• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Hyped for the demo! Someone mind housing me tonight? the best buy is quite literally on the the opposite side of town from where I live and since the event ends at 9, I won't be able to make it back tonight by bus.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I had a good time, it was nice talking to have someone to talk to while waiting in line. I know I saw Valdens there, as I talked with him, and I also think I might have saw Jing there as well, I think you were wearing a blue shirt?

But I wasn't able to get an impression of the game all that much.

Also tagging @ HeroMystic HeroMystic to try and bug him back into the SA scene. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I couldn't really get a good feel of the game. I think it was mainly due to me finding the Wii-U Pro controller very uncomfortable. And I never got a chance to play the 3DS version. And I don't think I'm going back Saturday, seeing as I waited 4+ hours to play a single two minuet match with a uncomfortable controller, for me. If I were to go, it would be solely to try and play the 3DS version since there seemed to have been more setups for them, and even one away from the line. But I still had a good time regardless, it was really fun talking with HeroMystic while waiting in line.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
The hype is a little too real. Not sure what's caused it other than Mario World 3D and MK8 being so good they've revived the Wii U. I'm glad either way.

But you're better off just waiting for the game to release, playing an unfinished game is never as fun as the final product. Just be glad it looks beautiful and prepare for the real launch.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think it was mainly due to the fact that you only got to play it for 2 minutes. :applejack:
That was probably a good chunk of it. But I feel like it would have been better if I was able to have more control over the character then I did. It got to the point where I started spamming Smash attacks lol.

Which by the way, Wii Fit Trainer has weak Smash attacks. Seriously, was attacking a person at high percentage and it barely sent them anywhere.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You nutso Austin. It's totally worth. I was ****ing frothing from the mouth after we played on Wednesday.
And god it looks gorgeous in person. So ****ing beautiful. :applejack:

Also, Spurs kinda kicked the **** out of Miami today.

Last edited:

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You're also the person the demo was least for. lol

Anybody on this forum should take the demo with a grain of salt. The demo's for the casual fans.

And stop having a persecution complex, I never said it wasn't worth going to.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't either.
But I'm not wrong. I played the **** out of those 2 minutes. My pants were so tight. :applejack:

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Yeah, I was there mimgrim, Blue Polo, blue shoes, that was me xD, Espy, Slush, Trevor (Slush's Brother), Kprime, and Paw also went.

Honestly the demo wasn't really worth waiting in line for me, I'd have prolly rather stayed home and practiced P:M or played LoL.

It was worth the wait to hang out w/ everyone after though, I prolly should've just waited in line with the guys tho instead of just hangin' w/ them *after* getting to play.

Also, thanks for housing me Slush had a great time dude, we should do that again sometime, also thanks for the frozen hotdogs, they were delicious, could only have been better with Chili, Mustard and Shredded Cheddar XD

Edit: btw, thanks for introducing me to Choleraninja vids Espy, that ish was hilarious.
Oh and Slush your Yoshi is pretty **** in P:M good stuff brosky

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was more than that too. Aside from Prime, Slush, Trevor, Paw, Zero and I, we saw Castro, Loko, SOS, Kyle, mimgrim, Valdens and his wife, and Santi. Had JUJ, Megafox, and Morningstar showed up, we'd have had San Antonio's entire Smash legacy from 2002-2014 all under one roof.

I had two people recognize who I was from Clash streams. One of the guys hugged me when I walked to go get a controller and told me I was his hero. It was pretty cool.

I want to find a way to get people on board for competitive Smash, and this weekend's probably the best chance outside of San Japan. I'm probably just gonna have them check out Loko's Brawl group if he removed that "Need to be an A&M member to join" thing. :applejack:

Sonic Smooth

Smash Rookie
Whew what a loong time it has been.. just waiting on smash wii u to come out so let the hype train begin.. by the way if yall remember turbo from a long time ago, then thats me

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Also, who's Ganon? Pretty sure that's not a character in Smash 4.

I hope the Mega Zangoose leak is as fake as it looked.

Then again, at least someone took the time to make a fake for it. Arcy gets no love from Nintendo. q.q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom