• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Santi, go to mineshaft tonight with a setup so we can play and have drinks
I don't have the game lols. I borrowed my friends wiiu and gave it back after I found out who was OP :)

I heard mineshaft doesn't do game nights on Monday anymore.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I don't have the game lols. I borrowed my friends wiiu and gave it back after I found out who was OP :)

I heard mineshaft doesn't do game nights on Monday anymore.
that may be true, I havent been there in a while. I heard UA opens at night for the gamers and is byob so I might check that out then.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Mineshaft is no more, but UA is indeed open tonight from 830-2am BYOB confirmed. you down? ill bring the booze

this goes for anyone else btw. slush is 21 now :troll:
I'm playing melee at Zheas until 11:30, but I'm game after that until 2. That's legit they are byob. I like southern comfort and dosxx ;)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Nikes Pearl Nuzlocke Challenge

I will be using these rules for the challenge.
-If a Pokémon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.
-You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in a route / cave / town / area. If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough ****, you get nothing from this area.
-You must nickname your Pokémon.
-If a town you go to contains a body of water or a gift, pokemon like Bill’s Eevee in G/S/C/HG/SS, that may be considered a Pokemon of a new area.
-If your entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If you have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, you may continue, otherwise you must start your game over.
-You are, under no circumstance, allowed to use healing items outside of battle.
-You may not switch out before the enemy trainer sends in a new Pokemon.
-You are not allowed to use legendaries in battle.
Chapter 1: The Angry Beavers

I nearly chose the female trainer, but renaming the SAM Monthlies to WINGS was fresh in my mind and I thought better of it. My rival was dubbed Xyro. When it came time to choose a starter, I was very conflicted between Piplup and Chimchar. Chimchar provides both Fire and Fighting types, which will be not only extremely rare in a nuzlocke challenge in this version but very useful. On the flip side, he's a glass cannon, which always spells disaster when random crithax occurs. I will surely need my starter for the entire game and I just don't think Chimchar would last that long. While water types are abundant in this version, I decided to go with the very dependable Piplup. He has a relaxed nature (+ Special Def, - Attack) which I very much approve. Henceforth, he is Tank.

I went back home, traveled to Sandgem for the Pokedex, and purchased 5 poke balls. The time has come to collect.

Route 201: There is only Bidoof and Starly here. Bidoof I don't care for, but Starly has always been dope. Luckily enough, a lvl3 female Starly is my prize. Cassie was sitting next to me and when I expressed my joy for getting what I wanted, she made me name it Cassie. She is Relaxed (+Defense, -Speed) and I can't help but feel good about these defensive natures being a good omen.

Traveled to Lake Verity for my next prize. Bidoof. I already got my Starly so I'm okay with this. Bidoof seems so troll though when I stare at him. I can't help but feel like he's going to be useful against my wishes. He is Docile and I named him Jesus.

Now for the first chance of luck. Route 202. I also forgot that Dawn gives you 5 poke balls here. I had already bought 5 but maybe I'll need them all anyway.

I am praying for a Shinx or even a Kricketot. I am instead greeted by a trollface with buck teeth, Bidoof. She was named Tofrdagofr (Tofer the Gofer). I suspect she will provide a worthy sacrifice in the near future.

Did a quick grind for Piplup and Starly. They are quickly growing on me. Entered Jublife City, got TM10 (Hidden Power), the Poketech and a few potions.

Route 204. Can't travel through it, but I can catch another pokemon.

Dear god, a Budew would be a huge win for me, but I'd still settle for a Shinx or Kric-

Maybe I can build dams for a living. Somehow, she even took 2 pokeballs to catch. I named her Die.

Now I can try my luck in Route 203. After DESTROYING XYRO, the hunt is on again:

As hot as Abra is, I can't do anything about teleport at this point. Shinx and Kricketot are available, and Bidoof's rate has gone down. Sure enough, a Kricketot appears. He still sucks overall, but anything not Bidoof is a welcome addition to the team. I named him Babybwake because while he seems so nice and sounds cool (seriously, I can't get enough of that cry), he's destined to lose.

After clearing the Route, I enter Oreburgh Gate. 80% chance of Geodude, 20% chance of Zubat. Sweeeeeeet. Geodude is going to be make everything so mu-

Dammittttttttt. That was pretty sad. I named him Larry. There's only 2 more areas I can catch a Pokemon before the first gym.

After healing up in Oreburgh City, I traveled north to Route 207. I find a PRIME Lvl5 Male Machop whos just aching to take over the world. 1 Bubble puts him at half health. I can't use another attack from neither Piplup or Starly without killing him. Bidoofs will all die to Low Kick before they can even get a Tackle in. Dammit. I try my luck. I switch to lvl6 Die, but he just immedately dies. Jesus gets off a Tackle before dieing as well. Machop is at a catchable percent, though. I'm feeling confident with 3 Pokeballs, even if I did just sacrifice a couple beavers.

Go pokeball! Roll... roll... roll... :(
Go second pokeball! Roll...roll... :(

****! I only have one left! I gotta get that percent lower somehow! Babybwake knows Bide and Growl. Maybe if I growl him 6 times, Tofrdagofr could take a Low Kick and get Machop low enough. I try it. 6 Growls later, I switch to Tofrdagofr. Low Kick kills in one hit. As a last ditch effort, I try a bide from Babybwake. If Machop uses Low Kick 3 times or gets a crithax, the following Bide would just kill him. Thankfully, he only used 2. Bide puts him in the lowest part of yellow.

Go pokeball! ... immeditate open.
...Got away safely!

I know I hated my beavers with a passion, but I always thought they'd at least die for a good cause. Losing Machop like that, especially considering how useful he'd be was a critical blow. I released the corpses into the PC abyss. After making another Pokemart run for 5 pokeballs, I decide to check the last area before fighting the gym leader, Oreburgh Mine.

The pokemon gods decided to show me mercy, for a Geodude appeared. I took no chances and Pounded her 1-2 HP at a time. It turns out that she's Lonely. While the + Attack is helpful, I hope the nature doesnt come back to haunt me.

Pokemon| Name | Level | Moves
| Tank | 12 | Pound, Growl, Bubble, Water Sport
| Cassie | 12 | Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Wing Attack
| Mootopia | 9 | Tackle, Rock Polish
| Larry | 6 | Leech Life, Supersonic
| Babybwake| 4 | Bide, Growl

Time to grind for the first gym leader.​

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This is something nike did like 3 or 4 years ago and forgot to finish. It was legendary and this one is looking to be legendary as well already.

ty penis

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P57kli_S4ho

WTF
WTF
WTF

WHO MADE THIS?!?!?!?!?! I laughed so hard

I cant believe that video was made based off of my trash talk/gifs!!!
Since I was going rename all the videos to WINGS, thought I spend a few hours to make y'alls post into a video as the back story behind it.

-----

Grape Going, Nike. Damn gonna hafta claim a bit of rankings after work then.

Speedevee

Smash Rookie
NNID
Speedevee
Two suggestions for next seasons Elo rankings.
1. Use provisional rankings. A lot of good new comers and out of towners have come in and beat people and have really hurt their established ELO.
2. Use a more a aggressive K factor. This will really help mid level players that are improving quick and trying to climb their way out of "ELO hell".

Thoughts? Opinions?

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
WINGS3 (feels weird to say it) singles vids from my end are up!

Here is the playlist

Out of my recordings we have SA players Slush, KPrime, Sylveon, Derwinning, Paul, KO, Dojo, Speedy, and Bonbon.

Also I subscribed to 210 Smash! Hate to sound too self promote-y but I would really appreciate any comments, likes, or if you're feeling awesome - subscribes.

Show your friends, make gfys, do awesome stuff. Here it is guys.

Now I work on converting and slicing up the doubles footage I got. It wasn't much, but I need to juggle school/work so i'll have those up Thursday afternoon.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hoping Samus gets buffed so I can play her in tourney and not spam Up-B OOS a bajillion times just to have a chance against Top/High tiers.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling Diddy is not going to get nerfed or at least not close to the extent everyone is hoping. He's probably going to get something random and dumb tweaked like a slower jab/ less OP up taunt. And then smashbros reddit will be a sea of salt on 4/15-4/15/20xx.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Diddy nerfed in every area
Sheik more lag on fair and less reward from Bouncing fish since that move is already safe on shield gives her infinite landing possibilities and bounces off stages with a hitbox that can literally last for 5+ seconds
Pikachu the size of giga bowser
ZSS less knockback on UpB
Sonic less kill moves or less knockback on a few throws, he can still get rewarded if he lands smashes or bair, throws not so much
Falcon's jab not being so gud
Less Luma knockback, halos nerfed and moves like Dtilt having more lag on use
more lag on ness uair

Dunno on buffs tho, I'd say a couple for my character but nvm.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Diddy nerfed in every area
Sheik more lag on fair and less reward from Bouncing fish since that move is already safe on shield gives her infinite landing possibilities and bounces off stages with a hitbox that can literally last for 5+ seconds
Pikachu the size of giga bowser
ZSS less knockback on UpB
Sonic less kill moves or less knockback on a few throws, he can still get rewarded if he lands smashes or bair, throws not so much
Falcon's jab not being so gud
Less Luma knockback, halos nerfed and moves like Dtilt having more lag on use
more lag on ness uair

Dunno on buffs tho, I'd say a couple for my character but nvm.
only time zss up b kills early with good DI is when she literally carries you into the blast zone, only way to fix that is to make the move non functional.

kills at 100+ middle of the stage and if you miss you die, hardly broken

diddy uair should be only nerf imo

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nerfing Sonic's killpower makes him crap. It's hard as balls to land anything that isn't a grab. :applejack:

Also, mfw not a single nerf to Fox. His jab, nair, bair, uair, and sideB are all stupid. :applejack:

Last edited:
Top Bottom