• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Smash 4 Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Castro gained 34 points at 1-7. The system I use doesn't tell me the rise or drop between matches. It only shows me the final total.

There was only a bit more than 100 points separating the ranks between Castro and Jopan (and every player in between). That's not much, and beating someone around the same point value as you like that won't be awarding you as much points as beating someone higher in the top five.

Considering that 103 point gap, the fact that you gained 34 and the two of them collectively lost more than they gained (-13 to Jopan and -9 to Incendiary), and that the new gap between Castro and Jopan is now 56 points, that small rise makes plenty of sense.

The only way you'll gain a huge amount of points is if you upset someone above Jopan. Anyone FunCrazyFish and above are definitely the type of player you need to beat for major gains. :applejack:

I forgot that I didn't put in the actual difference of values. If you guys need to know those values, just let me know and I'll check it out.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Here's a few since whenever these are done I usually look at them a few times a day even if they already have point values in, but this time it didn't so here's dis.
Usually look cause it takes nike to update till almost the next weekly for 2nd post to have the new values n such.

Tag | Rating | Gain/Loss
Megafox | 2241 - 2249 | +8
Espy | 2023 - 2002 | -21
Snorlaxpie500 | 1876 - 1898 | +22
Slush | 1666 - 1800 | +134
Paw | 1661 - 1686 | +25
Jopan | 1645 - 1632 | -13
Valdens | 1616 - 1618 | +2
Incendiary | 1605 - 1596 | -9
Castro | 1542 - 1576 | +34

Teshie U

Smash Lord
when are you coming back and when are you leaving? I was just about to buy tickets honestly

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
Ranked 32?
LMAOOOO ok now I know why I got 183 seed at TGC
Dem stats

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
when are you coming back and when are you leaving? I was just about to buy tickets honestly
Oh I'm here already, for spring break. I leave Saturday noon. I mean I could probably house you, just have to ask my parents.

Oh and when I said mega bus like last week I was saying that's how you can get here. That's what I did today, arrived at 11ish.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Houston TOs are convincing that having weeklies will "burn out its players" and thus if I want to attend tournaments I must travel or wait a month.

Plus San An>Houston.

If I could work out a similar arrangement to last week, I think I'll be down to show up again.

I'm considering doing a house tournament on wednesday as well.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Houston TOs are convincing that having weeklies will "burn out its players" and thus if I want to attend tournaments I must travel or wait a month.

Plus San An>Houston.

If I could work out a similar arrangement to last week, I think I'll be down to show up again.

I'm considering doing a house tournament on wednesday as well.
There's a weekly tomorrow not too far from where you are. I think its called Smash United? I'm considering going.

EDIT: https://www.facebook.com/events/1032601276754621

Last edited:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I know I said 8:30 but I got in a good conversation at the bar, #coolstorybro

Videos are up now. Please let me know of typos or mistakes.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
So no monthly in March? I'm no longer able to attend Mizuumi-con cause I'm covering a full 12hr shift for a co-worker on the 21st.
:phone:

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I'll be on the coast that weekend so I won't be recording those matches. I might miss that weekly as well.

Also Nike, I forgot the dates for the seasonal tournament but I will be in Cali on April 24-26th and probably College Station on April 11th. If we can avoid those dates that would be ideal, but I understand if that can't be done.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sorry I know I said 8:30 but I got in a good conversation at the bar, #coolstorybro

Videos are up now. Please let me know of typos or mistakes.
Sweet!

I'll be on the coast that weekend so I won't be recording those matches. I might miss that weekly as well.

Also Nike, I forgot the dates for the seasonal tournament but I will be in Cali on April 24-26th and probably College Station on April 11th. If we can avoid those dates that would be ideal, but I understand if that can't be done.
I was anticipating having the seasonal tourney on sunday the 26th, but I never confirmed it with a venue. I could switch it. How does everyone else feel about this?

So no monthly in March? I'm no longer able to attend Mizuumi-con cause I'm covering a full 12hr shift for a co-worker on the 21st.
:phone:
No monthly in March. I'm gonna try to have SAM3 on April 4th, will hopefully have the thread up before saturday.

Need to confirm it with Fishouse (didn't respond to me yet, shocker) but I'm gonna try to run the Smash4 tourney at Mizzumi anyway.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Smashfest at my place Wednesday night, 8:45 til as late as 1. I'm up 281 on TPC Pkwy. There is only spot for 1 setup so keeping it to 4 people for singles and doubles. Text me at 210-331-3396.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So I guess Mizumi-con is the only thing major for SA to commit to? I'm fine with that, actually. :applejack:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Date (Saturday)| Tourney | Tourney
March 7th | Fight Me IRL (Dallas) | Insomnia (Houston)
March 14th | SpaceLab Sm4sh Tournament (San Marcos) |
March 21st | SFC 1 (Houston) | Mizzumi Con (San Antonio)
March 28th | Aftershock (Dallas) |
April 4th | SAM3 (San Antonio) |
April 11th | SFC 2 (Houston) |
April 18th | |
April 25th | TGC 2 (Houston) |

Last edited:
Tfw there is a mountain of work building up around you but all you can think about is who you're going to play in the next weekly.

I wanna play.
everyone.

so many different characters being played right now it's too fun.

^ OMG! I really wanna do some kind of early afternoon smash fest sometime to put in time against everyone I haven't played. I wonder if we could do free smash fest days at Otaku just to stream and practice and stuff.
I just really want to play everyone. I don't think I'm going to any big tournaments this month... maybe those of us left behind can get together.

Top Bottom