• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
It's less required force to push the button all the way down.
Helps for powershielding (at least to me).

Though it's a horrible idea for melee players since you take away your main use of lightshielding and have to use the z button.

megaFoX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
megafox112
@ Nike
i would like the orange controller still but i dont want the springs taken out
i might need a new joystick cause mine is acting up

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
It's less required force to push the button all the way down.
Helps for powershielding (at least to me).

Though it's a horrible idea for melee players since you take away your main use of lightshielding and have to use the z button.
Light shielding isn't even very useful. Techs and wavelands become more difficult if you played with springs for a long while, though.

Gea

Smash Master
Light shielding isn't even very useful. Techs and wavelands become more difficult if you played with springs for a long while, though.
Lightshielding is very useful, but can be character dependent. Also some Melee tournaments ban no spring mods. They used to, at least. Personally I would never give up lightshielding.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So uhh, this 4 year old laptops video card is trashed.
It's now just starting to freeze or shut off instantly even without any PC game like LoL or Killing floor playing.
Think Best Buy might be able to fix the problem or no?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I need details on what's going down tomorrow. :applejack:
@Slush: Is your laptop under warranty? If not, I'm pretty sure Geek Squad can fix it, but they overprice the crap out of everything. Look around for some places that might be able to replace the motherboard or something.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
4 Years
So no.
Geek squad is at best buy, right? If so I can use the remaining money I have for the motherboard whenever I have time tomorrow.
Or more of whoever drives me to Big boss's.

Gea

Smash Master
It may cost as much as a new laptop. Ask for the estimate, go pricematch on some similar quality machines. Usually if the mobo is bad it's more cost efficient to replace the entire thing.

Get a program like GPU-Z or Speed-fan and monitor your laptop's temps, and consider a clean wipe with fresh drivers to see if that helps the problem at all. Chances are you are just up for a new machine.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Espy and I are gonna go to Best buy to see about my laptop and hopefully meet everyone up at Cici's around 4:30. We'll probably be there before then.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
If it's 1604 Cici's, maybe I could go; Bandera* Cici's not much so.
Depends what Big Boss get's his time set on might being able to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom