• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
For all intents and purposes, I grew up with that soundtrack. I can safely say remaking the music is a bad idea.

Having listened to it though, it's not terrible. It's needless, but not terrible. They cleaned the audio on a lot of songs that didn't need cleaning. The effect is tinny, but with a higher energy. I will listen to the rest as soon as I start playing tonight, but I am not upset by the changes.

I wish they hadn't touched them, but I don't consider it terrible.

Valdens

Smash Ace
It just doesn't mention video game tournaments anywhere on the schedule. I had no idea it was this weekend until like five minutes ago.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
After playing for like 7 hours, the main battle theme doesn't bug me at all. It's louder, definitely different, but still the same kind of song.

Then again, the original main battle theme of X wasn't the best of the series to begin with so...

Also, in HD Seymour looks like he has chest hair.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Most(all of our top 10 except espy and nike) of the melee crew will be up in Austin if you guys want to take melee for free. All you have to do is beat Kyle.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Yeah pretty much since he is running it. Maybe Xilopryce. Rest of us and the rest of the good Texas players will be at Crescendo. So it's looking like free money for Kyle unless you want to take it from him.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
You weren't wrong though, it does feel weird at first. As long as they don't touch Otherworld when you fight Jecht I'll be cool with it.

I like the expert sphere grid tho.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No longer doing Big lou's. Espy sed you guys should still save for another time for high school meeting or whatever so we're doing cici's instead.
Same time, be there at 3. Not sure if doing laser quest afterwards, if not then we're just going back to my place, hang out, league, etc. until leaf. austin etc. are here then eventually go out to get alcohol to drink and see FZ off tomorrow around 12 PM.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Sounds like reservations could not be made
Just woke up so haven't checked outside yet, but maybe the weather is going to be bad during the day
Has Espy notified 610, Trising, and ZConf about this change yet?

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
Yeah pretty much since he is running it. Maybe Xilopryce. Rest of us and the rest of the good Texas players will be at Crescendo. So it's looking like free money for Kyle unless you want to take it from him.

Too lazy to post pic so just imagine the fry meme "not sure if serious or trolling".

Last edited:

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Damn it if I didn't have an interview tomorrow morning, I could've journeyed
[Collapse="The Journey to Become a Pokemon Master"]
Referee Beros prepared the board and figures.
PkmnTrainer(s) Espy, Slush, K Prime, Tofer, and FZ started their journey.
PkmnTrainer Espy boards the SS Anne for 5 turns times 1 penalty per turn.
PkmnTrainer Slush develops the "twice the penalty if not finished in 10 seconds" for the rest of the game.
PkmnTrainer Slush is confused for 3 turns .
PkmnTrainer K Prime encounters Snorlax, does not sing and takes the penalty.
PkmnTrainer FZ gets on the SS Anne for 3 turns times 4 penalties per turn.
PkmnTrainer Slush is confused for 2 turns.
PkmnTrainer Slush encounters MissingNo. Rolls a 5~6 on his third roll and does not have his save file corrupted.
PkmnTrainer Espy develops the "shimmy gesture." Once per turn, the last one to gesture takes a penalty.
Leader Koga used Toxic. Every PkmnTrainer is now badly poisoned.
PkmnTrainer K Prime caught a Vaporeon. It follows him the rest of the game.
PkmnTrainer Espy evolved Charmeleon into Charizard and took a penalty, but is able to skip Leader Sabrina.
PkmnTrainer Espy still challenges Leader Sabrina and sweeps her team, earning an extra turn.
PkmnTrainer K Prime takes 7 turns to capture the legendary birds.
PkmnTrainer Tofer takes 5 turns to capture the legendary birds.
PkmnTrainer FZ encounters Snorlax, sings the Pokemon Theme song without penalty.
PkmnTrainer Slush challenges Leader Blaine but loses 6 rolls in a row with a penalty for each.
PkmnTrainer FZ encounters MissingNo. Loses all three rolls and has his save filed corrupted, thus restarting back at Pallet Town.
PkmnTrainer Slush is confused for 1 turn.
PkmnTrainer K Prime challenged the Elite Four 3 times.
PkmnTrainer K Prime WHITED OUT!
PkmnTrainer FZ challenged Leader Misty for a second time.
PkmnTrainer FZ WHITED OUT!
PkmnTrainer Tofer is still challenging the Elite Four
PkmnTrainer Trising started his journey.
PkmnTrainer Maaaaaaaaaan is still in his house at Pallet Town eating like a *****.
Referee Beros was released back into the Wild. Bye, Beros!
[/Collapse]
Something something roughly transcribed with many missing or uneventful details.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
They had CRTs this time? I got pretty salty I had to face an arrow-spamming Pit on an HDTV last time.
I didn't know they even had one til I checked their FB page the day before.

At least you got prizes, Espy nor KoN got anything for first.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
They had CRTs this time? I got pretty salty I had to face an arrow-spamming Pit on an HDTV last time.
I didn't know they even had one til I checked their FB page the day before.

At least you got prizes, Espy nor KoN got anything for first.
Nope got nada. Went to mizuumicon hoping for melee but they only had brawl. Finally got enough ppl for pm but only 8 entrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom