• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Loves Unpredictable Tournaments 2: Teams Edition August 21st

Should teams be $10 or $5 per person?

• $5

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • $10

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
$10 is not even too much money for me. I wouldn't mind paying $10 for Singles & Doubles, but I've only been playing competitively for a few months, so I won't do it higher than $5. Once I've gotten used to the game and all it's MUs, and have obtained enough experience/confidence, then I wouldn't mind paying more at all. This is my same reasoning for OoC tourneys.

That being said, Paw+ is trying to generate Doubles play inside the SA Smash Community. By lowering the price to $5, more of SA would be inclined to enter and would possibly gain confidence/interest in more Doubles, and possibly inspiring them to dish out 5 more dollars next time whilst aiming for a higher payout. I'm sure Paw+ knows that if he raises the price to $10 it would attract more players in general, but Paw+'s priority lies within SA's interest. (At least I think, I'm pretty sure!)
big boss is right so i would rather do 5$ then

Nike.

Smash Hero
San Antonio Loves Unpredictable Tournaments 2: Teams Edition

Yes San Antonio TEAMS edition! Find yourself a teammate, we need doubles in this city!​

When: August 21st, 2010

Where: My house, 3606 Rejillas Dr. 78228 San Antonio Texas

Events and Fees:
No Venue Fee
Brawl Doubles: $5 per person ($10 per team)
Brawl Singles: $10
Redemption: $0

Schedule:
Registration starts at 12. Brawl Doubles start at 1:00 pm, Brawl Singles start when Teams start dying down, same with Redemption

Singles Payouts:
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

Doubles Payouts:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Stage List

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

General Rules
3 Stock for Brawl. 4 Stock for Melee. 4 Stock for Brawl Minus.
8 minute timer.
Items are set to "Off" and "None"
Matches are best of 3. Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5.
Controller port disputes will be resolved by Rock-Paper-Scissors or higher number with G&W's SideB.
Brawl: First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
In teams matches one team will get ports 1 and 4, while the other team gets ports 2 and 3.
Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.
[Time Limit] If the timer runs out, the winner of the game will be determined by the number of stocks (the highest number will win). If stocks are tied, sudden death won’t be used and a tiebreaker round will be played instead. In a tiebreaker round, stock will be set to 1, the timer will be set to 4 minutes, and the same stage and characters must be used.

MLG Rules
No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s grab release infinites against Ness.
No use of King Dedede’s standing grab infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
No use of Metaknight’s infinite cape glitch.
No pausing a game without the other player's permission.
No use of an action that freezes a game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
Any infinite move must end before the affected character reaches 300%.
Players may request a blind pick of characters for the game 1 of a match.
Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a forfeit of the game.
[Stage Striking] For game 1 of each match, the higher seeded player/team must strike three stages from the list of starter stages. The lower seeded player/team must then strike 4 stages from the list of starter stages. The higher seeded player/team must then choose the game 1 stage from the remaining starter stages.
[Ledge Grab Limit] If the timer runs out and a player exceeds the ledge grab limit for that game’s stage, that player/team will forfeit the game. However, if the timer runs out and both players in a 1v1 match, or at least one player on each 2v2 team, exceed the ledge grab limit for that game’s stage, the penalty will not be enforced (instead, use the [Time Limit] rule above). The ledge grab limit will be 35. The ledge grab limits only apply to games/tiebreaker rounds in which the timer runs out.
THE RGV RULE: DO NOT BREAK ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY LAMPS

Redemption
Same rules as singles. Everyone who places 9th and below in singles bracket is placed into their own tournament. In this tournament, the winner gets their entry fee back. 2nd and 3rd get nothing

I made an AiB page for funsies, http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10153 go click attend if you have an AiB account, get medals and stuff.

Confirmed Wiis w/ Brawl:

1. Paw+
2. Big Boss
3. Goofer
4. Espy
5. Nike
6. KoN
7. Alejandro
Confirmed TVs

1. Paw+
2. Paw+
3. Espy
4. Espy (maybe)
5. Nike
6. Nike
7. Alejandro

If you have any questions or anything, you can text me at 210-912-6488
This tourney needs more cereal

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Let's assume there were several lamps in several cities that are involved, and get on with our lives, derka.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
BTW. If Morningstar is coming to this, tell him to bring $5 extra in case we don't play in-tournament.

That 1-1 record is bugging me. :p

Suspect

Smash Hero
haha so you wanna mm paw

diddy to diddy (:
I want to
I might have a teammate already
ozz, santi, or mstar

and just to clarify, i voted for $5 NOT cause I dont have the money, I do. If it had been $10 singles and $10 teams in the first place that would of been cool, i just hate when a price is set and better players ask for it to be raised.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Actually, I didn't really absorb anything new from Brood. :<
Mostly because I can't watch his videos on my connection. ^^;

And that's exactly why I voted for five, Suspect.
+10 respect, sir.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
@ suspect your right on the money what you said about the money. Shame on utd and dojo for wanting to raise the price so they could line their own pockets. I still would of liked to see dojo since he's been absent from tournys lately.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I need a team mate. I probably won't go if I can't find someone to carry me... meaning someone as good or better than me. :p

Santiago where are youuuuu?

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
little FYIs to everyone who shows up tomorrow:

1) don't park behind or in my driveway, i almost guarantee you're going to have to end up moving it
2) try and not to let my cat out, and if you do come tell me and i'll go chase it, its a little ninja lol
3) try not to be late, i want to have this done early so theres time for friendlies and hanging out of sorts.
4) oh and i'm probably not the best person to ask for directions, definitely ask espy or someone else more knowledgeable

thanks <3

Nike.

Smash Hero
Directions to Paw's house from Ingram Park mall:

I still can't believe that you live right next to falcon street.

Btw, if someone needs directions, print this post. I am NOT helping people with directions at the tourney if someone gets lost.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yay. Finding the place should be easy now.

...if I could just find my way to that mall. (not really, though.)
Found my GPS! It was in my backseat under all the trash that I just cleaned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom