• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
That does bring up the question, outside of Nike how many were watching my match against him?
Yeah I hadn't watched your match with BC, slush. :/ But I imagine it was a headache.

More like gamma and nk vs manu ginobili and tony parker rematch. I'm still salty lol
Me and NK will be there at the next SAM to beat you guys again. Knowing our luck we'll end up facing in doubles yet again anyways.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Assuming nothing changes, Los Finals will be the day after TGC2. Plan accordingly as far as sleep/driving/etc, yall don't wanna be miserable from an out of town trip and then play for serious money lol

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Actually yeah slush how did that match go vs BC(aside from you winning)
Have no clue what that mu even looks like, but I'm guessing eggs do work in that mu?

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well, villager can't kill outside of hard reads (axe bowling ball rng turnips tree etc.) or running into a bair/fair around 140+%, Yoshi has no kill set ups so it's basically running in with attacks when he uses rockets or a laggy move.

So it was essentially eggs and throwing out moves hoping they'd land, game 2 I got two stocks off him cause he regrabbed the ledge twice.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well ****, if the finals are right after TGC2, I'd rather just go to the finals.

Mizumi, SAM2, and LOS for me. Ain't leaving San An again til April. :applejack:

@Slush: Aside from Mindless, all of SA was watching.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
How Mizumi gonna work, we volunteering or have to buy tickets online.

Also didn't think anybody would wanna watch my match outside of Nike because it would've been a spamfest. Outside of me being incredibly hungry for kills.
I fished so damn hard.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I might be walking into an "lol Nike" moment, but does anybody have a spare GameCube adapter that I could borrow? I wanna actually try to play this game, **** maybe even enter a weekly.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
Nike I'll buy you an adapter if you start entering the weeklies punk

CCCM89

Smash Ace
the weekly this thursday is still open for everyone and not the top ten, right? or are we onto that part of the weekly already? I was hoping to get some practice in with someone a little better then the camping scum in for glory.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Correct, if I remember correctly, the Top 10 is only for the LoS Finals which is on Sunday, April 26 (day after TGC2 April 25). Bitter sweet for me since for sure I wont be qualified, I'll be working since it's a Sunday and I'll be doing family stuff cause that's my brother's birthday.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
My Thursdays are free still lmao. I just didn't go to last week's cause I wanted to cool down after SAM2-- and I had plans with a friend anyways. But yeah, always working Sunday morning kills a lot of my Saturday options. I can only attend Saturday tournaments if I can enter, be eliminated, and be home by 8:30pm.

Otherwise lol yeah I getting my ass handed by **** coming up and no going anymore. Ah like in my Brawl days, still sucks.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Not counting the one today, there's been 7 weeklies so far. Need to attend 50% of them and since 4 month season, one weekly we do not need to attend due to last one if in top 10 is a weekly for everyone else except the top 10.

Unless one of the months (I don't know my days of month weeks etc. I sometimes forget order of months and have to start from jan in order to get it right -v-) don't have 4 thursdays, then that means there's 15 weeklies for top 10 instead of 16 so they need to only attend 8 in order to qualify.

So far it's as so.
Tag/Placing | Amount of Weeklies | Remaining
1st Megafox | 5 Weeklies | 3 left
2nd Espy | 5 Weeklies | 3 left
3rd Snorlaxpie500 | 6 Weeklies | 2 left
4th K Prime | 5 Weeklies | 3 left
5th Tesh | 1 Weekly | 7 left
6th Slush | 5 Weeklies | 3 left
7th Shade | 1 Weekly | 7 left
8th Funcrazyfish | 1 Weekly | 7 left
9th Paw | 6 Weeklies | 2 left
10th Jopan | 7 Weeklies | 1 left

Today is 8th one so after that there's 8 weeklies left for people not in top 10 but 7 weeklies left for people that are, attending the last 1-3 for most people that're above 8th place (1700+) should be safe outside of FCF and Shade of course unless they attend the remaining 7 weeklies in order to stay in top 10 along with keeping their spot, or unless a big upset happens.

But if valdens sylveon castro incendiary step up or simply just attend some more to keep themselves at top 10 technically since 3 people that won't be able to attend the top 10 tournament if they don't go to every single one now, it'll look like this for those 4 as of today.
They'll have to fight for the last spot as well until they pull an upset or just barely scratch the surface and stay in top 10 in terms of points.

Tag/Placing | Amount of Weeklies | Remaining
11th Valdens | 5 Weeklies | 3 left
12th Sylveon | 3 Weeklies | 5 left
13th Incendiary | 7 Weeklies | 1 left
14th Castro | 7 Weeklies | 1 left
This does bring up the question though.
What happens if Valdens gets enough points to surpass Jopan at the weekly he can't even attend on the 16th final one? tie breaker Bo5 set to see who gets the last spot?

Off topic but I might not be going to the weekly today, the past 3 or so days everything I've eaten my stomach does not agree with. Will go to next one of course if I don't go. Good luck to everyone.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Weekly | Date
Los Weekly 1-8 | March 5th
Los Weekly 1-9 | March 12th
Los Weekly 1-10 | March 19th
Los Weekly 1-11 | March 26th
Los Weekly 1-12 | April 2nd
Los Weekly 1-13 | April 9th
Los Weekly 1-14 | April 16th (last weekly for the final)
Los Weekly 1-15 | April 23rd (non-top10 bracket)
Los Finals | April 26th (top10 bracket)

Los 1-14 is the last one everyone can enter. Those who wish to qualify for the final need to attend 7 weeklies total, not 8. This shouldn't be an issue for anyone except maybe Sylveon. He did tell me that he's gonna try to attend everything he can.

I'm confused by what your asking me about the Valdens and Jopan scenario, though. Are you asking what happens if a player qualifies for the final but can't attend?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Let's say Jopan has 1700 points. Top 10 can't join the 1-15 tournament cause that's for non-top 10 people.
But if Valdens with 1685 points gets enough wins while at 11th to surpass Jopan for the last 10th place. Does that mean Jopan no longer goes for the tournament Sunday, or do they battle it out the next day to see who gets into the top 10 bracket?

Jopan 10th with 1700 Points before 1-15 starts (unable to join this tournament)
Valdens 11th with 1695 Points before 1-15 starts (can join)

Tournament ends and Valdens now 1720 Points after 1-15 (now qualified to enter)
Jopan now 11th and stays at 1700 (due to being unable to join 1-15 tournament)

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
OH!

Neither. Points are locked after Los 1-14. Los 1-15 won't have any affect on the Final because the top10 bracket will be locked.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Alright that means it is just 7 weeklies people have to attend if they're ok with just doing that and comfortable in thinking they can stay in top 10.

Castro Incendiary and Jopan can be in the final tournament already then if they can keep themselves in the top 10.
That also means if tesh Shade and FCF don't attend today's, they'll need to attend the last 6 in order to qualify as well.

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Oh so the "Finals" for the Non-Top 10 is still a Thursday. Sweet. I just won't be able to spectate Sunday's "Grand" Finals.

Last edited:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Alright that means it is just 7 weeklies people have to attend if they're ok with just doing that and comfortable in thinking they can stay in top 10.

Castro Incendiary and Jopan can be in the final tournament already then if they can keep themselves in the top 10.
That also means if tesh Shade and FCF don't attend today's, they'll need to attend the last 6 in order to qualify as well.
Correct with everything.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Reminder to everyone that Los Weekly 1-8 is tonight at Otaku Cafe! Houston and Eagle Pass may have multiple players attending!

6:00pm Sign Ups
6:30pm Singles Bracket

$5 Venue Fee*
$5 Singles

*Venue Fee waived if you bring either a full setup (tv/wiiu/disc/adapter) or one of the first 7 people to bring a wiiu/disc/adapter for one of the tv's.

I must reiterate how much we need tv's if you can bring one. I provide seven tvs, but we need up to 12 setups to run the tourney as quickly as possible and allow time for friendlies.

Remember to bring your own controller. Let's try to break 40 entrants tonight!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dororo > Keroro
I never checked to see if there's any dororo stuff at Otaku. If there's a sylveon there, somebody do the donation drive for me just like everyone did for Snorlax :3

Top Bottom