• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
How late into night/morning do your smashfests usually go? I could go straight from there to work at 4am Saturday if people stay awake that late?

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
San Ang has a full carpool so I won't be able to drive all them. I can fit two more people comfortably in my car if anyone still needs a ride.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

In 2 days The Road to TGC 2 is happening in Houston, TX. Here are some final bits of information you need to know before attending this event.

1. I am in great need of full set-ups. WiiU/Smash 4 or Mario Kart 8/TV. If you bring a full set-up, i will compensate you at the next TGC with half off venue fee or a drink coupon or something. Remember, if you want plenty of practice before/between matches, we need full set-ups. There is no other way.

2. Obeying the time slots are a MUST. I will make no exceptions this time around because i want this event to start/end on time.

Xyro arrives to set-up @ 9:00am
Registration/Practice @ 10:00am
Smash 4 1vs1 (WiiU) @ 11:30am
Smash 4 2vs2 (WiiU) @ 2:00pm
Food break @ 4:00pm (your only chance to eat without being DQed)
Mario Kart 8 (WiiU) @ 5:00pm
Leave the venue @ midnite

3. Be sure and read/be familiar with the rules to this event. Many things are different than they were at TGC 2. The more educated you are on the rules the better prepared you will be on the day of the event. The rules can be found on the tournament discussion page.

4. The weather will be in the low to mid 70s on Saturday but please bring a jacket just in case. We wouldn't want people johning about being too cold, would we?

5. Though not mandatory, it would help me out a ton if you all bring $5 and $1 bills when paying/registering for events. It speeds up registration and makes paying out players easier. Again, just a recommendation.

6. Like last time, the free food is limited to first come first served. So the earlier you get here and the earlier you get in line, the more "guaranteed" you will be to get food.

7. If you need housing before or after TGC, please contact @Sync. and/or @Leaf. they will help you.

8. Finally, due to be being extremely busy today and tomorrow, i have already created the results thread for TGC 2. Please go here to further discuss this event, make predictions and check on bracket updates/results...etc. It can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-road-to-tgc-2-results-on-12-6-2014.381295/

Last edited:

Valdens

Smash Ace
something came up, smashfest is cancelled last minute. If slush can't go, SP500, do you want me to just drive your carpool? All riders add up to 5 total. I wasn't gonna charge gas

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Got all dressed up ready to go, now undressed. That killed the passion for going out.

Valdens

Smash Ace
My wife wanted to go to a dumb holiday party, GPS'd to the wrong place, then wanted to leave really quick when we got there. Free food and liquor for all who come.l, and you can stay all night and crash if you want

Phone typing bad

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Was going through random smash 4 channels and was wondering why my screen looked a bit red.
Then realized why once I looked at the videos.

10 Diddy kongs in 17 videos

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Lolz I'm glad I just barely saw these last few posts, I would have been confused. So basically everything is the same? :)

See y'all in about an hour. I still have open spots if people decide last minute to go to TGC.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's still a lot of Red along with the fact two of the players didn't main Diddy Kong at first in Brawl. ADHD is understandable.

What's weird is Dabuz dropped rosalina/sheik for Diddy as well but stayed with Rosalina in this tournament. Not sure why.

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I think we can consolidate our carpools still SP500? I have two spots and it's only you and Castro, right?
Correct. I'm ok with that. I'm on my way, we can talk about it tonight. I may have to drive separate if y'all aren't coming back Saturday night,

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
he didn't drop rosalina for diddy tho, and he said his olimar that he's barely used is already better than his diddy so I doubt he's going to seriously stick with the character, also jtails was the first person to do anything significant with diddy in smash 4 and m2k is going to use the best character because he wants to win.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Pretty much only going to use Diddy for the ditto until I feel comfortable in it with someone else (probably Olimar because I know the MU from brawl)

Top Bottom