• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just noticed why my wii wasn't used during the tournament.

I forgot to put in Brawl, I left Sonic Colors in there... But I still brought the case and game for brawl.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
He paid $1 to Kyro to have the opportunity to have his way with Nike
It was a damn good show

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
can anyone else tell me anything usefull for falco
-Learn how to properly double-laser so it hits high and silent/low laser
-jabs are godly, and tilts are really useful
-learn to space and bait opponents
-backair can also be used to hit in front of you

Kyronexx

Smash Apprentice
your secrets on how to use Ike have been exposed

@Loko dood i haven't seen your signature in such a long time, actually now that i look at it it reminds me of the Chinese finger trap from the Adams Family movie, except that one had dragon heads.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Here you go Mew2king:

Laser Locking
You know what this is. Remember that, besides getting the free 20-30% on the opponent, the main use of the lock is to refresh your entire movepool. Remember, to refresh/unstale a move means using 8 other moves first. 8 lasers from a laser lock makes this super easy and **** :)

There are 3 legit ways to Laser Lock:

• Dthrow -> Jab -> Laser Lock
This is the main setup. Start doing Dthrow -> Jab after doing the chaingrab to spike/dacus. In other words, try this from 45-89%. The jab will miss if the opponent DI's straight up. However, lots of people instead DI away from falco (trying to get away from him lol).

If you have an EXTREMELY good reaction time, you can watch the opponent after the jab to see if they do land on the ground. If they jump/aerial/air dodge before touching the ground, you can instead do an illusion after the jab. Perfect punisher of the air dodge.

• Ftilt from around 65-90% -> Laser Lock
Pretty self explanatory. Only works if they let their character fall to the ground.

• Aerial (usually Bair) from platform (usually BF) -> turn around -> laser lock
I showed you this last night. To practice this, go to training mode and select battlefield (metaknight makes a good CPU). make sure there on the edge of the platform. Bair them so that they fall off. Turn to face them and then laser lock. Derp.

A good thing to keep in mind: if you choke the laser lock and the opponent starts to stand up, IMMEDIATELY do jump -> illusion. If timed right, the illusion will hit the opponent as there standing up. **** :)

Wall Jump -> Illusion
Wall jumping is when your against the side of a stage (practice on battlefield) and you press away from the wall. The character literally jumps off of it towards the edge of the level (hence why illusion afterwords is almost always going to happen lol).

2 ways to practice this. Illusion onto the stage and illusion back to the ledge. The one that puts you back on the ledge requires fast reflexes on the joystick, but it's still good to know. Practice it til it's second nature.

Illusion Ledge Cancel
I cannot stress how **** this is, but it requires pretty good timing. It's the one where you illusion on the ledge, but it kind of canceled and you start to float down. You also have your second jump back.

Falco's feet have to be level with the stage. One way to try this is to stand on the ledge, hit the joystick off stage (as if your running) and immediately illusion back to the stage. The timing is strict. Too early and you go back on stage. Too late and you grab the ledge.

Learning this IS A REQUIREMENT as a falco main. Trust me, it's sooooo **** if you can do it second nature. DEHF uses this for mindgames when illusioning back to the stage and it's awesome.

Illusion Cancel
Pressing the B-button at a certain time during an illusion cancels it in half. Very good mixup/mindgame. Perfect when you see the opponent charging a smash where you'll land, and then it was cut in half lol. Learn the timing of it.

Turn Around Laser
While in the air, tap the joystick towards the opposite direction your facing and then press b to laser. This is good for when you drop from a platform on battlefield to shoot towards the stage when the opponent is dashing across the stage towards you. Easy peasy.

*combining this with a Ledge Jump Double Laser or illusion is absolute **** if the first laser hit the opponent/they powershielded. More on that in a second.

B-Reversal
When falco is in the air and floating towards the direction he's facing, press b -> opposite direction very fast (hit the joystick AFTER pressing b) and falco will jolt towards the other direction and shoot a laser. You may have seen snake do this with grenades a bunch when he's falling down. This will probably take a little time to learn, but when you figure out the timing it becomes second nature.

Ledge Jump Double Laser
This is the one we practiced a little. Drop off the ledge (fast fall) -> double jump -> turn around laser (use the joystick to also land on stage, but not too much that you use illusion) -> double laser. If timed PERFECT, both lasers will be low to the ground and the second one is silent. LEARN THIS. After awhile this can turn into a mixup with illusion instead, making it hard for the opponent to punish :)

Dacus
I know you were having trouble learning it last night, but it's simply a requirement. If it takes you a whole day to learn the timing, do it.

Make sure the dash attack hits the opponent before pressing the c-stick up. There's a rhythm behind it. You'll get it.

It's possible to do from 0-70%ish. After that, the usmash will most likely miss. Not a bad thing, by 70% you'll want to save the usmash as a kill move anyway. However, you'll most likely be using DACUS from 40-70% because before that is the chaingrab range, which is far more beneficial. This is a very good alternative if dair spike after the chaingrab isn't what you wanna do.

Practice all of these whenever your at home doing nothing. You'll actually feel yourself getting better at the game lol. I wouldn't bother trying to tackle the other hard dacus or the frame perfect bdacus til you learned all of this.

Hope this was helpful. It ***** Paw anyway :p

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
You said you wouldn't believe my build is better unless I showed number proof so here it is.

[collapse="For Espy"]
Tristana

Base Attack Speed - 0.656 (+51.2195% at 18)
Attack Speed at lvl 18 - 0.992

Item Build 1 - 15805 Gold (the build you had)

-Berserker's Greaves
-Madred's Bloodrazor
-The Black Cleaver
-Frozen Mallet
-The Bloodthirster
-Sword of the Divine

+155% Attack Speed
+205 Damage

No Rapid Fire
Attack Speed: 2.009
Damage: 304
Physical DPS: 610.736
Magic DPS: 291.305 (vs. 3000 hp target)
Total DPS: 902.041

With Rapid Fire
Attack Speed: 2.599 (capped at 2.5)
Damage: 304
Physical DPS: 760
Magic DPS: 362.5 (vs. 3000 hp target)
Total DPS: 1122.5

Item Build 2 - 17665 Gold (with Infinity Edge instead of Sword of the Divine)

-Berserker's Greaves
-Madred's Bloodrazor
-The Black Cleaver
-Frozen Mallet
-The Bloodthirster
-Infinity Edge

+95% Attack Speed
+285 Damage
+25% Critical Rate (Criticals do 2.5 times damage)

No Rapid Fire
Attack Speed: 1.615
Damage: 384
Physical DPS: 852.72
Magic DPS: 234.175 (vs. 3000 hp target)
Total DPS: 1086.895 (Only 36.605 dps less than build 1 with Rapid Fire.)

With Rapid Fire
Attack Speed: 2.206
Damage: 384
Physical DPS: 1164.768
Magic DPS: 264.72 (vs. 3000 hp target)
Total DPS: 1429.488 (306.988 dps more than build 1 with Rapid Fire.)
[/collapse]

Nike.

Smash Hero
If I join LoL, I'd def wanna be a defensive tank. What's my best option, or something that helps the SA players the most? lol

Also, did the math for Apex trip.
Plane Ticket, Roundtrip: $351
Venue, Singles: $45
4 nights at hotel, $20 each night (to be safe): $80

That's $476. This does not include the taxi to the hotel (hour and a half drive from the airport) or food. If your looking for a safe estimate, $600 would cover everything. Remember, 2/3 of that will be payed online. I say $600 because food/drink money is ALWAYS more than what you plan and random things pop up where your forced to shell out random money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom