not buy an entire thing of fries...

SDR- This is scary but he REALLY is the San Diego Reaper...

Pnoy- Nice seeing you, shoulda came to my smashfest yesterday.. but yea, again, nice seeing ya!

UCSD- Everyone won a few sets, good ****!

People at Cotixan- all i can say is "hahahaha" **** conversations.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
LOL cotixan stories

Thanks for hosting this pat, it was pretty chill even with a less than average turnout (# of smashers-wise)

Brinstar depths ftl

JDM

Smash Champion
I did horrible in singles. We should do round robin doubles at tournies with less than 10 entries from now on so people will have more incentive to join doubles. Doing crews with all cp's and random stages was really fun. Brinstar depths is legit. Sleep time.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
We should do round robin doubles at tournies with less than 10 entries from now on so people will have more incentive to join doubles.
Seriously! And it'd make SoCal better in doubles!

holy **** PBS got 5th?! higher than maple??? wtfff good **** UCSD? I guess?
Is PBS the dude who uses Mario? If so I really wanna play him now

SDR really is the San Diego Reaper.
Hahahaha, I love that you're posting more often now.

PS: Pat, any chance we can get the bracket up soon?

And I cannot believe I'm saying this, but good **** SDR for beating some quality competition. Come over so I can learn Marth dittos.

MAPLE

Smash Apprentice
from doubles to all my singles matches, never suicided that much at a tourney.... cost me all my matches, lame. need to stop sucking.

thanks pat for tourney

Kira-

Smash Champion
wow sdr beat pnoy
and maple got 7th
WTF
this

We should do round robin doubles at tournies with less than 10 entries from now on so people will have more incentive to join doubles. Doing crews with all cp's and random stages was really fun. Brinstar depths is legit. Sleep time.
and this. doubles pools and crews are the best thing about tournaments. other than like chillin with everyone and winning the tournament lol

Adam M!

Smash Lord
nah, i'm not even a marth main yet -- gotta prove i can stick with him first

i say a full month of one-character goodness (at least 90% one character) proves you have a new main

well, at least for me anyway -- by this point i've swore to myself i'd main half the cast

Top Bottom