• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Paw if you are still playing Skyrim on ps3 read this to "save" yourself

(someone who plat'd it)
Last night I finished Skyrim on PS3 and got the Platinum Trophy (160 hours). I'll post some of the PS3 technicals on my play though here.

First off, this is the first Bethesda game that I didn't simply turn off after 5-8 hours. I prefer JRPGs and more polished games, but Skyrim's world captivated me to fully play the game.

The first 40-50 hours of play I had very few issues. 2 hard crashes & 1 infinite loading screen transition, my save file was under 6MB. Then once my save file hit around 6.6MB the game really started to hiccup, not slide show yet. This is when I started to check the forums & read into the issues.

Around 60 hours I changed my play style since I guessed where this was all going. I maxed out my Speech Skill basically to get a good money supply and slowed down interacting with the world. I stopped grabbing items, searching chests, looting bodies, reading books, etc.. I could make my own potions & sell them for more cash than what I ever needed. I build my ultimate Dragon Scale armor and was on my way to invincibility.

Around 80 hours, my savefile was 9.8MB when the 1.2 patch hit, which dropped is to 9.1 MB. Pre-patch, major slideshows 0 FPS all over the place. I could play for 30 mins then would have to drop to the XMB & restart. I was very close to stop playing. The patch extended that play time to around 2-3 hours before restarting.

I got hit with the Winterhold Legion Quest bug show stopper and had to restart a few hours of play to side with Stormcloaks instead.

From 100 to 160 hours, savefile from 9.1MB to only 11MB. I completely stopped interacting with the world as much as I could. Kill the enemies & ignore everything. The game hard locked about 10 times total.

For me there was no need to grab anything in the world for the last half of my play though. I could craft my own equipment, make my own potions for money, just buy everything, to not change any world state.

My suggestion if you want to fully finish up on PS3 is severely limit your changes on the world. It's not the ideal solution since you should be able to fully immerse yourself & fully interact, but unfortunately Skyrim on PS3 performance degrades as you play.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
lmao.

@suspect i know the ps3 version has problems, but its the only platform i have. Guess i'll just have to deal with it.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Wasn't aware of that PS3 problem. That's pisspoor programming right there. Josh, remember what I said about why I stopped supporting the PS3 entirely.

Hopefully it doesn't affect too much Paw. :(

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
Almost makes me wanna learn the programming part of game design. Fugg that noise though.

Why y'all hating on Sony though? It's the developer's programmers fault.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
so is Nike not playing pokemon anymore? I'm about to unsub san antonio.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I've got 2 chapters to make lol

Also, the flight info for Slush and I has changed slightly. Our flight from SA leaves a half hour early (6:45 I think). Paw, because you bought your flight seperately, idk if yours changed as well. I can resend you our flight info if you need me to.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
ps3 is just harder to program for and the makers of Skyrim ALWAYS make glitchy games, has nothing to do with ps3.

@Kon- ok and what about when the new sony system comes out? lol

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
I've got 2 chapters to make lol

Also, the flight info for Slush and I has changed slightly. Our flight from SA leaves a half hour early (6:45 I think). Paw, because you bought your flight seperately, idk if yours changed as well. I can resend you our flight info if you need me to.
...how would that change anything >_> we're on the same plane.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lmao @ Nike.

And Suspect, the PS3 being hard to program for this late into the run of the console is an issue. :(

Besides, glitchy Bethesda games are the best thing ever. As long as you don't lose an entire save file in Fallout 3 like I did.
fml

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So slush when is your first smashfest

:phone:
I dunno, gimme a week my living room is empty, my own room has nothing except a dresser and bed, and I still need to buy couches and entertainment centers just for the TV to rest on and a place for people to sit down that isn't the chairs for the dinner table.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Slush should let me be his room mate so I can bum off his welfare with him and just save all my money.

anyways, Austin, Josh or anyone who isnt scared of breast..hit me up if you wanna go to a strip club this weekend. It's cold so you know they nippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom