• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So yeah, no one's said anything concerning carpools or the like for Zigsta's thing this weekend.
Guess we're not going after all? :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
If y'all WERE going, what time would y'all leave? If it was early/mid afternoon and free carpool spot, I'd should be available to go.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So yeah, gonna be leaving for SA in 2 or 3 hours to drop stuff off at the apartment.
If carpools fill up while i'm gone, despite sitting in front of the laptop all week waiting for discussion on it like the championships, gonna be a bit annoyed.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, gonna be leaving for SA in 2 or 3 hours to drop stuff off at the apartment.
If carpools fill up while i'm gone, despite sitting in front of the laptop all week waiting for discussion on it like the championships, gonna be a bit annoyed.
Someone obv doesnt know about SA's half ***** way of doing/planning things.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Chapter 1: Close Calls Already
Chapter 2: The Slow Grind
Chapter 3: Hunting before the Storm
Chapter 4: Whitney
Chapter 5: A Bright Future
Chapter 6: The Deception

Chapter 7: Curse Island Strikes Again

Inserting Sweetooth into the Cemetery was a very low blow. I babied from the very beginning since he's worthless til the **** TM's towards the end of the game. All that, and a crithax thunder. Srsly, WHY WOULD ANYBODY follow up a screech with a thunder? :(

Chuck's gym was not easy. The trainer battles leading up to him were all difficult. Hitmonlee hit super hard. Hitmonchan knew Ice/Fire/Mach Punch. Ice/Fire somehow were doing 1/3 life to Blaze. Switched out to Penis and he ate a scary crit Mach Punch. Barely lived. I think I had to go to the Center after every single fight lol.

Penis, my usual leader, is normal so obv he's just free food if I send him out. HM Slave seems like a nice choice. Flying is resistant, he has good defenses because of his lvl, and guaranteed damage from dragon rage.

Primeape tried to use multiple Double Teams to make a Focus Punch easier, but Dragon Rages kept hitting. Though he healed (meaning I used another 3 PP), Primeape went down with little fuss. Poliwrath presented some troubles, though. Body Slam caused immediate Paralysis. I thought maybe I could switch out to Razer. If he keeps hitting me he'll get static, and I could possibly kill with a single thunder. Withdrew to Razer and ate a surf. It does more than half damage, so I'll die if I stay out. The it hit me that switching back and forth between HM Slave and someone else (healing along the way) will give alot of intimidations to Poliwrath, making non-surf moves weak.

What I didn't plan into account was my PP from Dragon Rage being completely drained. With not enough potions, I sacrificed him to get a last big attack off. Razer then finished him off. It was a worthy sacrifice.

Got my focus punch, fly, turned in the medicine, and was ready to fight Jasmine.

Current Team said:
Blaze lvl 27
Penis lvl 30
Razer lvl 26
Akali lvl 23
Lightning lvl 14
There's a big problem, however. Both Magnemites know Thunderbolt/ThunderWave/Supersonic. Quilava will not be able to take 3 thunderbolts (die from 2 with crithax), and paralysis will not be fun.

Steelix knows Rock Throw. This means I cannot use Blaze or Lapras from the threat of OHKO. Rock Smash from Penis will be extremely weak, regardless of type.

I then take a look at the PC fodder. No point n having lvl14 Lightning in (especially because of his importance, should I lose the battle and have nobody left). Kookie knows Surf and Mud Shot. Mod Shot is weak but lowers speed, while Surf will be at least some form of damage. At lvl20, he should be able to take an Iron Tail/Rock Throw. Kookie seems like a huge yes.

Everyone else seems to be trash and a waste. Thought about Leech Seed from Thunder, but I don't think it works on Steel types (I may be wrong, but wasn't taking any chances). Magnemite could be an option. Magnet Pull means he can't escape as soon as I switch him in (I was actually wrong about this, since Steelix doesn't have it. I just wasn't thinking lol). I decided to go with him because of a possible Supersonic, guarunteed damage from Sonicboom, and he can take 2 hits.

Current Team said:
Blaze lvl 27
Penis lvl 30
Razer lvl 26
Akali lvl 23
Kookie lvl 20
Neo lvl 16
This doesn't look like a winning battle. I guess it will completely depend on how much the first Magnemite screws with Blaze.

I take a DEEP breath and start the battle.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Alright, someone stop being so ******** about traveling. I haven't even talked to you guys about going on here and I still made more plans to try and take a car up there. If I can't drive, I've already requested a spot in Nike's, hope I wasn't too late since I was at work. I'll have 5 bucks for gas to anyone who can take me if not. Were you driving Josh?

If nobody else is driving, would you be able to Sus? C'mon guys, it's Zigsta's Graduation Party, let's not be lazy for once.

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, Nike and I aren't the only one with cars. I can name a handful of people that can take the initiative too. The rest need to get off their ***** and get their license/buy a car.

Edit: Dang, semi-hivemind, Austin. I'm checking right now if those in my carpool are KoNfirmed. If not, I'll let y'all know asap for spots. As of now, it's already full.

:phone:

Nike.

Smash Hero
Chapter 1: Close Calls Already
Chapter 2: The Slow Grind
Chapter 3: Hunting before the Storm
Chapter 4: Whitney
Chapter 5: A Bright Future
Chapter 6: The Deception
Chapter 7: Curse Island Strikes Again

Chapter 8: The Beginning of the End

Team for Jasmine:

Current Team said:
Blaze lvl 27
Penis lvl 30
Razer lvl 26
Akali lvl 23
Kookie lvl 20
Neo lvl 16
Immeditaly I realize my mistake for not spending more time at the Poke Mart.

Magnemite used Thunder Wave.
Blaze used Ember.

Magnemite used Thunderbolt.
Blaze used Ember.
Magnemite Fainted.

Blaze is less than 1/3 health after a single thunderbolt. I thought he could take 3, but I underestimated STAB Tbolt.

Jasmine sends out Steelix.

We livinnnnnn.

Nike withdrew Blaze.
Nike sends out Neo.
Steelix used Rock Throw.
It's not very effective.

I guess now I have to heal Blaze, meaning I'm sacrificing Neo. Worthy trade, though.

Nike used Super Potion on Blaze.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
Iron tail missed.

WOW. If I had known that would've happened, I could have tried Supersonic and then healed on the next turn.

Steelix used Iron Tail.
Magnemite fainted.

Yep. Well, now's the time for a little strategy. I send out Kookie.

Steelix used Iron Tail.
Kookie used Mud Shot.
It's super effective.
Steelix's speed fell.

Holy ****, that is an extremely big deal. My entire team can now attack first, as opposed to only Penis. Very much needed.

Kookie used Surf.
It's super effective.
Steelix used Rock Throw.
Kookie fainted.

Surf actually did more damage then I thought.
Kookie went out a champion in my eyes. Very happy about that speed reduction and tickytack damage.

Nike sent out Razer.

Thunder/shock/wave won't hit obv. I decide to try to spam Growl. I want Iron Tail and Rock Throw to do as little damage as possible before I try the grind it out strategy with Penis again.

Razer used Growl.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
Razers defense lowered.

Razer used Growl.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Razer used Growl.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
Razers defense lowered.

Nike used Super Potion.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Razer used Growl.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
Razers defense lowered.

I'm forced to switch out. Got that attack lowered, but it keeps being negated by Iron Tails lowered defense. I switch to Penis and take an Iron Tail.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix's defense was lowered.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
Penis' defense was lowered.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
Steelix missed.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

We traded lowered defenses. I'll send out Razer again. He's got enough health to get out those last 2 Growls while I heal him and Penis. I can then spam all the Rock Smashes I want.

Nike withdrew Penis.
Nike sent out Razer.
Steelix used Iron Tail.
A critical hit.
Razer fainted.

Crithax strikes again. This hurt. Not only did I lose the 2-3 turns for Growl/heals, but an extremely important member of my team (that I just caught) is gone. RIP Razer.

So after 5734805663 Iron Tails, it's only missed once. Meanwhile, it's lowered defense almost every turn. I'm down to 3 Super Potions at this point, idk how much longer Penis can withstand the onslaught.

Nike healed Penis with Super Potion.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix used Sandstorm.

Man, considering I've lowered his defense 3-4 times now, Rock Smash is still doing the same amount of damage. Lowered attack from all the Growls seemed to have little effect as well. THANK GAWD Kookie got that lowered Speed a long time ago, it's helped immensely.

Nike used Rock Smash.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Nike healed Penis with Super Potion.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix healed with Sitrus Berry.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Eff, a Sitrus Berry. That was about as much as a Rock Smash, giving Steelix a free turn. Another plan has slightly backfired. Steelix is not using Rock Throws at all. I was hoping he would so that, in the case of Penis dieing, Lapras and Quilava would be safe since theres no more PP. That plan fell through.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Steelix is finally approaching the red. WAIT. OH ****! If she uses Hyper Potion after this turn, I'm boned. I cant use Hyper Fang and then Rock Smash, the Hyper Fang will still put him in the Hyper Potion range. Oh man, this could be bad.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix used Iron Tail.

Okay. If she doesn't heal, Steelix dies. If she heals, I'm gonna run out of PP for Rock Smash and not have enough potions to sustain. GG scenario.

Penis used Rock Smash.
Steelix fainted.

Penis is getting re elected for the next term of office. Sweet, looks like I'm going to es-

Jasmine sent out Magnemite.

****! Totally forgot about the other one. This actually isn't good.

Magnemite used Thunder Wave.
Penis was paralyzed.
Penis used Rock Smash.
It's super effective.

Not good news. The Rock Smash barely didn't reach halfway on the health. Because it didn't lower defense, it will take more than 2 to kill. Lapras will be OHKO from bolt. Quilava was healed so he's only missing 10-15 hp. However, he's still paralyzed. Nike, wtf. why didn't you buy heals for that, there so cheap. And AGAIN you ran out of potions. You idiot.

Magnemite used thunderbolt.
Penis is unable to move.

**** **** **** **** **** ****. That would've put him in the red, meaning he takes one hit to kill. This isn't good. Time to use my last potion, though I'm not sure it'll help much.

Penis used Super Potion on Penis.
Magnemite used Sonicboom.

An ember from Blaze may or may not kill Magnemite. He's at that exact range of HP where I can't tell, pure 50/50. I can't switch him in, though, because he'd die from 2 bolts before attacking. Lapras will be murdered from tbolt... that can only mean one thing.

Penis has to die for Blaze to have a chance to kill Magnemite.

I asked Jasmine for a timeout. I ran to the middle of the stadium and approached my comrade. "Penis, I have never been so proud of a pokemon in all my life. Never have I enjoyed catching Rattata's, but you've given me hope. I don't deserve a pokemon as amazing as you." Covered in blood from so many Iron Tails in that never-ending sandstorm, Penis began to cry. It was even worse because he couldn't move from the paralysis. I picked him up in my arms, gave him a warm hug, and whispered in his hear "I'll always cherish our friendship. Goodbye, my friend."

The battle resumed. I had to look away as a thunderbolt sounded off in the gym. Penis was gone.

Nike sent out Blaze.

Yet another win/lose scenario. Somethings going to happen right here:

• Thunderbolt will crithax, Blaze will faint, Lapras will be OHKO'd, I lose.
  • Blaze will be unable to move after tbolt, Blaze dies from following tbolt, Lapras will be OHKO from tbolt, I lose.
  • Blaze hits with an ember, Magnemite barely lives, I lose.
  • Blaze uses ember, Magnemite faints, I escape from this nightmare.

Heaven or hell, let's rock.

Magnemite used Thunderbolt.

Blaze survived with 13 HP. It is time.

Blaze used Ember.
Magnemite fainted.

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I almost didn't want to win because of what happened to Penis and all the time's he's saved me. Iron Tail as a reward was a pure insult to his grave.

Current Team said:
Blaze lvl 27
Penis lvl 30
Razer lvl 26
Akali lvl 23
Kookie lvl 20
Neo lvl 16
This chapter actually happened yesterday. Skool took all day, though. On top of that, I need awhile to actually make a plan for the rest of the challenge since I have a lvl 27 Quilava, lvl 25 Lapras, and a bunch of PC fodder.

Next chapter (or two if I make it that far) are going to be very interesting.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Espy has a legitimate reason, his car is fairly unreliable. As for me, if anyone knows my home life, getting the car is difficult since it's my family's only vehicle.

All I'm asking is that someone definitively says what carpools will be so we can all plan from that.

Nike ninja'd, thanks a ton. :D

Me right now: http://www.dump.com/2010/11/02/celtics-fan-dances-epically-video/

Espy, Nike uses italics for thoughts. He's making me miss writing. lmao

Bɪɢ Bоѕѕ

Smash Apprentice
My car isn't very reliable either. It may be more than most, but the only reason I take mine is because I know most of SA wouldn't even make the effort. Save Nike.

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
If I was able to drive I wouldn't be asking for a spot (which ill get to in a bit) my car has been having issues since my last trip to Austin so I'm not taking it out if town again until I fix it, I'm not putting my life and others in danger.

I was the first person to call a spot in an open carpool and of course I didn't get one. Cool.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I didn't see that.
If you show me the quote, I'll give the last person who asked the boot. Idk who that is though lol.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Better question, who is carpooling? I call a spot in someones car!
He said this 2 weeks ago, but that was before any carpools were announced. :\

Also, you did say earlier today in the thread Sus that you weren't sure if you were going. You hadn't mentioned a thing about carpools since the post I quoted. :(

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Better question, who is carpooling? I call a spot in someones car!
This was posted on the 23rd lol

@max10n. That was for ikkicon

I was the one who brought up the Carpools which made josh and Nike start there's and I asked for a spot. Don't hate, u mad

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I'm not disagreeing, I even took the time to check if you had called a spot. I'm just saying that's the last you mentioned it until right now. :\

Pawpaw, you got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom