• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Rivals...Who gets the SSBB spot?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Oyster, good post.

That's about it. Nothing else to say.

[Edit:]

I lied.

I don't think it's hard for Sakurai to simply ask Retro Studios about ideas for Dark Samus, is it?
Not...at...all. It would be very easy, why wouldn't Retro Studios want to help Hal Laboratories in creating the biggest game Wii will ever have?

Sensai

Smash Master
And Rhyme scores another point.

But the thing is that Brawl probably will not come out until after MP3, so those sales probably won't take away much, will they?

On top of that...it's all Nintendo property, right? So doesn't Nintendo have some say in all of this? Can't Nintendo swoop down like the mother company it is and intervene?

Sensai

Smash Master
Well, Nintendo knows that Smash is a big deal (just kinda), so they'll want it to sell like hotcakes. Thus, it would be understandable if they came in and said 'tell them what they need to know'.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well, Nintendo knows that Smash is a big deal (just kinda), so they'll want it to sell like hotcakes. Thus, it would be understandable if they came in and said 'tell them what they need to know'.
Yes, I was agreeing with you if you couldn't tell.

Oh yeah, Smash bros is just kinda a big deal.:laugh: It's not like it will be the top selling Wii game or anything.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
See, on one hand, I do think concede it could be kinda easy for Sakurai to mosey over (or whatever it is the japanese do) and say, "So, 'sup? What you got for me?"

On the other hand, I get a distinct feeling it doesn't work that way. It'd seem to me that Nintendo can utilize games that are already out considering they're all under the Nintendo brand, but games that are still in development still strike me as a grey area.

Meh. I still prefer Ridley. He's been on three different platforms and about an equal number of different games. Between Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, and Zero Mission, I think they'd have more to work with.

Bowser meets Metaknight. I dunno. Seems pretty savage to me.

shaka999

Smash Rookie
I hope ridley of all characters gets in, and i think he has fair enough chances. Dark Samus on the other hand is too new IMO, besides i feel that him/her/it would be too much of a Samus clone, plus, Ridley is more widley known than DS, despite DS being in a more recent new metroid game (side note: didn't M:ZM come out after MP:2?) anywho, my vote goes for Ridley

Rhyme

Smash Lord
See, on one hand, I do think concede it could be kinda easy for Sakurai to mosey over (or whatever it is the japanese do) and say, "So, 'sup? What you got for me?"

On the other hand, I get a distinct feeling it doesn't work that way. It'd seem to me that Nintendo can utilize games that are already out considering they're all under the Nintendo brand, but games that are still in development still strike me as a grey area.
I guess it is an opinion thing. I guessed, considering the influence Sakurai has over the world of Nintendo right now, that Retro might be willing to co-operate, but I guess chances are equally good that they would classify such information. Whatever you choose to believe, I can't change that.

Meh. I still prefer Ridley. He's been on three different platforms and about an equal number of different games. Between Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, and Zero Mission, I think they'd have more to work with.

Bowser meets Metaknight. I dunno. Seems pretty savage to me.
Ridley does have the history of apperances advantage, but I would still prefer Dark Samus. I guess the driving factor for me, which I know you will consider unfair, is that the first Metroid game I ever played was Metroid Prime. I never got involved with the history of Ridley, so to me Dark Samus is the only villain I am acustomed to, thus making her my number one choice. Maybe if I had fought Ridley a few more times I would like him better, but I have only had the fortune of seeing how amazingly cool DS is.

What are you saying about Bowser vs Metaknight?

Sensai

Smash Master
He's saying that Ridley is Bowser meets Metaknight.

And Rhyme, I thought you were being sarcastic when you were agreeing with me. Then you thought I was being serious about Smash being 'kinda' a big deal. Ah, sarcasm sucks over the internet!

And I don't think it goes down exactly as lightly as what you said, MiraiGen, but I doubt that it would be confidential or something like that.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Not really 'confidential,' but kind of...I dunno...

Like, I can see Sakurai going that far to make a kickass character, but on the other hand, I can also see him saying, "Well, let's just take what we got from Metroid Prime 2 and just go from there. We don't need Prime 3 info."

Ridley does have the history of apperances advantage, but I would still prefer Dark Samus. I guess the driving factor for me, which I know you will consider unfair, is that the first Metroid game I ever played was Metroid Prime. I never got involved with the history of Ridley, so to me Dark Samus is the only villain I am acustomed to, thus making her my number one choice. Maybe if I had fought Ridley a few more times I would like him better, but I have only had the fortune of seeing how amazingly cool DS is.

Bowser meets metaknight. You know, flies alot, big heavy and medium fall speed, brutal smashes, can't combo too well.

Anyway, yeah, I can see how starting with Metroid Prime would make it so upon seeing Ridley wasn't a "HOLY ****" nearly as much as me.

Hell, I remember Ridley and Kraid when they were little blue ****ty sprites. Seeing him go from that to Super Metroid and Zero Mission to Metroid Prime was a total geek boner. I can't wait for him in MP3.

So, Ridley's got the track record and Dark Samus has the "easily workable and fairly recent." It's a tossup. Hell, we don't even know if they're including more characters from Metroid universe at all.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I guess it is an opinion thing. I guessed, considering the influence Sakurai has over the world of Nintendo right now, that Retro might be willing to co-operate, but I guess chances are equally good that they would classify such information. Whatever you choose to believe, I can't change that.

I played MP first too, Metaridley was awesome there, best fight in the game and DS was nothing but a tiny ending movie. Then I played Fusion which was awesome and Had ridley in it who I loved again, Then I played MP2 which was crap in comparison to MP with rubbish weapons and Ideas (a light and dark world? come on) and stupid enemies that wouldn't spawn till you entered an area, fighting the space pirates was still awesome. I haven't finished it because the dark world was just dull to me, taking damage wasn't an intuitie thing it was just annoying and the boss fights sucked, it was just fight the creature normally.... then fight it again but dark. I didn't like MP2 much so I didn't like Dark Samus as much (ooh an evil samus... how scary) I did however thoroughly (sp?) enjoy MP with the Ridley fight being amazing (he bombs you flies around, lands and roars right in your face, that was just, wow. I also found it harder than the MP fight, Ridley is much cooler than darl samus, why d'you think they keep bringing him back?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Sensai, I understood that you were being sarcastic, but I guess I didn't do a good enough job to show that I was being sarcastic as well. I agree with you, so I extended the joke.

Miraigen, Ridley will probably get in before any other Metroidverse character, and they might just stop at him. I am simply arguing the other side by trying to show how cool Dark Samus is; I don't believe she gets as much credit as she deserves.

I played MP first too, Metaridley was awesome there, best fight in the game and DS was nothing but a tiny ending movie. Then I played Fusion which was awesome and Had ridley in it who I loved again, Then I played MP2 which was crap in comparison to MP with rubbish weapons and Ideas (a light and dark world? come on) and stupid enemies that wouldn't spawn till you entered an area, fighting the space pirates was still awesome. I haven't finished it because the dark world was just dull to me, taking damage wasn't an intuitie thing it was just annoying and the boss fights sucked, it was just fight the creature normally.... then fight it again but dark. I didn't like MP2 much so I didn't like Dark Samus as much (ooh an evil samus... how scary) I did however thoroughly (sp?) enjoy MP with the Ridley fight being amazing (he bombs you flies around, lands and roars right in your face, that was just, wow. I also found it harder than the MP fight, Ridley is much cooler than darl samus, why d'you think they keep bringing him back?
The boss fight against Meta Ridley was harder than the Metroid Prime fight, but I doubt this was intentional. The idea of the light and dark world was very creative and I liked it, but they butchered it with light and dark ammo. If they had made the game without light and dark ammo, it would have appealed to more people. They only did ammo because enemies were stronger/weaker vs a certain type and it would be unfair to use it freely. In MP there were beam strength advantages, but none were as severe as, say, a dark enemy being hit by the lightblast.

If they made it so enemies were already in rooms before you entered them, as they did in MP, then people would just shoot them and kill them before entering, using the door as cover, and never actually fight enemies. All they did with the "door-closes-spawns-enemies" thing was fix a flaw in the previous game.

As for coolness, DS could be just as cool, but there haven't been as many games for her to re-appear in. She is taking the spotlight as Samus' antagonist in MP3, a position usually granted to Ridley.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Inferno_Blaze:
Do yourself a favor, and go back and play MP2. Just trust me on this.
From your description it sounds like you haven't gotten the Dark Suit (which cuts dark world damage to negligable levels). And if you haven't gotten the Dark Suit, then you haven't fought Amorbis. And if you haven't fought Amorbis, then you haven't seen ANY of what MP2 has to offer.

Although the ammo system is a pain, MP2 has some of THE BEST boss fights the metroid series has to offer (Quadraxis comes to mind...). And this might just be a personal opinion, but I would rank the HydroDynamo Chamber as one of the best metroid levels of all time. Period.

Plus, you'd get to see exactly why Dark Samus is developing her own fan base. She may not be a giant space-pteradactyl, but she still manages to be pretty badass.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
Ridley seems very likely. I'm guessing they were even considering him for SSBM, seeing as he had a model in the SSBM trailer-thing that was near perfectly suited for Smash, so I'm guessing they had started to add him but didn't finish.

SSBM intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2uuD_2QK9E
Ridley is at 0:22

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Inferno_Blaze:
From your description it sounds like you haven't gotten the Dark Suit (which cuts dark world damage to negligable levels). And if you haven't gotten the Dark Suit, then you haven't fought Amorbis. And if you haven't fought Amorbis, then you haven't seen ANY of what MP2 has to offer.

Although the ammo system is a pain, MP2 has some of THE BEST boss fights the metroid series has to offer (Quadraxis comes to mind...). And this might just be a personal opinion, but I would rank the HydroDynamo Chamber as one of the best metroid levels of all time. Period.

Plus, you'd get to see exactly why Dark Samus is developing her own fan base. She may not be a giant space-pteradactyl, but she still manages to be pretty badass.
Very good paragraph, I appreciate the support of the knowledgeable.

Azukki, so did StarWolf. So did a lot of people, but no dice.

But, I do see your point.

Rhyme....<3.
Listen, Sensai, you need to stop this unusual obsession with me.:blush: It's getting out of hand.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Oh, also;

The Hunters have about as much of a chance to be in Brawl as Kermit the Frog does. I feel that worth noting.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, but even so...a hunter or two could be in it. Just think about it. Samus old school villian faces off against Samus nOOb villian. Here's hoping & praying.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Inferno_Blaze:

I've back into it a bit for a while (haven't had time atm). I got the dark suit ages ago, I do like the boss fights but the unoriginal weapons, the annoying ammo and the fact that it's light vs dark (ooh how original). The weapons were partly what made MP so great (frying and freezing enemies? awesomee), MP2 has great graphics but it just wasn't as fun.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I know what you are saying about MP2. The reason I was disappointed was because I went into it thinking it'd be an improvement over MP. But it wasn't. The ammo annoyed me, the enemies were largely reminiscent of MP enemies, the two worlds got annoying. But as others have said the boss fights were incredible.

The best thing to come from Echoes is easily Dark Samus. My favourite parts in the game were when I got to face off against her. So if they can find a space for her in SSBB after they *should* put Ridley in then she is very welcome.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Before I played the fight against that massive thing (I don't remember the creature - it's where you walk underneath the area first and can hear this massive thumping from is pacing around above). I wouldn't have agreed with you about the boss fights but that fight was great.

I totally agree with you Lemon man, MP2 next to MP just seemed well, kinda lame I had all the same annoyances as you posted. I'll try and finish it off some time over christmas when I'm not on Zelda as I'd like to before I get MP3 but I just miss how you could electrify a space pirate so he would tilt back and shake and freese one before blasting it apart with magma

The Heat vision part in the base was scary too, I remember this one moment where I walked into a room and could see the pirates in heat vision but then the glass with metroids in smashed and I screamed "Oh ****!" and fled, what was mroe scary was that when I dared return the first thing I saw was the corpse of a space pirate slowly sliding down a ramp as aa metroid grasped it's head, pulsating grotesquely. It was scary and yet awesome.

Ah I just miss the old guns, plus the multiplayer sucked (missile spam ftw!) I always go dark beam even if it's easy to dodge just because I love how it can freeze people. I'm not up to it yet but I don't want to get the Light suit as it just looks stupid and the dark suit is so much cooler (speaking of which, why does the dark suit take damage in the dark world?).

By all means add Dark Samus I just feel ridley should get in first as he deserves the spot more.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now while I'll agree that the MP beams were above and beyond what you got in MP2, I think this is mostly due to the ammo system. And while I'll agree that the enemies are similar to what you found in MP, I'd say that the Grenchler far outstrips the Shegoth in just about every way. Besides, the scan visor in MP2 was so much better. Aside from the entire scanable item being highlighted and color-coded, it also allowed for what was esentialy and in-game model viewer, and that's just awesome.

But all that is beside the point. The point is that Dark Samus rocked in MP2, just as she will undoubtebly rock in MP3. Speaking of which, MP3 is pretty much guaranteed to be released before Brawl, which means that Sakurai won't have to contact Retro studios at all to get the inside stuff on Dark Samus. He can just wait 'till 2007 and get his own copy of th game.

Also, Inferno_Blaze, I'm glad to hear you're at least trying to play through MP2.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Okay, now while I'll agree that the MP beams were above and beyond what you got in MP2, I think this is mostly due to the ammo system. And while I'll agree that the enemies are similar to what you found in MP, I'd say that the Grenchler far outstrips the Shegoth in just about every way. Besides, the scan visor in MP2 was so much better. Aside from the entire scanable item being highlighted and color-coded, it also allowed for what was esentialy and in-game model viewer, and that's just awesome.

But all that is beside the point. The point is that Dark Samus rocked in MP2, just as she will undoubtebly rock in MP3. Speaking of which, MP3 is pretty much guaranteed to be released before Brawl, which means that Sakurai won't have to contact Retro studios at all to get the inside stuff on Dark Samus. He can just wait 'till 2007 and get his own copy of th game.

Also, Inferno_Blaze, I'm glad to hear you're at least trying to play through MP2.
The scanning system rocked out loud in MP2 and is supposed to be improved going into MP3. Enemies in MP2 were generally stronger and more challenging than in MP; I found myself dying a few times during boss fights in Prime 2 but not Prime, and once in Prime 2 I died in actual, non-boss gameplay. The grenchler was the monstrocity you faced in groups of 2-4 that attacked underwater, right? They were what killed me. I stopped playing the game for a while and when I tried to pick up where I had left off, I found them hard to overcome. The ammo system is what sort of ruined the weapons. Disregarding ammo, I would say the Nintendo staff did a great job with the weapons.

OysterMeister: The only part of your post that I must disagree with is the portion concerning Retro Studios. Although it is true that MP3 will release way before Brawl, it would require several months to create a character. Prime 3 would need to be released somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 months before Brawl for Hal to use the actual production version as material while designing Dark Samus.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
OysterMeister: The only part of your post that I must disagree with is the portion concerning Retro Studios. Although it is true that MP3 will release way before Brawl, it would require several months to create a character. Prime 3 would need to be released somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 months before Brawl for Hal to use the actual production version as material while designing Dark Samus.
Rhyme beat me to it...strangely. THAT was certainly unexpected.

Yeah they made game-wise improvements to Echoes - Scanning system, boss fights, difficulty - but the game overall didn't feel like a Metroid game to me. The Lumoth were absurd at times, and I felt like the Dark Suit and Light Suit were cop-outs. Why would all of these powers bind themselves to a suit of Chozo design? It didn't make any sense.

And I missed Penendria Drifts deeply. I still hum the theme song to it sometimes.

Megaa

Smash Cadet
To all those who say Ridley is too big for SSBM:

On his feet, Ridley would only be a little taller than Samus. They could easily manipulate his character to fit into SSBB.

I sure do hope for him in SSBB. <3

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
I want BOTH Of them on there i mean Noticed how no one said they would have them as sercret characters no one know's how many characters there will be >:D

Devastlian

Smash Lord
But, Megaa...that game isn't canon. It's not that Ridley's too big, it's that he's too long. His tail is always really long and, even if he was shrunk down to Bowser's size, his wings would be huge. I mean, at the same shoulder height as Bowser, he'd be really long. And, if his head-to-tail length was the same as Bowser's, his body would be rediculously small.

I love Ridley but his design just doesn't lend itself to being player controlled.

gravsamus4747

Smash Rookie
whoever t-major is he is clearly a noobist, just because i just joined smash boards doesnt mean i've never played a video game, ridley wont happen seriously trust me, ive said this on another thread but ill say it again, no superbeings will be in the game, ridley wasnt designed as a brawler, he was designed to be a gigantic strike fear in your heart insurmountable boss with every power conceivable to a dragon, saying ridley has pssibility is like saying emperor ing has possibility or saying metroid prime has possibilty, a game like smash bros just doesnt fit with their character, ridley won't punch someone, it's almost demeaning to the character, superbeings were designed as superiors not equals they're meant to breath fire and cause earthquakes, not duke eit out with italian plumbers, can anyone imagine how Mario could defeat ridley? unless you've been tokin' a little too much there's no way in h**l a plumber could beat a prehistoric gigantic pseudo-dragon-pteradactyl

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
About the NES Ridley: As it was mentioned by Mic, I believe, no matter how cannon or not cannon he is, he's still just data in a computer and can be modified however Nintendo wants him to be.

Hell, Samus was fighting Ridley in the opening video to Melee, and the size difference was comprable to Mario/Bowser.

The tail and wings? Don't worry about it. They can just fold them up and be used for attacks. You don't see Pitt or Metaknight's wings in the way.

gravsamus4747

Smash Rookie
thats not the point mirai-gen, the point is that certain characters are created as big bad dudes, like could you envision quadraxis in brawl? most certainly not, it is his menacing aura that makes him such an awesome boss, you pit him against a cupid look-alike and you flush the aura right down the toilet, you can size whomever to whatever size but thats not the point the point is that you wouldnt put Ganon (actual Ganon the huge light arrows dude fomr ocarina) in brawl, it just isnt him, you put in characters who could fight with punches and kicks and headbutts,

PS why does everyone keep reverting to the stupid opening video? if you're gonna argue with me dont make it about size i dont give a **** about size, it the character that matters

wow they actually censor d*mn thats funny

Rhyme

Smash Lord
whoever t-major is he is clearly a noobist, just because i just joined smash boards doesnt mean i've never played a video game, ridley wont happen seriously trust me, ive said this on another thread but ill say it again, no superbeings will be in the game, ridley wasnt designed as a brawler, he was designed to be a gigantic strike fear in your heart insurmountable boss with every power conceivable to a dragon, saying ridley has pssibility is like saying emperor ing has possibility or saying metroid prime has possibilty, a game like smash bros just doesnt fit with their character, ridley won't punch someone, it's almost demeaning to the character, superbeings were designed as superiors not equals they're meant to breath fire and cause earthquakes, not duke eit out with italian plumbers, can anyone imagine how Mario could defeat ridley? unless you've been tokin' a little too much there's no way in h**l a plumber could beat a prehistoric gigantic pseudo-dragon-pteradactyl
Now although I would rather have Dark Samus over any other Metroid villain, I must point out a few flaws in your post.

Actually, T-Major was involved in a discussion on another thread which concerned people new to the boards. Everyone agreed after several posts that n00bs to Smashboards are generally treated unfairly and that we would all try to be more accepting from now on. That being said, T-Major is simply disagreeing with you, he isn't hating on n00bs.

There is a very high chance that he will happen. Not that I wouldn't prefer DS, but he is more likely than her.

True, but you can't compare him to Emperor Ing or the Omega Metroid, because unlike the others, Ridley could effectively be made a brawler. As long as he was the biggest or close to it in Brawl.

Bowser and Ganondorf punch people and yet they were not demeaned. Both were final bosses so that would classify them as superior beings, yet they were both overthrown by their respective protagonist.

Cliche and misguided. The entire game is, for the most part, impossible. Who would have thought that swordsmen, who could destroy entire armies, could lose to a voracious dinosaur?

My final word, while I'm sure we are in agreeance that Dark Samus would make a better villain, your argument is out of fashion.

EDIT:
thats not the point mirai-gen, the point is that certain characters are created as big bad dudes, like could you envision quadraxis in brawl? most certainly not, it is his menacing aura that makes him such an awesome boss, you pit him against a cupid look-alike and you flush the aura right down the toilet, you can size whomever to whatever size but thats not the point the point is that you wouldnt put Ganon (actual Ganon the huge light arrows dude fomr ocarina) in brawl, it just isnt him, you put in characters who could fight with punches and kicks and headbutts.
But Ridley isn't goddly, just rediculously strong. Dark Samus has plenty of other-worldly powers yet no one considers her uberhuman. Quadraxis, yes more like a god. Ridley fights you one on one, and isn't exactly monstrous, although he is big. No go, Ridley isn't a god.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
ok like the guy before said about Ridley being in the SSBM intro. If u do not remember check it out because Ridley's size is incredibly small: much like the size of DK then being a huge dragon as usual. Plus note how Ridley even appears to have attacks. Ridley is awesome. Ridley deserves the spot before DS mostly because Ridley is a MUCH more devloped character. I would not be surprised if in the next smash after brawl that Dark Samus may have a spot. Of course one can only hope that we will get another Samus character infiltrating Brawl! =)

T-major

Smash Champion
Now although I would rather have Dark Samus over any other Metroid villain, I must point out a few flaws in your post.

Actually, T-Major was involved in a discussion on another thread which concerned people new to the boards. Everyone agreed after several posts that n00bs to Smashboards are generally treated unfairly and that we would all try to be more accepting from now on. That being said, T-Major is simply disagreeing with you, he isn't hating on n00bs.

There is a very high chance that he will happen. Not that I wouldn't prefer DS, but he is more likely than her.

True, but you can't compare him to Emperor Ing or the Omega Metroid, because unlike the others, Ridley could effectively be made a brawler. As long as he was the biggest or close to it in Brawl.

but yeah. RIDLEY FTW!!

Bowser and Ganondorf punch people and yet they were not demeaned. Both were final bosses so that would classify them as superior beings, yet they were both overthrown by their respective protagonist.

Cliche and misguided. The entire game is, for the most part, impossible. Who would have thought that swordsmen, who could destroy entire armies, could lose to a voracious dinosaur?

My final word, while I'm sure we are in agreeance that Dark Samus would make a better villain, your argument is out of fashion.
those are some good multi-coloured counter points. and thanks for the defence... to tell you the truth... haha, I don't even remember who that person is! :laugh: don't know what he's got against me... his post made me laugh though.

but yeah, RIDLEY FTW!!!

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
thats not the point mirai-gen, the point is that certain characters are created as big bad dudes, like could you envision quadraxis in brawl? most certainly not, it is his menacing aura that makes him such an awesome boss, you pit him against a cupid look-alike and you flush the aura right down the toilet, you can size whomever to whatever size but thats not the point the point is that you wouldnt put Ganon (actual Ganon the huge light arrows dude fomr ocarina) in brawl, it just isnt him, you put in characters who could fight with punches and kicks and headbutts,
Look, speaking in the context of a fighting game, you can't convey the sheer terror and awe of Ridley and make the game fair.

If they did make things that way, Giga Bowser would be the only type of Bowser in Melee.

I can't remember the last time I played a playable character who inspired terror in a fighting game. Probably because it didn't happen.

And the bit about putting in characters that punch and kick...Who says Ridley and Dark Samus can't do those? They have arms and legs, don't they? Even if they weren't able to 'punch and kick' like you say, where is it written in the Smash Bros Bible that the fighters have to be bipedal?

Megaa

Smash Cadet
But, Megaa...that game isn't canon. It's not that Ridley's too big, it's that he's too long. His tail is always really long and, even if he was shrunk down to Bowser's size, his wings would be huge. I mean, at the same shoulder height as Bowser, he'd be really long. And, if his head-to-tail length was the same as Bowser's, his body would be rediculously small.

I love Ridley but his design just doesn't lend itself to being player controlled.
Canon or not, it was Ridley's first appearance EVER, so I think Nintendo could take the liberty of reverting him to that form.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
those are some good multi-coloured counter points. and thanks for the defence... to tell you the truth... haha, I don't even remember who that person is! :laugh: don't know what he's got against me... his post made me laugh though.

but yeah, RIDLEY FTW!!!
At least he is honest, admitting he forgot about someone. I noticed you took the liberty of splicing my quote much like I usually do to yours. Was that a demonstration?

Canon or not, it was Ridley's first appearance EVER, so I think Nintendo could take the liberty of reverting him to that form.
Is this argument really over the dimensions of a character? Considering the fact that they change when characters attack and jump, I wouldn't concern yourselves with this too much. Besides, didn't the opening movie already confirm that Nintendo already has a working Ridley model in their posession? Just make him lighter in Melee if his girth bothers you so.

Top Bottom