• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

JDM

Smash Champion
GET HYPE!!!! BRING ****ING SETUPS!!!! YOU KNOW THE DRILL!!!!

I'll bring my cube + 2 power strips.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
My partner and I will play you two too! Haha dang homophones =P

Ok, you got a phone? I could just text ya cuz I don't know
what you or Tofu look like, sorry :/
i am a black man, which by default should make me easy to find. short hair, playing sheik marth or fox. tofu looks mexican as hell and plays a red falco.

i also don't mind going around asking everyone if they're "a rookie"

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Singles is still going on right now.

Doubles FULL results:

1: Professional Means Not Dying (LuCKy + Danimals)
2: Goon Squad (Tofu + P)
3: If You're a Professional, You Won't Die (Kira + Zhu)
4: Pat and Oscars (Lovage + Azn Lep)
5: SD Represent (TheBOSS + Pnoy)
5: Senior Tang + Silent Spectre Jr. (c0nn0r + PsychoMidget)
7: Your Mom (Little Fumi + Zen)
7: Wish We Were at the Beach (SA2Jeff + Judd)
9: SK + G&T (SK + G&T)
9: SDR + Nima (SDR + Nima)
9: V=IR (Deth + LHG)
9: St. Soid (Baby Farts McGeezaks + Soid)
13: Maui Wowie (Nawnscents + JZA)
13: Righteous Kickass (Tran + DCMoney)
13: Orange Juice (Leeland + Antonio)
13: You Don't Know Mexico, Son (Eddy + Pit)
17: Stop Shining Me (Sizzle + Juice)
17: Jackpot (ASP + Doodles)
17: Therapists (Super Frog + Jet)
17: Team Oreo (PMOS + Bok)
17: No EXP (ChizzleSD + Justin)
17: Love Live Learn (Atlus + JDM)
17: SDLC (Plan 9 + Chris)

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Singles:

1: Zhu
2: LuCKy
3: Lovage
4: Kira
5: Pit
5: c0nn0r
7: Pnoy
7: Tofu
9: Adam
9: Atlus
9: Pat
9: ASP
13: Baby Farts McGeezaks
13: Leeland
13: Little Fumi
13: PsychoMidget
17: Azn Lep
17: PBS
17: dc money
17: SA2Jeff
17: Eddy
17: embracethe12
17: Danimals
17: G&T
25: Juice
25: Boba
25: SDR
25: Antonio
25: Soid
25: Little England
25: LHG
25: Just Ten
33: Judd
33: JZA
33: Nawnscents
33: Plan 9
33: Jun
33: SK
33: Doppleganger
33: Doodles
33: Rei
33: LanceStern
33: Jesse
33: Nima
33: Deth
33: Tran
33: Seng
33: PMOS
49: Sizzle
49: Jenny
49: Cal
49: Zen
49: JDM
49: TheBOSS
49: Knifey
49: Super Frog
49: JRC
49: ChizzleSD
49: Sunny
49: Pnaleek
49: Lan
49: Alo
49: Raver
49: Isaak
65: Bok
65: Jet

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Shoutouts!!!

Pat (AznLep)- thanks for hosting such a great tournament. You are such a cool guy. I am definitely coming to more of these

Pat - <3 let's share a burger next time. good seeing as always and fun friendlies

Kira - thanks for the ride your always cool

Cameron - happy birthday

Plan 9 - happy birthday also. you make me laugh everytime i see you

embracethe12 - haha get ***** with the pixie sticks

connor - your a funny little kid getting excited with those cranes

P and Tofu - i am NOT Dantefox LOL

ChizzleSD - good seeing you there. too bad we didn't play any games

JDM - we were never able to finish a friendlies match oh well

danimals - the car ride was more interesting with you

zhu - sup

Atlus - sup lets play GG

lovage - you too

mexico - era bueno conocer gentes de llegando desde alli (i think this said correctly)

to everyone i played in tournament and friendlies - good playing you all

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
oh my god this was an amazing tournament!

Aznlep, you're the coolest person ever. you are so nice for buying us all milkshakes. =)

-Connor

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
... o_0

come on guys, i was expecting 1st!!!
we gave em da business

shoutouts:

tofu: good ****

seng: all day errday knawmsayin

aznlep: that milk shake was too good. i always remember people who are kind to me for no reason whatsoever.

that's it! :)

LHG

Smash Journeyman
BTW, who's Pit?
I think someone told me he was the Peach user from Tijuana, ranked #3 there.

Shouts:

Azn Pat: 60+ people? So good, thanks for hosting the tourney and even putting up with remaking the bracket along with jokes and what not that kept me laughing.

Pnoy: You're getting too good for us in SM, teach us your tricksies cuz Mark won't teach me LOL.

Deth: Thanks for teaming with me man, I think our chemistry is starting to show. Felt bad for doing Mute City dirtyness, hope we play again though.

Doodles/ASP: DUDES, you guys are the homies. Really glad you guys came, you guys are still really good lol. Sorry we didn't go out with you guys after, but next time though! 4 strands of rope.

SA2Jeff/Judd: Freakin hilarious is all I gotta say. Also glad you guys showed up, come down more, you guys are super chill.

Leeland/Antonio: Hey, it was cool meeting you guys, you guys are funny as hell, not to mention pretty good at the game. Chillin between matches and telling stories was the best.

SoCal: Glad you guys came down and made this tourney one of the bigger ones in a while. You guys are too good lol.

Everyone else is still coo guy.

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Wow, this was a pretty amazing tourney.

Shoutouts:

Pat: Amazing tourney and an awesome host. Makes me love UCSD even more. :D

Judd: That match on Brinstar where you managed to pull a win at 160% last stock, was one of the most epic matches I've ever had. I was so effing nervous. Hope to play you at next triweekly!

Zhu- One of the chillest guys there. I should start training with Ding, maybe I'll evolve like you :D

Juice- Holy ****! 2nd match I already lost hope when you had that 2-stock lead and then everything just COMPLETELY changed. I'm sure you were the better player in our set tho. Great games. P.S.: When I asked my friend who I was playing, he said "the guy that looks like Jesus." lmao

Kira- Your sheik's too good hehe. It was nice playing you, you seem like a pretty chill guy.

UCSD Melee - So effing awesome that every one of us managed to advance in the bracket. We're getting better everyday. We'll **** next tourney I just know it.

Kira-

Smash Champion
lazy shoutouts

First and foremost, AZN LEP you are an amazing host and probably the nicest guy i know, the tournament was run perfectly with no problems with seeding or anything and an incredible turnout, thanks very much!

LuCKy, c0nn0r, Tofu, Pat, Atlus, Doppleganger, Jenny
Too fun chillin with you guys before and after the tourney, good times like always. There's too much for me to write a shoutout for all you guys except we need to have a turtles in time side tourney.
Michaelangelo >> Leonardo/Donatello >> Raphael

Zhu - thanks for all the training and recording and for teaming with me
Lovage - best set all day, i was playing well too, you're just too good for now
Pit - you learned very quickly, i shouldn't have given you that practice before singles LOL. TJ smashers are too good!
Pnoy - we play every tournament lol, sucks when you're such a cool guy but you keep getting better every time, just doc isn't the best idea haha. Keep gettin those winks ;) Also you and Boss are a legit team, sorry if i ever underestimated you guys
Adam - eh i dont really have anything specific to say but you know you're cool lol so i couldnt just not give you a shoutout. your marth is the hardest for me to play cause you **** all my bad habits. i saw a couple friendlies of your marth vs tofu and it was definitely playing as well as you said it was, im glad you're not ditching your marth completely it looks cool when you pivot
Baby Farts McGeezaks (aka st patrick) - GGs, sorry for the chaingrabs i just like to win. i got ***** on pokefloats though lol
Leeland - i heard you were good we should play sometime
Little Fumi - you were awesome in teams, i wanna smash with SD now
PsychoMidget - you're too cool and thanks for letting all of us abuse your house. happy birthday again
PBS - pretty good marth, sucks we had to play twice lol
dc money - you're getting way better, good stuff. im glad you and tran keep attending
Danimals - lol i forgot how chill you were, the talks in the car were **** but you know that already. weekend was dope, thanks for telling me to be more patient n stuff. you're the first guy that started getting me better and now you're telling me you're proud of how good i got LOL hahah
Boba - good seeing you, you got way better
SDR - "im not really telling you anything" LOL mindgames?
Soid - good **** putting lucky into losers =P
Little England - glad you finally came to a tournament. we played like half of 8 games. your mewtwo is fun to watch
Plan 9 - happy birthday man, your falcon was moving really good when we played lol i was impressed. always glad to see you at tourneys
JDM - this guy's a G, you're too cool to not give a shoutout
ChizzleSD - glad you went to a tournament! haha you're pretty good, keep practicing

sorry for anyone i didnt give a shoutout to, everyone at Red Robins was amazing and anyone else i talked to throughout the day, you make tournaments as fun as they are, thanks for being there lol

**** shoutouts take too much work

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

Soid - You're cool.

Jenny - You're cool too.

PBS - Homie, being able to play well consistently despite stress or whatever else is part of tournament skill, which actually makes you better than me. If you were to ask any of my friends, they'd probably say, "lol that's just like him!" Hope you had fun with Kira lol. By the way, I do respond to "Jesus."

Lovage

Smash Hero
this tournament was too fun, SD triweeklies are always the best

azn lep: yaaay pat! good **** running another amazing tournament and it was really fun teaming with you. make these monthlies!

connor: holy crap third match was ridiculous. 3 shinespikes? daaang. your peach and fox are both crazy. also i'm glad you aren't getting frustrated anymore even when you get super-gayed by fox stuff :)

kira: kira's good now. no *** that, kira is amazing now. hahaha you did really well at this tournament and our set was nail-bitingly close, did you see my hand shaking after the third match? dang. if you can keep this up at future tournaments im going to be seriously scared of facing you from now on.

lil england - wow i seriously had no idea you were that good. get that car and keep going to tournies! oh and we'll play ssb64 some day hahaha

lucky: lmao get 3 stocked noob. why didnt you beat zhu....dangit...<33

pat: you beat lil fumi good job i guess, im gonna go to your house in the summer a lot <33333

san diego: you guys are too good. someone in your area needs to step it up and start hosting biweeklies. there's so many players that could get so much better with a dedicated tournament series

i got bored of writing shoutouts so thats it i guess

Kira-

Smash Champion
kira: kira's good now. no *** that, kira is amazing now. hahaha you did really well at this tournament and our set was nail-bitingly close, did you see my hand shaking after the third match? dang. if you can keep this up at future tournaments im going to be seriously scared of facing you from now on.
I honestly have no idea how I stayed so calm through losers bracket. Normally my hand would be shaking as much as anybody's. My theory is that I choke when I might lose to someone I shouldn't be losing to. So like in teams I was choking all day cause I'm teaming with Zhu, I'm practically guaranteed top 3 and if I don't suck I could potentially end up winning, but if I'm playing you, well the odds are against me, so I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, no pressure. Except I played pretty well against you and Pat in teams. Also I'm surprised I didn't choke against Adam, cause even though he's the favorite to win he's also not ranked. So maybe my theory is wrong. This whole paragraph was pointless oh well

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
My theory is that I choke when I might lose to someone I shouldn't be losing to.
Yup that's how it works. I've gained even more respect for people like Lucky/Zhu for being so good because they get everyone's best all the time.

So like in teams I was choking all day cause I'm teaming with Zhu, I'm practically guaranteed top 3 and if I don't suck I could potentially end up winning, but if I'm playing you, well the odds are against me, so I have nothing to lose and everything to gain, no pressure. Except I played pretty well against you and Pat in teams.
You played awful in teams vs us :(. What happened to your wavedashes out of shield? ;)

Also I'm surprised I didn't choke against Adam, cause even though he's the favorite to win he's also not ranked.
You always outplay me in tournament, plus everyone knows I choke. I dunno, I think I played fine though, I just wish I went Marth in the first game.

You should come over, or I can come over someday soon.

shoutouts fo reelz:

Tofu: I love teaming with you. You were off a bit and I was off at the start too, but I did my best to step it up for us. I dunno how well I did though. It's great having to live up to your amazing team performances all the time. We keep getting better, and next time my Marf will be ready =)

Zhu: Goddammit I need to start making myself play you more in friendlies

Kira: For some reason I barely saw, played or talked to you at all lolol. You're fun to play cause we can go a bunch of different character combinations.

Plan 9: Your Falcon's getting there. If you stay committed to it like your Doc, it's gonna be good because you're a creative player. You're a determinated player. :)

Jason: Hopefully attending a tourny of this magnitude makes you more committed to attend more. You have potential dude, if you play me more and go to more tournaments, you're gonna get there quickly. Word of advice, though: ditch the Falco/M2K, at least temporarily. You're close to getting good if you stick with Fox all the way through.

Lucky: God you're too good, I love money matching you. Hope my commentary when Tofu was money matching you didn't annoy you too much ;)

Lovage: We didn't play, but nice placing / consistency. A large part of me feels you could still be much better though, so don't get complacent :(

SDR: Lololol losing to randoms is a rite of passage.

Midgey: Much <3 for sticking to maining Falcon, once you learn how to tech chase and camp more you'll be a beast. Plus it ***** having you and Jenny at tournaments. That Mario you lost to was a beast though, no joke.

Danimals: Not to be a **** about the mms, but word is bond. Nah it's cool though, you're still chill. Don't give up your Marth noob, just go Fox/Marth! Your Marth is legit dude

Boba: Glad to see you make the trek =). You should come over again for more practice, maybe with Jason or something.

JDM: You got the tech skill, just learn to play gay. Watch some vids and learn matchups, I like your Marth's movement =). You're someone I wish I played more too.

Pat (Azn Lep): I'm not sure we've EVER played in the last year, but you are so cool. Nice but firm, down to earth, hahaha, dude, thanks for that shake. I owe you one.

Atlus: Chillest mother ****er ever

Connor: Yay good **** on beating Tofu, glad to see you didn't let teams get you down

Boss: You gotta chill out dog, just remember whenever you really wanna get frustrated, you're just playing a game. Kinda defeats the purpose if it frustrates you.

To all the people I fooled by entering as Adam: lolol *****s should start calling me by my name. The cool names get saved for teams

Kira-

Smash Champion
1: Professional Means Not Dying (LuCKy + Danimals)
3: If You're a Professional, You Won't Die (Kira + Zhu)
LOLOL

You played awful in teams vs us :(. What happened to your wavedashes out of shield? ;)
zhu ***** my wavedash out of shield, so i stopped spamming it. But really I should just be less predictable with it (ie don't do it first chance I get, wait a bit and vary the times)

You always outplay me in tournament, plus everyone knows I choke. I dunno, I think I played fine though, I just wish I went Marth in the first game.

You should come over, or I can come over someday soon.

Kira: For some reason I barely saw, played or talked to you at all lolol. You're fun to play cause we can go a bunch of different character combinations.
Yeah you should come over, nobody is at my house for the next week or so

Hah one good thing about attempting to main different characters throughout the years is that I've picked up a lot of secondaries. They're fun to play when I get tired of Sheik.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
My turn. This is the most fun I have ever had at a smash tournament....EVER lol I'm glad people know that I'm not a 909 noob :p

*ahem* k so...

Adam: I think this was my first full experience of a tournament. I always have to leave early, so thanks for the ride and everything. This tournament definitely encouraged me to get committed to melee and go to tournaments. I can't wait to get my car to play you/everyone more often :)

Psychomidget: Thanks for the housing! Your house is ****! I hope I get to go there soon again. You're a really cool guy and your Falcon is awesome! B-throw>Falcon Punch is SO GOOD!

Connor: You're kinda funny lol You're Fox is REALLY good too. I shouldn't have went mewtwo on you though. I got what I deserved. XD

Pat: I almost forgot you! You're sooooo nice. Your Fox is something else..like I'm hitting you and thinking I'm doing good and then you start to ****. I think you're the only one who can do nothing and win. Thanks for the fries too =D

Doppl: You're laugh makes me smile :)

Lovage: I want your tech skill soooo badly! You made me realize how important it is to have good tech skill. And that double shine gimp is ****ing ****! haha I'll bring my 64 and TV to every tournament I go to when I get my car :D

Kira: I can't touch your Sheik for ****! You play sooooooo gay its unbelievable haha I love it. I realized some important things in the matchup though. It seems like every TV we played on had someone asking to play a tourney match XD

Lucky: God**** you're good. You tossed my **** in friendlies lol I want to play you more :D

Zhu: In case you didn't realize it you're my idol. I think I'm one of the first to use the "Zhu" tag in SoCal. Anyways, it's always impressive to watch you play. Its **** near perfection! I hope I get to play you when I get my car.

Jason: ****! Get your car already! :(

JDM: I was really intimidated when I watched you play before our match believe it or not. I wish we could have played friendlies. I've heard good things about you. Maybe we can team someday?

Embrace: You're a pretty smart player! Your impressed me a lot. I love your ICs! I wanna see you embrace combo somebody in tournament lolololol Team with me too :D

Little Fumi: You're soooooooooooo good!

All of San Diego: I sound like a hypocrite saying this but..GO TO TOURNEYS! You guys are soooooo good!

Pit: good ****!

Tofu: You have to be the coolest smasher in Socal! I love your conversations! And that 0-death you did to that Peach on dreamland was ****! I didn't even get to play you though =/ wack...

Atlus: What P said. haha You're hella chill. Funniest **** you said "He tried to counterpick Yoshi Story. I said 'no *****'" lmaooooo

Danimals: We've never played :( And we were around eachother but never formally met....next time? =/

Plan 9: Hii there!! You're Falcon is like no other! Your hella funny too

**** I know I'm forgetting somebody.....anyways this was an awesome experience. I've really been missing out, but when I get my car this shiits goin down!

Lovage

Smash Hero
yes zhu recorded a lot of sets
me vs. danimals
me vs. connor
me vs. kira
me vs. lucky
lucky vs. zhu x2
lucky vs. connor (maybe)
lucky vs. pit (maybe)

thats all i remember off the top of my head

Top Bottom