• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
About the Dallas PM tourney this weekend:

Sethlon said:
Yeah, we should be able to house you guys at my place =)
If you're megabus'ing in, you could take the DART rail/bus line up to my apartment. Not 100% if I'd be able to spring someone to pick you up from the megabus stop.
Anybody interested in going with me?

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Real talk. Yall think zss and to a lesser extent marth will finally get the recognition they deserve. Will Salem continue to play at that level. Will Japan come back with avengence. Will m2k make some ridiculous stand to get zss armor pieces banned?

:phone:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I hope it's at least a wakeup call to american marths, considering the two that made top 8 were both foreign, and all of us here suck. It's cool cause it was two marths that play almost completely opposite. Mikeneko is super textbook and Mr. R is just aggro flashiness, so it's nice to know multiple playstyles for marth can work.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I hope it's at least a wakeup call to american marths, considering the two that made top 8 were both foreign, and all of us here suck. It's cool cause it was two marths that play almost completely opposite. Mikeneko is super textbook and Mr. R is just aggro flashiness, so it's nice to know multiple playstyles for marth can work.
I alway said marth was good, but after a while I started to believe the marth mains, and wrote him off as mediocre. But after this weekend I gotta believe maybe American marth main just gotta step it up. I won't say they don't have the skills to step it up because after last apex I thought m2k was finish as the top mk player but how wrong I was.

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Well idk where I see that from Marth mains (we're usually pretty elitist as far as over-hyping Marth lol). We were pretty depressed after last year's Apex, though and we did have a reality check so that might be what your talking about. Personally, at least 3/4's of my negatively comes from how much MK holds him back from being a beast. Obv great Marth mains overcome it (like every top player of their respective mains) but it's still huge hill to climb.

In theory, I think Marth is a top4 character (I think I voted him third on the tier list before the current one). But realistically his current position is pretty close. Our main concern since the last release is "Marth couldddd be better than Falco and deserve 6th" and I think Apex 13 does support that.

Snake/Diddy/Olimar all had like 1 member in the top16 for Apex. Considering Marth had two top8 (no secondaries, either), there def will be some interesting discussion when the next list comes out.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well idk where I see that from Marth mains (we're usually pretty elitist as far as over-hyping Marth lol). We were pretty depressed after last year's Apex, though and we did have a reality check so that might be what your talking about. Personally, at least 3/4's of my negatively comes from how much MK holds him back from being a beast. Obv great Marth mains overcome it (like every top player of their respective mains) but it's still huge hill to climb.

In theory, I think Marth is a top4 character (I think I voted him third on the tier list before the current one). But realistically his current position is pretty close. Our main concern since the last release is "Marth couldddd be better than Falco and deserve 6th" and I think Apex 13 does support that.

Snake/Diddy/Olimar all had like 1 member in the top16 for Apex. Considering Marth had two top8 (no secondaries, either), there def will be some interesting discussion when the next list comes out.
looks like USA has just been making marth look terrible for too long. Mr R and Mikeneko are alot better than Mikehaze and they show alot of restraint and smarts. I think don't think Marth is very good though. You can clearly see how that type of restraint and talent pays off more with other characters (ZSS).

Nike when will you confirm Nikefest for February? If not I'll just go to DFW instead because I can probably only make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom