• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Tesh

Smash Hero
Most recent update said there were 9 pools left to play.

So all of SA should have results I guess.

Sync's pool was just called. Thats pool 80.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Only Prime Espy and Nike got out of Round 1 atleast.
Meek went MK against Paw and game 3 it was either MK on frigate, or YI with Sonic.
He chose YI and lost.

Leaf. just getting ***** from Olimar Diddy Kong ZSS etc.

For me, Lucas and Speed/sonic.
This apex was kinda bad for many reasons, I'm legitimately blaming about 60% towards APEX on why I/others did so bad.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I can imagine, you guys must have been up for like 12 hours before you even played your pool.

I'm beginning to think this community isn't capable of effectively run tournaments. All the big TOs just grab a venue and alot of cool ideas and then it all crashes down. Its not wonder traditional fighting game communities look at Smashers this way. We can't even run tournaments without someone being horrible at math or being unable to estimate how much time it takes to finish events.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>brawl singles starts at 3 PM
>Don't start until 6/7 PM while people who were unlucky enough to get pool 40-80 waits an extra 2-4 hours to play
>not allowed to play friendlies or Disqualified if caught

Even before hand I only had 8 hours sleep thursday-now Sunday. How2fallasleeponfloor?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Sounds like no TO is taking any worst case scenario into consideration.
But sounds like the same case of finishing a tourney at the hotel after being kicked out of the venue.
Curious to hear how disorganized this really is.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Imo, TOs really should just plan to have ALOT of extra time for friendlies, MMs, side events and w/e.

Its really time this game moved onto a quicker set format, its been out long enough that people shouldn't be getting salty over SDing a stock or not being able to adapt quickly enough. Its pretty clear the Smash community doesn't understand that while things look good on paper, they don't ever turn out that way. That goes for theory-craft ****heads like Pierce and TOs that come up short after promising the world on a silver platter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom